Windows 10: Create Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10 The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10

The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions include the Hyper-V virtualization technology. Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems can be used and managed just as if they were physical computer systems, however they exist in virtualized and isolated environment. Special software called a hypervisor manages access between the virtual systems and the physical hardware resources. Virtualization enables quick deployment of computer systems, a way to quickly restore systems to a previously known good state, and the ability to migrate systems between physical hosts.

Programs and Features as Hyper-V Management Tools on any Windows OS with Hyper-V included. Hyper-V Platform does not need to be enabled in order to manage remote hosts.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a Hyper-V Manager Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a Hyper-V Manager Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Hyper-V Manager

Create Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Hyper-V Manager Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Hyper-V_Manager_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Hyper-V Manager Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    %windir%\System32\mmc.exe virtmgmt.msc

3. Type Hyper-V Manager for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    *note You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Hyper-V Manager shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    %ProgramFiles%\Hyper-V\SnapInAbout.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    *note You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)

9. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 15, 2015
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

4. Create Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Hyper-V Manager Unable to Connect to Remote Servers in Windows 10

I recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Enterprise to Win 10 Enterprise. I had Hyper-V Manager installed to connect to a few Hyper-V hosts running on Windows 8.x. After the upgrade on my machine, I can no longer connect to the remote Hyper-V hosts.

• All Machines are part of the same domain.
    • This worked prior to the upgrade.
    • Verified that all the Remote Administration and WinRM features were enabled in the firewall post upgrade.
    Here's the error I receive:

Create Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10 b2413319-11d2-44d9-b88d-c1407544b9e3.jpg

I've googled this a bit and tried a suggestion about running winrm quickconfig. That ran through it's process but did not resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated! I need to get access to manage these hosts through the Hyper-V MMC.

Thanks in Advance,

Doug

dstewart1829, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Hyper-V Manager opens Microsoft Management Console - Can't use VMs

Running an activate version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (v1709 build: 16299.309)

A few weeks ago I tried to run a VM on Hyper-V which previously worked fine. I clicked start, type Hyper-V Manager, right click and choose run as Administrator (as I typically do). It then opens Microsoft Management Console which is not what I want.

When I look at the shortcut target it's pointing to: %windir%\System32\mmc.exe which doesn't seem right.

I've tried turning off and turning back on Hyper-V using Windows Features on/off.

I've confirmed Hyper-V Host Compute service is Running and Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management is running (which they are).

I run vmconnect.ext as admin it shows the VMs and tries to start them but I get errors about a virtual port. I can't fix that because I can't get into Hyper-v manager.

Been trying to get this to work for weeks and about to scrap it for VirtualBox.

Any suggestions?

MichaelF_452, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Create Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10

1. Create Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Hyper Manager

2. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  3. Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v

Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v: Hi There I am using windows 10 Pro, and had a virtual machine installed using Hyper-V with two virtual HDD in that VM. Recently I had some problem with my Windows 10 OS and had to reset my windows with keeping all the files and settings, and it installed a new windows...
  4. Manage remote Hyper-V machine

Manage remote Hyper-V machine: I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup: Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine laptop with hyper-v management what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management...
  5. VMware with only Hyper-V Manager

VMware with only Hyper-V Manager: When you have Hyper-V fully installed on a Windows 10 machine, a Standard User can only access Hyper-V via a server connection. This gave me an idea. I was wondering if you could install only Hyper-V Management Tools on the host system and still be able to run VMware. In...
  6. Hyper-V Manager not available

Hyper-V Manager not available: Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared. 3. Unfortunately i can not...
  7. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...
  8. Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows: How to: Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows How to Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 8 and 10 [img] Note There's nothing wrong in running the Hyper-V Manager and launch your virtual machines from there. However, creating a...
  9. Hyper-V - Create and Use VHD of Windows 10 with Disk2VHD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Create and Use VHD of Windows 10 with Disk2VHD: How to: Hyper-V - Create and Use VHD of Windows 10 with Disk2VHD How to Create VHD of Windows 10 Installation and Use in Hyper-V [img] Note The tutorial has been updated today (20-MAR-2017). Please post all your questions about this process in this thread. Please...
  10. Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10 The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions include the Hyper-V virtualization technology. Hyper-V enables...