Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List Keyboard Shortcuts List for Microsoft Edge [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Voyager 1, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Voyager 1 Win User

Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List

How to: Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List

Keyboard Shortcuts List for Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List [​IMG]
    Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can save you time and effort as you use Windows and other apps.

This tutorial will show a list of keyboard shortcuts that can be used for the Microsoft Edge web browser in Windows 10.

Note Since there is not an official list of shortcuts by Microsoft yet, this will be a list of shortcuts that I and anyone that posted has found so far until then. This tutorial will be kept updated.

If you know of any keyboard shortcuts that are not already listed in this tutorial, then please feel free to post a reply with it to help others. Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List :)

[table][tr][td]Press this key[/td] [td]To do this[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + F4[/td] [td]Close current active window[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT+C[/td] [td]Open Cortana[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + D[/td] [td]Select the address bar[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + J[/td] [td]Feedback & reporting[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + Spacebar[/td] [td]Open system menu[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + Spacebar + C[/td] [td]Close Microsoft Edge[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + Spacebar + M[/td] [td]Move window with arrow keys[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + Spacebar + N[/td] [td]Minimize window[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + Spacebar + R[/td] [td]Restore window[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + Spacebar + S[/td] [td]Resize window with arrow keys[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + Spacebar + X[/td] [td]Maximize window[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + Left arrow[/td] [td]Go to previous page that was opened in tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + Right arrow[/td] [td]Go to next page that was opened in tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]ALT + X[/td] [td]Open settings[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Left arrow[/td] [td]Scroll left on current webpage[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Right arrow[/td] [td]Scroll right on current webpage[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Up arrow[/td] [td]Scroll up on current webpage[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Down arrow[/td] [td]Scroll down on current webpage[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Backspace[/td] [td]Go to previous page that was opened in tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + +[/td] [td]Zoom in (+ 10%)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + -[/td] [td]Zoom out (- 10%)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + F4[/td] [td]Close current tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + 0[/td] [td]Zoom to 100% (default)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + 1[/td] [td]Switch to tab 1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + 2[/td] [td]Switch to tab 2 if open[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + 3[/td] [td]Switch to tab 3 if open[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + 4[/td] [td]Switch to tab 4 if open[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + 5[/td] [td]Switch to tab 5 if open[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + 6[/td] [td]Switch to tab 6 if open[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + 7[/td] [td]Switch to tab 7 if open[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + 8[/td] [td]Switch to tab 8 if open[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + 9[/td] [td]Switch to last tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL+click[/td] [td]Open link in new tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Ctrl+Shift+click[/td] [td]Open link in a new tab and switch to the tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Alt+Shift+click[/td] [td]Open link in a new window[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Ctrl+Enter[/td] [td]Add www. to the beginning and .com to the end of text typed in the address bar[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + Tab[/td] [td]Switch to the next tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + Shift + Tab[/td] [td]Switch to the previous tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + Shift + B[/td] [td]Toggle Favorites bar on or off[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + Shift + E[/td] [td]Change exception behavior (Debugger tab in F12 Developer Tools)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + Shift + F5[/td] [td]Continue and refresh (Debugger tab in F12 Developer Tools)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + Shift + I[/td] [td]DOM element highlighting (DOM Explorer tab in F12 Developer Tools)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + Shift + K[/td] [td]Open new tab of current tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + Shift + L[/td] [td]Open address bar query in a new tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]CTRL + Shift + P[/td] [td]Open new Games bar[/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Voyager 1, Jun 9, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Updated to Windows 10 - Now I cannot print my bank statement

I'll leave you with these. I couldn't get ALT + X to open up Settings, perhaps you will have better luck.

Ultimate Collection Of Keyboard Shortcuts For Microsoft Edge

Ultimate Collection Of Keyboard Shortcuts For Microsoft Edge

Linney, Jun 9, 2015
  3. Permanent onscreen keys on a tablet?

Hi,

It is unclear from your question what you are trying to do? Which keys/keyboard shortcuts....

MS Edge does not have any keyboard shortcuts. A programmer perhaps could write an extension for Edge to customize user keyboard shortcuts.

The winkey cheat-sheet can be found at

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts

Regards.

IECUSTOMIZER, Jun 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Voyager,

Yeah, it seems that most of the keyboard shortcuts for IE11 are the same in Edge so far.

Currently the Favorites bar can only be turned on or off as needed. I don't see an option to just have it show temporarily until clicking on a link.

Brink, Jun 9, 2015
  5. Voyager 1 Win User
    Thanks for the info on the Favorites bar *Smile

Does the <ctrl> left-mouse-click combination work in Edge the same as in IE?

For example, if I'm at a web page that has a link on the page and I want to open that link on another tab, I use the <ctrl> left-click combination (clicking on the link) and that opens the link in a new tab.

Voyager 1, Jun 10, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, that still works as well. *Smile

Brink, Jun 10, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    You can also simply wheel click, or middle click the link, but in Spartan, it won't switch to the clicked link as in IE.

Edwin, Jun 10, 2015
  8. Voyager 1 Win User

Thanks again for the info. Outstanding

This Win 10 "metro/desktop" picture is looking better for keyboard nerds each time I visit this forum *Smile

Thanks for the info. Good to know. I have the right-hand keyboard keypad set up for mouse controls so I hold down the <ctrl> key and press the 5 key (left click).

Voyager 1, Jun 10, 2015
  9. Voyager 1 Win User
    Shawn,

Does the <alt> HOME key combo launch the Edge Home page? For example, with IE11, if I press <alt> HOME, IE will launch my home browser tab.

Voyager 1, Jun 15, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Voyager,

Nope. ALT+Home doesn't do anything in Project Spartan so far.

Brink, Jun 15, 2015
  11. Voyager 1 Win User
    Thanks for the info, always appreciated.

Voyager 1, Jun 15, 2015
  12. Tony K Win User
    LOL at myself. I found using a lot of the IE keyboard shortcuts worked in Edge, but struggling on some new UI features, e.g. the hidden address box. I thought there should be a keyboard shortcut for that, so I do a Bing search a lo and behold I find our man Brink has one in the Tutorial section. Should've known to look here first!

Great job on this and all tutorials, Shawn! *Thumbs

While you're here you may want to change Spartan to Edge now in ALT + Spacebar + C.

Concerning Ctrl/F (find on page), Esc (escape) key closes it when active. Ctrl/F refocuses it if not active and highlights input to continue with same search, change search input, or to close with Esc key.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Keyboard

2. In explorer Ctrl-D is not working as Microsoft says in the list of keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In explorer Ctrl-D is not working as Microsoft says in the list of keyboard shortcuts: Re: Windows 10 21H2 19044.2846I was in Documents and accidentally hit Ctrl-D. The list of folders jumped up. At that point I realized something was deleted. It did not go to the recycle bin as the Microsoft page on keyboard shortcuts says. I then made a test folder and...
  3. windows edge chromium , I get rectangular popups at the curser listing keyboard shortcuts...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows edge chromium , I get rectangular popups at the curser listing keyboard shortcuts...: The popups occur most often when the curser is at the right edge , scrolling the screen up and down , sometimes at other places . at times they make you curse...
  4. windows edge chromium , I get rectangular popups at the curser listing keyboard shortcuts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows edge chromium , I get rectangular popups at the curser listing keyboard shortcuts...: The popups occur most often when the curser is at the right edge , scrolling the screen up and down , sometimes at other places . at times they make you curse...
  5. Microsoft keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft keyboard shortcuts: I have just downloaded the latest Windows10 update. When it eventually it started with a page of HINTS.All very good but I now want them back but HOW TO I GET THEM BACK?There were a number of Keyboard Shortcuts I would like to try using the Windows Key....
  6. Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge: I thought this may be useful - it shows a list of all shortcuts for Microsoft Edge *Smile If you use a Mac just scroll down the page for more info Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge 159833
  7. Comprehensive List of Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Comprehensive List of Keyboard Shortcuts: I ran across this this afternoon and thought y'all might like it: Complete List of Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts and Run Commands by a friend and fellow Beta Tester, Andre Da Costa. Complete List of Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts and Run Commands 143416
  8. shortcut for gmail in microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shortcut for gmail in microsoft edge: Can I create a shortcut on Microsoft edge for gmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-for-gmail-in-microsoft-edge/9d7affcb-1684-4335-b5d3-6434b87b5254
  9. Edge keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge keyboard shortcut: open a shortcut on the keyboard that allows me to delete everything from the browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-keyboard-shortcut/74c30967-32fc-4dac-91b7-940fc70a7b71
  10. Where is the official Microsoft list of language bar keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the official Microsoft list of language bar keyboard shortcuts: Where do I find the official support.microsoft.com list of keyboard shortcuts for the language bar? I have searched, but the list I need is not populating....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I was on microsoft edge and I pressed ctrl windows key d . Where is my microsoft edge

2. microsoft keyboard cheat printable

3. windows 10 shortcuts cheat sheet pdf

4. windows 10 cheat sheet pdf,
  5. microsoft shortcuts cheat sheet pdf