Windows 10: Delete Conversations in Messaging app in Windows 10

Discus and support Delete Conversations in Messaging app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Delete Conversations in Messaging app in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Delete Conversations in Messaging app in Windows 10

How to: Delete Conversations in Messaging app in Windows 10

Delete Conversations in Messaging app in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities come integrated into Windows 10 through the Messaging, Phone, and Skype video universal Windows apps.

You can send Skype instant messages as SMS text messages from the Messaging app on your Windows 10 PC to other Skype users across phones, over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi tablets and to PCs Wi-Fi.

This tutorial will show you how to delete a conversation and all of it's messages in the Messaging app for your account on your Windows 10 PC.

Note Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14327, Skype integration in the Messaging app in this build of Windows 10 Mobile has been removed. This is so Skype can streamline your experience, replacing the integration with the Skype UWP Preview app for mobile in an upcoming build. In the meantime, you can use the existing Skype for Windows Phone app available in the Windows Store.

Here's How:

1. Open the Messaging app from All apps.

2. Do step 3 or step 4 below for how you would like to delete one or more conversations.

3. Right click or press and hold on a conversation you want to delete, click/tap on Delete, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Select
    button. (see screenshot below)

B) Check the conversations you want to delete, click/tap on the Delete
    button, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Delete to confirm. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 3, 2017
  2. pruoccojr Win User

Is it possible to ungroup message "conversations" ?

I love the mail app, but I HATE the way it groups emails into conversations. I'd much rather have it list each message individually. Is that a possibility in Windows 10 Mail?

pruoccojr, Oct 26, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Is it possible to ungroup message "conversations" ?

I'm not sure but it may be like Windows Live Mail in which one can click the Date at the top of the message list then an icon will show in one of the ribbon choices. Clicking the Conversations will allow turning it off. I don't have WLM installed but look in the various tabs for it, might be in View.

Berton, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Delete long sms conversation fails

Whether from inside the conversation, pressing ... and delete conversation, or long press on conversation list and delete, the screen darkens for a few seconds, shows the + and ... for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. The conversation is still
    there. I can delete individual messages. The issue is that the conversation is very long - likely 2000-4000 total SMS messages. I believe I've deleted all MMS messages in the thread. Other conversations can be deleted, and disappear quickly. The other conversations
    are also smoother and more responsive. This conversation sometimes has some delays and glitchiness in loading and showing new messages.

Jason C Beck, Oct 26, 2019
  6. HaPe---01 Win User
    how to delete messages in my conversations

You can not delete single messages in the conversation view. But if you go to the normal message view and delete there a message, it will disapear in the conversation view, too.

HaPe---01, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Delete Conversations in Messaging app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Delete Conversations Messaging

2. Deleting messages in My Phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting messages in My Phone app: Is there a way to delete a message in the My Phone app. I often get codes or notices that I want to delete for personal reasons. I have to go to my actual phone to delete them.Also, I do not like the new UI. It always shows too much info. There is no splash screen like the...
  3. Deleting messages in My Phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting messages in My Phone app: Is there a way to delete a message in the My Phone app. I often get codes or notices that I want to delete for personal reasons. I have to go to my actual phone to delete them.Also, I do not like the new UI. It always shows too much info. There is no splash screen like the...
  4. windows 10 to Windows 11 conversion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 to Windows 11 conversion: I am currently using windows 10, will the update of windows 11 be free or paid for me?Either way, will i get a option in my desktop to update directly or should i visit the website?...
  5. Currency conversion in Windows Calculator and other Currency Conversions Apps do not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Currency conversion in Windows Calculator and other Currency Conversions Apps do not work: The currency conversion tool n the Windows Calculator stopped working on around 04/02/2020. I've found that other currency conversion apps will not work. They seem to have trouble accessing the internet. There isn't an issue with the firewall. Have run SFC that does not...
  6. Windows 10 Conversion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Conversion: I'm not a computer whiz, had no classes, basically learned on my own, over the years. When Windows 10 did their recent update or conversion or whatever you call it, I lost all of my documents, pictures, & all of my settings! Is there a way to get them back, or do I have to...
  7. Is it possible to ungroup message "conversations" ?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it possible to ungroup message "conversations" ?: I love the mail app, but I HATE the way it groups emails into conversations. I'd much rather have it list each message individually. Is that a possibility in Windows 10 Mail? 10814
  8. Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and...
  9. Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the...
  10. Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10: How to: Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities come integrated into Windows 10 through the Messaging, Phone, and Skype video...