Windows 10: Deleting a device from my Microsoft account

Discus and support Deleting a device from my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I delete a device from my Microsoft account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bud I., Apr 20, 2019.

1. Bud I. Win User

Deleting a device from my Microsoft account

How do I delete a device from my Microsoft account?

:)

Bud I., Apr 20, 2019
  2. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Deleting a device from my Microsoft account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Deleting a device from my Microsoft account

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Deleting a device from my Microsoft account

1. Deleting a device from my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Deleting device Microsoft

2. Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device": Hi, I'm not able to remove a device from my Microsoft Account. I'd like to remove it cause it isn't my computer, just one I've been using temporary and somehow it got linked. Probably cause I used Microsoft Store once. I currently have access to the computer but I won't for...
  3. Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device": Hi, I'm not able to remove a device from my Microsoft Account. I'd like to remove it cause it isn't my computer, just one I've been using temporary and somehow it got linked. Probably cause I used Microsoft Store once. I currently have access to the computer but I won't for...
  4. Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Delete a microsoft account on a device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete a microsoft account on a device: I want to sign out this account the red thing There used to be nothing at that red place but now I can't figure how to sign out or delete that account from my computer. Help me please [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. No "delete" button to delete account from a device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No "delete" button to delete account from a device: Hello, I want to remove one of my microsoft accounts from a device, but when I go to Settings -> Accounts and select the account I want to remove there is only one button - "Manage" pol. Zarządzaj. How can I remove this account from my device? [ATTACH]...
  7. Can't delete a device from microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't delete a device from microsoft account.: When I try to delete an unused computer from my Microsoft account, I logon to my account, select the device, and then select "more actions"; but there is no option to delete or remove. The only option that comes up is "Get support". When posting the above, the drop-down...
  8. Delete device from Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete device from Microsoft account: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-device-from-microsoft-account/c228992b-a9fc-4503-8a7b-27fa762c01f0"
  9. Microsoft Account device deletion

Microsoft Account device deletion: When I log in to my Microsoft account it shows in the Device section that I have three devices, but I only have two, a desktop and laptop. The desktop is shown under two names. How can I remove the surplus one?...
  10. Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device

Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device: Hello, everyone! I recently changed schools, and my old school Office 365 account was removed from their systems. As a result, I am no longer able to sign in to the account. I want to remove the account from my computer's settings, and to do so, I have gone to Settings >...