Windows 10: Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10 A network connection is a set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10

A network connection is a set of information that enables your computer to connect to the Internet, a network, or another computer. When you install a network adapter in your computer, Windows creates a connection for it in the Network Connections folder. A local area connection is created for an Ethernet network adapter. A wireless network connection is created for a wireless network adapter.

In the Network Connections folder, you can select a connection and view status information, such as connection duration, speed, and amounts of data transmitted and received; and you can use any diagnostic tools available for a particular connection. Depending on the status of the connection, the icon changes appearance in the Network Connections folder.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Network Connections shortcut that opens in the Control Panel or Settings for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a Network Connections Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a Network Connections Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Network Connections in Control Panel and Settings

Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Network Connections Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file of the shortcut you want.

Network_Connections_CP_shortcut.zip

Download

OR

Network_Connections_in_Settings_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Network Connections Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below you want to use into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

(Network Connections in Control Panel)
    *Arrow ncpa.cpl

OR

*Arrow explorer.exe shell:::{992CFFA0-F557-101A-88EC-00DD010CCC48}

OR

(Network Connections in Settings)
    *Arrow explorer.exe ms-settings:network

3. Type Network Connections for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)

*note You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Network Connections shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below you want to use, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

(Network Connections in Control Panel)
    *Arrow %SystemRoot%\system32\netshell.dll

OR

(Network Connections in Settings)
    *Arrow %windir%\ImmersiveControlPanel\systemsettings.exe

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)

*note You can use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 7, 2016

2. Create a shortcut to map a network drive windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to create a shortcut to map a network drive. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the articles mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Note: These articles are for Windows 7/8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Unable to create shortcuts in Windows 10

Hi Terry,

Provide us with additional information to assist you further:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue confined to create a shortcut for any specific application?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try creating shortcuts in Safe mode with networking and check if it helps.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.

• Type msconfig
      and press Enter.

• In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.

• Select Start-up selection
      as Normal startup, click on Apply and
      Ok

• Follow onscreen instructions.

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Network Connections

2. Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically: I'm not really sure why but windows is creating a shortcut on AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Network Shortcuts named Documents with the same icon as the User/Documents folder and of course it's appearing on on the This computeron top of the C drive section on the left side...
  3. Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically: I'm not really sure why but windows is creating a shortcut on AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Network Shortcuts named Documents with the same icon as the User/Documents folder and of course it's appearing on on the This computeron top of the C drive section on the left side...
  4. How do I creat a network shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I creat a network shortcut?: I have created a shared folder on my linux machine and would like to access it from my windows machine. I am trying to create a shortcut on my windows desktop that links to the folder on the linux desktop using the location "\\<ipaddress>\<shared_folder>". Windows security...
  5. How do I creat a network shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I creat a network shortcut?: I have created a shared folder on my linux machine and would like to access it from my windows machine. I am trying to create a shortcut on my windows desktop that links to the folder on the linux desktop using the location "\\<ipaddress>\<shared_folder>". Windows security...
  6. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  7. create shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  8. Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Show Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information The Networks flyout shows you a list of networks (ex: wireless and/or Ethernet) available to connect to from your PC, and any...
  9. Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Connect Wireless Display and Audio Devices shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can connect a wireless display or Bluetooth audio device to your PC. Miracast is a wireless...
  10. Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Search Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files. One way is in File Explorer. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Search shortcut...