Windows 10: Create Windows Defender Security Center Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Windows Defender Security Center Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Windows Security Shortcut in Windows 10 Create Windows Security Shortcut in Windows 10 Windows 10 provides the latest antivirus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by bluemoon4ever, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Create Windows Defender Security Center Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Windows Security Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Windows Security Shortcut in Windows 10

Windows 10 provides the latest antivirus protection with Windows Security. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Security is on and actively protecting your device by scanning for malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Windows Defender Security Center shortcut in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a Windows Security Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a Windows Security Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Windows Security

Create Windows Defender Security Center Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Windows Security Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Windows_Security_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Windows Security Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\explorer.exe windowsdefender:

3. Type Windows Security for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)

*note You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Windows Security shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\EppManifest.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)

*note You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

bluemoon4ever, Jun 25, 2017

2. Windows Defender Security Centre crashes on opening

The “crashing” that you’re describing means that the Windows Defender Security Center Service has stopped – and that issue might actually be limited to the startup environment, so you could see what happens when you start the
    SecurityHealthService in Task Manager. I’ve had an issue with the Windows Defender Service not starting on reboot – and this consistently crashes the
    Windows Defender Security Center Service; so I think maybe this new “Security Center” still needs to be considered a work in progress.

If the old Windows Defender UI is working fine for you, then I would just create a shortcut for it and not worry about the issue with the Windows Defender Security Center. The
    Fall Creators Update is right around the corner now, and with a little luck, that might be all it takes to resolve your issue:

Create Windows Defender Antivirus Shortcut in Windows 10

GreginMich, Jun 25, 2017
  3. how do I pin windows defender to start?

Of course you can also create a shortcut to the old familiar Windows Defender User Interface, which is still alive and kicking in the Creators Edition – and then pin that shortcut to the Start menu or taskbar if you like:

Create Windows Defender Antivirus Shortcut in Windows 10

The notification area icon for the Windows Defender Security Center
    is now enabled by default, but it appears in the hidden icons box. You can just drag it out and drop it in the
    notification area proper if you want to unhide it.

GreginMich, Jun 25, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Windows Defender Security Center Shortcut in Windows 10

Brink, Jun 25, 2017
  5. bluemoon4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Create Windows Defender Security Center Shortcut in Windows 10

1. Create Windows Defender Security Center Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Defender Security

2. Windows Defender Security Center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Center: My Windows Defender Security Center is not working. There are no options like virus & threat protection and others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-center/2f1968ec-0098-4aae-b4c5-ef25f94f5cc6"
  3. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Hi, Every time I connect to VPN(Client Network) from My personal laptop I get windows defender security center popup- Its shows all as green but yet it continuously pop up. I can not type a mail or do anything else. It happens only when VPN connection is done. I tried to...
  4. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: I have a problem with access to Windows Defender settings. I am not able to turn application and file checking on. It says that in order to change the setting I have to be an administrator but I am already an administrator. I am sorry for this being written in Croatian. I...
  5. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: I keep getting notification that threats has been found, "Windows anti virus protection found threats. Get details. When I click on the message or manual open the defender center I get the message there are no current threats and the center is locked up. I have rebooted...
  6. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: The taskbar Show Hidden Icons shows the Windows Defender Security Center icon with a yellow exclamation symbol and says Actions recommended. But when I launch the tool everything shows green. What action is recommended? How do I fix this? I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit....
  7. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Under Virus & Threat protection I click on learn more and it then goes to sign in. When I try to sign it tell me This doesn't look like a work or school email. You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead This is a personal...
  8. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When I boot my system (Windows 10 Home Ed.) "Windows Defender Security Center" always pops up windowed (not minimised). is this normal (I can't remember that it was always like this) and can I do something about it so that it starts minimised ? 112234
  9. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Since the Fall update 1709 the Windows Defender Security starts up NOT longer minimised but windowed. I don't see how I can change this so that Defender starts up minimized as it used to. Windows Defender start up through the register entry: Registry -> User Run...
  10. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When booting my Window 10 (Home Edition) the "Windows Defender Security Center" program starts no longer minimized as it used to be. I don't know what caused this or what can I do about this. I know this isn't a big deal but it some could help me remedy this I would be most...