Windows 10: Device duplicated in my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Device duplicated in my Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I see 3 connected devices in my Microsoft Account. But in reality there are only two. 1 device Win 10 PC appears twice! What's wrong? What do I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GreenSparrow, May 30, 2020.

1. Device duplicated in my Microsoft Account

Hi,

I see 3 connected devices in my Microsoft Account. But in reality there are only two. 1 device Win 10 PC appears twice! What's wrong? What do I do now??

:)

GreenSparrow, May 30, 2020

2. Microsoft Account Device Duplication

For some reason when viewing the list of devices with apps and games in my Microsoft Account some are duplicating, meaning I have to remove duplicates or I reach the device limit.

Are the any fix's for this?

AndrewReynolds_814, May 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Device duplicated in my Microsoft Account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, May 30, 2020
  4. flemmingk Win User

Device duplicated in my Microsoft Account

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Device duplicated in my Microsoft Account

1. Device duplicated in my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Device duplicated Microsoft

2. Duplicate Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Accounts: Hi,I have duplicate Microsoft account one which I created with my cell number when I signed into Windows on a new computer I got this week and another previous account I had associated with my email. Can I merge the accounts?...
  3. Duplicate devices in "Microsoft Family"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate devices in "Microsoft Family": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. But first I updated the old SSD with win 10 to win 11, then I did a reset on the old SSD in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install to the new SSD from an Win 11 ISO. That...
  4. Duplicate devices in "Microsoft Family"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate devices in "Microsoft Family": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. But first I updated the old SSD with win 10 to win 11, then I did a reset on the old SSD in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install to the new SSD from an Win 11 ISO. That...
  5. Duplicate account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate account: Hi All,I’ve just changed my bios to uefi and all running well on my Windows 10 pro except when I boot up at the login I have 2 accounts in my name, see images, I sign in to my account and when I try to find and delete the duplicate there isn’t any other accounts either in...
  6. duplicate accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    duplicate accounts: Microsoft created a requirement that I log in with a password with windows 10 which I did not want. I created a password and used the instructions to tell it to never ask for a password, but it constantly ask for one, both on start up and after it puts itself to sleep. This...
  7. Duplicate account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate account: Hi I have accidentally duplicated my Windows account; I now have set up two accounts on my PC with almost the same user name but the same Outlook address for both. Now on Startup I get both my names showing. The most recent one has no files associated with it and I would like...
  8. Duplicate microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Duplicate microsoft account: Sir, My windows 10 Pro and MS Office 2016 Pro were installed on my Apple imac (with help of Bootcamp). However this computer is damaged beyond repair. For this reason I have deleted this device (Apple imac) from my microsoft account. Now I have purchased a new desktop (HP...
  9. Duplicate Accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Duplicate Accounts: I have two Microsoft accounts. They have different names. One has an old e-mail address. It was the first account set up, but it needs to be the one that is deleted. It is always the one that comes up for anything I do with Microsoft accounts. I cannot remember the...
  10. duplicate Microsoft log in accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    duplicate Microsoft log in accounts: how do I delete my account on new laptop? I already had an Microsoft log in, and I want to use it, they won't let me use my email acct...... Indicates email is already used...