Windows 10: disable qautomatic download of emails in Oulook

Discus and support disable qautomatic download of emails in Oulook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I disable the automatic download of emails in Outlook for Office 365 ? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wireman, Nov 19, 2019.

1. wireman Win User

disable qautomatic download of emails in Oulook

How do I disable the automatic download of emails in Outlook for Office 365 ?

wireman, Nov 19, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

The Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge allows showing suggested search results when typing in the Microsoft Edge address bar (suggestions list).

If you like, you can configure the Allow Address bar drop-down list suggestions group policy setting that lets you decide whether the Address bar drop-down functionality is available in Microsoft Edge. Microsoft recommends disabling this setting if you want to minimize network connections from Microsoft Edge to Microsoft services.

If you enable or don't configure this setting, users can see the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge.

If you disable this setting, users won't see the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge. This setting also disables the user-defined setting, Show search and site suggestions as I type in Microsoft Edge settings.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Address bar drop-down list suggestions functionality in Microsoft Edge for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions enabled and disabled

disable qautomatic download of emails in Oulook [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge

3. In the right pane of Microsoft Edge in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow Address bar drop-down list suggestions policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you want.

5. To Enable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. You can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

ShowOneBox DWORD

delete = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you want.

2. To Enable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar_drop-down_list_suggestions.reg

3. To Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar_drop-down_list_suggestions.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 19, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. disable qautomatic download of emails in Oulook - Similar Threads - disable qautomatic download

2. Email download photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email download photos.: Email for photos download was sent and when opened the files went to archive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-download-photos/2f958501-2412-4647-8630-faae4616e06b
  3. Can I add my iCloud email to MS Oulook running on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I add my iCloud email to MS Oulook running on Windows 11: Can I add my iCloud email to MS Oulook running on Windows 11?… I can’t seem to download my iCloud either? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-my-icloud-email-to-ms-oulook-running-on/22114062-4914-4055-b2ea-d4f0e717cb4a
  4. Can I add my iCloud email to MS Oulook running on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I add my iCloud email to MS Oulook running on Windows 11: Can I add my iCloud email to MS Oulook running on Windows 11?… I can’t seem to download my iCloud either? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-my-icloud-email-to-ms-oulook-running-on/22114062-4914-4055-b2ea-d4f0e717cb4a
  5. downloading email attachments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloading email attachments: Unable to download email attachments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-email-attachments/e16996f6-f097-488d-8352-aabb7638876b
  6. Oulook issues caused by Windows update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Oulook issues caused by Windows update: Hello all; I have several customers having issues with Outlook 2019 Pro 32 bit that started after the latest Windows updates. I have one having issues with send/receive timing out on all accounts in Outlook(they have several in the same account but it also fails when you...
  7. can't download emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't download emails: can't download emails . . . instead I ge this message .. they do occasionally download but randomly . . a second laptop on same network etc etc downloads normally https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-emails/d8932f51-3c55-4b36-86a7-e936d0b0bd16
  8. oulook - whatis SSL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oulook - whatis SSL?: oulook - what is SSL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oulook-whatis-ssl/0f2e60ff-e2d5-4f65-b9dd-a961edd074ba
  9. Oulook Not Functioning Properly - No

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Oulook Not Functioning Properly - No: Outlook suddenly started misbehaving and would not start at all. First error message:... [img] Nothing I could do to get rid of it, so eventually uninstalled Office 365 and reinstalledfrom scratch. ((NOT actually from scratch, since when the new installation was...
  10. email download.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email download.: Acc/ Btinternet (bert.theobald)(1) server.mail.btinternet.com emails not downloading.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-download/ac1a731f-79e3-48f6-a604-62f8662c9e6f