Windows 10: Delete all favorites from Edge?

Discus and support Delete all favorites from Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Unblocked it but still getting no further than it opening in Notepad. Extracted it and it puts the file into another directory under Users. Clicking on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Carnivore, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Maggidon Win User

Delete all favorites from Edge?

Unblocked it but still getting no further than it opening in Notepad. Extracted it and it puts the file into another directory under Users. Clicking on it there only does the same thing, bringing it up into Notepad.

I'm going to call this a closed case. Obviously, this is not an easy fix. Thanks for the efforts Brink.

Maggidon, Dec 1, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

That's ok. It sounds like your .bat file association is messed up, and associated to open with Notepad by mistake.

You can download and merge the .reg file for the listed bat in the table of OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to restore the default association for .bat files.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Afterwards, try running the .bat file again. *Smile

Brink, Dec 1, 2015
  3. Maggidon Win User
    Thanks for the persistent effort Brink. I'm away from my computer for a bit but will follow your directions when I get back. Thank you again for this! Delete all favorites from Edge? :)

Maggidon, Dec 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ok. Please let us know how it went. *Smile

Brink, Dec 1, 2015
  5. Maggidon Win User
    There is no way this is easy for me Brink. I'm on site you gave me, but what I'm to download from there is beyond me. It's way too confusing for an amateur like myself. I see one that might come close (in my mind) which is called Bat (Windows Batch File). Is this the one I download? And if so, will running that particular file in itself clear my Bookmarks from Edge (only) or do I have to run this Batch File then run the "Reset Microsoft Edge" after opening the Bat file? Am I confusing you? I know I am! Delete all favorites from Edge? :)

Maggidon, Dec 2, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 3, 2015
  7. Maggidon Win User
    Brink, when one does a Registry backup and then uses that Backup, does what was put in the Registry remain there even after importing the Backup?

Maggidon, Dec 3, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

It can if it's not deleted or replaced by the import.

The best way is to create a system restore point to back it up with. When you do a system restore it'll replace the complete registry with what's in the restore point.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

System Restore Windows 10

The .reg file in the tutorial below for the .bat option is 100% safe since it's to restore the default registry entries for it.

Brink, Dec 3, 2015
  9. Maggidon Win User
    I've run the Bat file. That did nothing as to clearing the Bookmarks out of Edge. Clicking on the Reset Microsoft Edge still only opens up Notepad. What am I doing wrong?

Maggidon, Dec 3, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you do this below first? It fixes the .bat file associations so it will run for you afterwards instead of opening in Notepad.

Brink, Dec 3, 2015
  11. Maggidon Win User
    Yipper! Signed out and signed back in but to no avail. I run the bat file but it does nothing to fix the Reset Microsoft Edge. It still opens up in the Notepad.

Maggidon, Dec 4, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, you could just manually delete the DataStore folder from OPTION THREE below. This is what the .bat file deletes.

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStor e

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...a.html#option3

Brink, Dec 4, 2015
  13. Maggidon Win User

Good. There is no Datastore folder here but there is one called Data & another called Indexed. Would either of these be what you might be referring to?

Maggidon, Dec 4, 2015
  14. Maggidon Win User
    Anyway Brink, I went ahead and deleted both the Data Folder and the Indexed Folder. Signing out and back in and the Bookmarks are still there. Weird and wonderful. Why don't we all have a moment of silence?

Maggidon, Dec 4, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Delete all favorites from Edge? - Similar Threads - Delete favorites Edge

2. Favorites Bar had deleted all my Favorites in it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites Bar had deleted all my Favorites in it: I use Windows 11 Edge Favorites. I have two folders, one is called Favorites Bar, the other is Other Favorites. I have been saving web sites in folders in the Favorites Bar. However, on looking in there today, all the folders have gone. There is only an icon in there to One...
  3. How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge: I want to delete some websites that I have saved to my favorites bar in Microsoft Edge. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-favorites-from-microsoft-edge/35b7fc41-d161-41a8-ad91-586a21a76b31
  4. Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge: I been trying to delete all the favorites out of microsoft edge at one time. This does not seem possible. Seems like a good browser but I am tired of messing with the favorites. I would think that all the technology you guys you could make this a simple task. I don't...
  5. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  6. Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?: In IE, deleted favorites ended up in the Recycle bin from where you could get rid of them for good. Now that I am using Edge I don't see the deleted favorites in the recycle bin. Where are they? Taking room in an unseen file? Does anyone know? Was this question too hard...
  7. Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?: Are all my Favorites from MS Edge saved in a cloud? I'm opening up my User folder and Favorites and my favorites are not listed. 25704
  8. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  9. How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser: So I decided to give Edge another try, and seeing that I am still unable to directly import my favorites from Firefox I went around it by exporting them to a HTML file, importing them into IE and then into Edge. Well only half of them ended up appearing in edge and I now...
  10. Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites: I have not been able to delete favorites from the "Favorite Bar" drop down list. The right-click and the delete key do not work. 12199