Windows 10: Devices in Microsoft account

Discus and support Devices in Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why do I have 2 devices in my account when I only have PC? One of the devices is "my name" and the other is the "name/type" of my motherboard. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BTAH, May 14, 2019.

1. BTAH Win User

Devices in Microsoft account

Why do I have 2 devices in my account when I only have PC? One of the devices is "my name" and the other is the "name/type" of my motherboard. The "my name" device updated 1 month ago and the "name/type" device updated today. Could it be the "my name" device is my PC before a motherboard swap and clean install of Windows 10 with in the last few days? If I deleted the "my name" device could I then rename the "name/type" device? If so, how do I rename?

:)

2. Brink Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Devices in Microsoft account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, May 14, 2019
  3. flemmingk Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, May 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Too many devices in Microsoft Account

Hello JJ, Devices in Microsoft account :)

Yep, that would be the reason why the PC is listed more than once as a device for your Microsoft account.

Each different computer name will be listed as a separate device.

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove the devices you want.

Microsoft Account - Remove Devices Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Devices in Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Devices Microsoft account

2. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account for linked devices: Hi, I was just wondering about this concern here.Recently, I offered to sell one of my laptops to the company I am affiliated with, for site deployment; a gesture of "helping out". I did the whole sign-out, uninstall, wipe and clean install as per IT. Now it uses a local...
  3. Devices on microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Devices on microsoft account: Hi, just wondering - I've just gone onto my microsoft account and noticed the devices tab, and there is a computer there which seems familiar as in i probably used it at some point, but i am slightly confused as to when i would have done so.so, i'm just asking - whenever you...
  4. Devices on microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices on microsoft account: Hi, just wondering - I've just gone onto my microsoft account and noticed the devices tab, and there is a computer there which seems familiar as in i probably used it at some point, but i am slightly confused as to when i would have done so.so, i'm just asking - whenever you...
  5. Devices on microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. microsoft account devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft account devices: microsoft account devices list a computer location in Mumbai. Does this mean it is hacked . Cannot lock this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-devices/81b5b21c-cfaa-4e3f-a93d-80fdbc46da89
  7. Microsoft Account devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account devices: My Microsoft account shows 4 devices. Does that mean each one is connected with a digital license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-devices/4d904ebe-e588-4b52-aa9c-3ce6ad6c13bf
  8. Devices (Microsoft account)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Devices (Microsoft account): My problem is that when I use my Microsoft account to check the devices linked to my account, there is one specific account that when I try to remove, using the Remove pc option, it will come back. I tried to remove it multiple times and it keeps on coming back. One thing is...
  9. Devices (Microsoft account)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices (Microsoft account): My problem is that when I use my Microsoft account to check the devices linked to my account, there is one specific account that when I try to remove, using the Remove pc option, it will come back. I tried to remove it multiple times and it keeps on coming back. One thing is...
  10. Microsoft Account - Remove Devices

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Microsoft Account - Remove Devices: How to: Microsoft Account - Remove Devices How to Remove Devices from your Microsoft Account A Microsoft account is what you use to sign in to Microsoft services such as outlook.com (or Hotmail), Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, Windows, and more. It makes your...