Windows 10: Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

Discus and support Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Change Network Connections in Win+X to Open from Control Panel or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Edwin New Member

Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

How to: Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

How to Change Network Connections in Win+X to Open from Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power user Windows tools.

A network connection is a set of information that enables your computer to connect to the Internet, a network, or another computer. When you install a network adapter in your computer, Windows creates a connection for it in the Network Connections folder. A local area connection is created for an Ethernet network adapter. A wireless network connection is created for a wireless network adapter.

Starting with Control Panel.

This tutorial will show you how to have Network Connections in the Win+X Quick Link menu open to Control Panel or Settings for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Network Connections in Win+X menu open to Control Panel or Settings

Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download a ZIP file for a Control Panel or Settings shortcut depending on what you want Power Options in the Win+X menu to open to.
    Control_Panel-Network_Connections.zip

Download

OR

Settings-Network_Connections.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file. (see screenshots below)

5. Open a seperate File Explorer window, copy and paste the location below into the address bar, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow %LocalAppdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3

6. Drag and drop (copy) the 04-1 - NetworkStatus shortcut from the .zip file in step 4 into the Group3 folder in step 5.

7. Click/tap on Replace the file in the destination when prompted. (see screenshot below)

8. Restart explorer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Oct 15, 2016

2. Windows 10

If you mean that you want to open the Control Panel, press WIN+X and select Control Panel from the menu.

Alan Russell, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Can't open OneDrive anymore on Windows 7 computer

Hi,

I found a solution. I reset the Internet Explorer settings.

Open the Win+X Power menu,
    click/tap on Control Panel

Open Network and Internet

Open Internet options

Open Advanced tab

Click on Reset... button

Check Delete personnal settings

Click on Reset button

You're done!

Marc Klein, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

1. Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings - Similar Threads - Open Network Connections

2. Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in Control Panel >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in Settings >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  3. Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in Control Panel >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in Settings >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  4. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  5. win 10 control panel opening by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 control panel opening by itself: I am running win 10 on acer aspire E1-571 , INTEL CORE i7. few months ago control panel started opening by itself ? I ignored it for a while , But it happens when you doing something important and blocks the screen . very annoying . any ideas what could be causing it ....
  6. Why is ethernet connection set to "public network" in control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is ethernet connection set to "public network" in control panel: Windows 10 (home computer). Why is my ethernet connection set to "public network" and not "private network"? I noticed in my firewall settings it say public was connected and not private. Should I be worried and should I make it private? [img] 102129
  7. Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10: How to: Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 SIZE=5]How to Open System from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10[/SIZE] The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...
  8. Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Control Panel and/or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  9. Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings Open Apps and Features from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  10. Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Open Power Options from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...