Windows 10: Disable emoji panel windows 10

Discus and support Disable emoji panel windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to disable Emoji Panel for absolutely good. I press winkey + L to lock pc, but often I accidentally press winkey + ; and the emoji panel will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/goldface17, May 13, 2020.

1. Disable emoji panel windows 10

I want to disable Emoji Panel for absolutely good.

I press winkey + L to lock pc, but often I accidentally press winkey + ; and the emoji panel will appear. How annoying and intrusive!

I worked so hard to slap each locale in regedit with "EnableExpressiveInputShellHotkey"=dword:00000000, after a reboot that emoji panel is still annoyingly alive.

For example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\Settings\proc_1\loc_0039\im_1]

"EnableExpressiveInputShellHotkey"=dword:00000000

You can download my Disable Emoji Panel Win10.reg http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=57550749099427066434

What did I go wrong??? How to absolutely disable emoji panel windows 10???

submitted by /u/goldface17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/goldface17, May 13, 2020
  2. Geosammy Win User

Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open

Hi All,
    I also posted this same question here...
    Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

Anyway,

I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open,
    using either *Start+ ., or *Start + ; key's.

I've done a system file check and no integrity violations were found.

Is there a know service, that needs to be turned on/running for this to work?
    Or maybe there's a setting I've overlooked, or perhaps turned off?

Any suggestion on how to correct this issue, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

As a side note:
    The emoji panel use to open as intended, but now it doesn't.
    It also did not function, prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, May 13, 2020
  3. Geosammy Win User

@Brink

Hi
    I tried your suggested test and nothing happens.
    The emoji panel did not open.*Sad

Note:
    This was also occurring prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, May 13, 2020
  4. Geosammy Win User

Disable emoji panel windows 10

I have not done anything to change the aforementioned settings.
    As you can see form the image posted below.

Disable emoji panel windows 10 [​IMG]

Geosammy, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Disable emoji panel windows 10

1. Disable emoji panel windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable emoji panel

2. Windows 10 Emoji Panel Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Emoji Panel Failure: Not sure when or why, but my Windows 10 Home Edition desktop lost the ability to successfully open the emoji panel with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+. or Ctrl+; - when used, my mouse icon gets the blue spinner and a few frames of the outline of the emoji panel flicker in the...
  3. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  4. Emojis on emoji panel broken

Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  5. I am unable to disable the Windows 10 Emoji Panel.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to disable the Windows 10 Emoji Panel.: Whenever I type anything in any field in any application, the Windows Emoji Panel automatically pops up, and I have to close it. I had to close it three times just typing the previous sentence. I've tried toggling the "auto close panel" setting in Advanced Keyboard Settings,...
  6. I am unable to disable the Windows 10 Emoji Panel.

I am unable to disable the Windows 10 Emoji Panel.: Whenever I type anything in any field in any application, the Windows Emoji Panel automatically pops up, and I have to close it. I had to close it three times just typing the previous sentence. I've tried toggling the "auto close panel" setting in Advanced Keyboard Settings,...
  7. Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis: The emoji panel in Windows 10 That displays when we press the keys Windows + Period in a text editor displays different emojis ever since I installed a lot of fonts at once. Then I tried uninstalling those fonts, until I had just the default Windows fonts, however the emoji...
  8. Help disabling the emoji panel?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help disabling the emoji panel?: For years I have used an Autohotkey script to control iTunes while using other applications. Somehow Microsoft decided to add an emoji panel to Windows and hardcoded the shortcut to Win + period and Win + semicolon. These are two hotkeys I use to skip songs, and change...
  9. Windows 10 emoji panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 emoji panel: I get some interesting emojis from friends and was wondering if there is any way of adding them to the MS emoji panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-emoji-panel/d7724d0a-a6ef-4e64-8209-3c8542a84e28
  10. Can't Find EnableExpressiveInputShellHotkey To Disable Emoji Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Find EnableExpressiveInputShellHotkey To Disable Emoji Panel: I'm a writer and I use the Em-Dash ASCII code ALT+0151 frequently in my writing. The Windows 10 Emoji Panel is getting in the way of my writing process and I would like to turn it off. I've tried to findEnableExpressiveInputShellHotkey in the Windows 10 registry but it didn't...