Windows 10: Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10 How to Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10

How to: Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10

How to Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10

Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How do you copy content across your devices? Starting with Windows 10 build 17666, Microsoft is addressing that and taking the clipboard to the next level simply press Win+V and youll be presented with a brand-new clipboard experience.

Not only can you can paste from the Sets, which means you can access your clipboard across any PC with this build of Windows or higher.

Roamed text on the clipboard is only supported for clipboard content less than 100 kb. Currently, the clipboard history supports plain text, HTML and image less than 1 MB.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18234, the image size limit has been increased from 1MB to 4MB to accommodate the potential size of full screen screenshots taken on a high-DPI devices.

This tutorial will show you different ways to clear data from your clipboard history in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Clear All Clipboard History Data Including Pinned Items from Settings
    • Option Two: To Clear All Clipboard History Data Excluding Pinned Items from Settings
    • Option Three: To Clear Specific Items in Clipboard History from Win+V
    • Option Four: To Clear All Clipboard History Data Excluding Pinned Items from Win+V
    • Option Five: To Clear Clipboard without Affecting Clipboard History Data with Command

EXAMPLE: Clipboard history

Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Clear All Clipboard History Data Including Pinned Items from Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Clipboard on the left side, and turn off Save multiple items on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*note You can turn on Save multiple items again afterwards if you like.

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Clear All Clipboard History Data Excluding Pinned Items from Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Clipboard on the left side, and click/tap on the Clear button under Clear clipboard data on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*note If Save multiple items is turned off, the Clear button will be grayed out.

*note If Save multiple items is turned on and the Clear button is grayed out, then it means you do not have anything in clipboard history that can be cleared.

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.
    history-

OPTION THREE [/i] To Clear Specific Items in Clipboard History from Win+V
    1. Press the Win+V keys to open the clipboard. (see screenshot below)

2. Perform either action below to delete any specific items (pinned or unpinned) you want from your clipboard history:
    • Click/tap on the X at the top right corner of an item you want to delete.
    • Press the up arrow and down arrow keys to select an item you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Clear All Clipboard History Data Excluding Pinned Items from Win+V

*note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17704.
    1. Press the Win+V keys to open the clipboard. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Clear all button at the top right corner.

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Clear Clipboard without Affecting Clipboard History Data with Command

*note This option can be used in all Windows. This will not clear your clipboard history data. It will only clear what is currently in the clipboard to paste.
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow cmd /c "echo off | clip"

*note If you like, you can also create a Clear Clipboard shortcut to make doing this easier on demand.
    3. You can now close the command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 21, 2017

2. Clear clipboard in windows 10

how do i clear the clipboard in windows 10?

JennyWood95, Oct 27, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Clear Clipboard

Hi Oaksavannah,

In the current versions (CC) of Illustrator, there is no way to clear the clipboard - the old versions used to have Edit - Purge, but that was removed . . .

Illustrator will automatically clear the clipboard when is closes

You can minimize the size of the clipboard by adjusting the settings in Edit - Preferences - File Handling and Clipboard

That's about all the control Adobe provids at the moment . . .

DaveM121, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10

Clear Clipboard in Wondows 10

How do I clear my Clipboard in Win 10? I've tried the "Create a shortcut>paste cmd /c "echo off | clip" into the location, click the shortcut to clear the Clipboard" method but it's not working for some reason. Are there any other methods?

CrazyQuilt, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Clear Clipboard

How can I clear the clipboard when I am working in Adobe Illustrator?

Oaksavannah, Oct 27, 2019
  6. zapd Win User
    How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

This does not work. I get this "Some data couldn't be cleared. Please try again." Windows 10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.218)

Thema:

Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10

1. Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Clipboard Data

2. How NOT to automatically clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How NOT to automatically clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  3. How NOT to automatically clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How NOT to automatically clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  4. How NOT to automatic clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How NOT to automatic clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  5. For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  6. For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  7. For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...

8. Window 10 Clipboard interface-clear all button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Clipboard interface-clear all button: i understand the newer window version have a different clipboard interface when clicking win+v... but is it possible to enable the upper right corner clear all button after pressing win + r in the new interface or is there a simple double click solution to clear all...
  9. how to clear files on clipboard

how to clear files on clipboard: how to clear files on clipboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-files-on-clipboard/0380d4c3-0836-470b-a815-5d0c21969979
  10. Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows How to Create a Clear Clipboard Shortcut in Windows The clipboard is a temporary storage area used by Windows. Information (such as text, files, graphics, sound, or video) can be copied to the clipboard from one program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. data on clipboard is not the same size in windows 10 not 7