Windows 10: Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Message from Messaging app on Windows 10 PC [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC

How to: Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC

How to Send SMS Text Message from Messaging app on Windows 10 PC

Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities come integrated into Windows 10 through the Messaging, Phone, and Skype video universal Windows apps.

You can send Skype instant messages as SMS text messages from the Messaging app on your Windows 10 PC to other Skype users across phones, over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi tablets and to PCs Wi-Fi.

This tutorial will show you how to reply to and send SMS text messages from the Messaging app in your account on a Windows 10 PC.

Note Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14327, Skype integration in the Messaging app in this build of Windows 10 Mobile has been removed. This is so Skype can streamline your experience, replacing the integration with the Skype UWP Preview app for mobile in an upcoming build. In the meantime, you can use the existing Skype for Windows Phone app available in the Windows Store.

From Microsoft:

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Send SMS Text Message from Messaging app
    • Option Two: To Reply to SMS Text Message from Messaging app

OPTION ONE [/i] To Send SMS Text Message from Messaging app
    1. If you haven't already, you will need to first turn on Messaging everywhere on your Windows 10 Mobile phone and this Windows 10 PC.

2. Open the Messaging app from All apps.

3. Click/tap on the New message + button or press the Ctrl+N keys to create a new text message. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Choose a contact + button in the To: field. (see screenshot below)

5. Choose or search for a contact to send a text message to. (see screenshot below)

6. Type a text message you want. (see screenshot below)

7. If you would like to add an emoticon, then click/tap on the smiley face button, and select an emoticon. (see screenshot below)

8. When finished, click/tap on the Send button or press the Ctrl+Enter keys to send your reply text message. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Reply to SMS Text Message from Messaging app
    1. Do step 2 (notification), step 3 (action center), step 4 (Messaging app), or step 5 (phone) below for how you would like to reply to the text message sent to you.

2. Reply to Text Message from Notification on your Windows 10 PC
    A) Type a message in the Messaging app notification, and click/tap on the Send button. (see screenshot below)

3. Reply to Text Message from Action Center on your Windows 10 PC
    A) Open the step 3B or step 3C below for how you want to reply.

B) Click/tap on the notification from the Messaging app that you want to reply to, and go to step 4

C) Click/tap on the more arrow for the notification from the Messaging app that you want to reply to, type in a message, and click/tap on the Send button. (see screenshot below)

4. Reply to Text Message from Messaging app on your Windows 10 PC
    A) Open the Messaging app from All apps.

B) Click/tap on the conversation you want to reply to, and type a message. (see screenshot below)

C) If you would like to add an emoticon, then click/tap on the smiley face button, and select an emoticon. (see screenshot below)

D) When finished, click/tap on the Send button or press the Ctrl+Enter keys to send your reply text message. (see screenshot below)

5. Reply to Text Message from your Windows 10 Mobile Phone
    A) Open the Messaging on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

B) Click/tap on the conversation you want to reply to. (see screenshot below)

C) Type in a message, add an emoticon if you like, and click/tap on the Send button when finished. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 1, 2017
  2. StanYau Win User

Messaging App not sending texts?

Wait...

So, just to be clear?

• Windows 10 phones sync both Skype and SMS messages in Messaging app.
    • Windows 10 phones can send and receive Skype and SMS messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PC syncs only Skype messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PCs can send Skype messages in Messaging, but can only send SMS via Cortana?

Is that right, or have I missed something? That makes Messaging on PC kinda pointless, as, well, why wouldn't you just keep using the Skype desktop application? Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC :p

StanYau, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview

Source: To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview - Skype Blogs

See also:

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC

Can secure text messaging like Tigertext be read by the NSA?

Can secure text messaging apps like Tigertext be read by the government or anyone else?
    What about standard SMS text messages?
    Is there any form of electronics communication that the government or NSA can’t read or capture?

gerradfaegan, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Why can't the messaging app send SMS text messages?

Any updates on this? Just like everyone else, I don't see text messages past May 2016, and it only goes back to April 2016. No way to change any settings for the Messaging App on PC Window 10 App. Would really like to use this app to send sms texts rather
    than using Cortana because it takes so long...

JustinHsu81, Oct 26, 2019
  6. GuruJosh Win User
    Sending SMS text messages

I want to send a plain text message using Windows Mobile 5 to one of my contacts by selecting the person from my contacts list then selecting the send text message option. Doing this puts the contacts name and phone number in the To field of the message
    and when I try to send the message it asks me which phone number to use. I select the mobile number from the list, click select, and then get the error "The text message account cannot be used to send email messages". If I manually enter the contacts mobile
    number in the To field, the message will send succesfully.

My question is, how do I get the mobile number only to appear in the To box instead of both Contact name and Mobile number when selecting a contact and selecting Send Text Message?

GuruJosh, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC

1. Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Messaging app Send

2. Send and receive SMS messages without a mobile phone.

in Windows 10 Support
    Send and receive SMS messages without a mobile phone.: Asked on google how to send and receive SMS without a Cell Phone. Got a response "I would be glad to help you. What is your Credit card number. Can I please learn this with out paying a one time fee of $25.00. Is there a windows 10 program that emulates a mobile phone...
  3. your phone app sms messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your phone app sms messages: I have a samsung galaxy note 8 and I used the Your Phone app on it. Now, my messages on the phone are gone but remain in the app on the PC running windows 10. I may have accidentally deleted them on the phone. If I sync with the Your Phone app, will it restore the messages to...
  4. How do I send SMS messages using Windows 10 on-board apps?

How do I send SMS messages using Windows 10 on-board apps?: I'm running a 2-in-1 convertible equipped with a mobile network SIM card. How can I send/receive SMS messages in Windows 10 utilizing on-board apps?...
  5. Windows 10 app duplicat send messages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 app duplicat send messages: Hello.I notice that when send a message from windows 10 callendar and mail app the sending messages appears double in folder of ''send '' messages at outlook.com.Can i fix it? Also i wonder if i can backup or export messages from win10...
  6. Cortana has stopped sending SMS messages and Emails

in Cortana
    Cortana has stopped sending SMS messages and Emails: Both these functions used to work great, but as of the last (March 2019) update, both have stopped working. When I ask Cortana to send a message or compose an email, it just opens up a web search result. Windows all up to date, troubleshooter finds no problems; I'm beat!...
  7. sms from windows 10 message can not send from this device

in Cortana
    sms from windows 10 message can not send from this device: windows 10 1803 build 17134.472 Cortana gives me an error when I try to SMS I'm sorry, I can't send messages here. Try the Cortana app on your phone. Any clue , ideas? thanks charles...
  8. SMS messaging on windows 10 pc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SMS messaging on windows 10 pc: is it possible to send and receive SMS text messages from my windows 10 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sms-messaging-on-windows-10-pc/9a2c3fb1-739e-4604-8994-1ab61daac68b"
  9. Cortana Not Sending Text Messages

Cortana Not Sending Text Messages: Hi, I have the FCU installed and I have an iPhone with the latest iOS. I've gone through tutorials here and elsewhere and even though my iPhone was successfully setup, when I try to send a text message, all I get is that "I'll send that using your phone. It may take a...
  10. Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider build 14926, you can now send and receive SMS text messages from the updated Skype Preview...