Windows 10: Disable StorSvc?

Discus and support Disable StorSvc? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it safe to disable StorSvc, I read around that its tied to Storage Sense, but I dont use that, I can safely stop the service via task manager, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PolisP, Oct 17, 2019.

1. PolisP Win User

Disable StorSvc?

Is it safe to disable StorSvc, I read around that its tied to Storage Sense, but I dont use that, I can safely stop the service via task manager, so would it be safe to disable?

:)

PolisP, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

The Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge allows showing suggested search results when typing in the Microsoft Edge address bar (suggestions list).

If you like, you can configure the Allow Address bar drop-down list suggestions group policy setting that lets you decide whether the Address bar drop-down functionality is available in Microsoft Edge. Microsoft recommends disabling this setting if you want to minimize network connections from Microsoft Edge to Microsoft services.

If you enable or don't configure this setting, users can see the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge.

If you disable this setting, users won't see the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge. This setting also disables the user-defined setting, Show search and site suggestions as I type in Microsoft Edge settings.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Address bar drop-down list suggestions functionality in Microsoft Edge for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions enabled and disabled

Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]

Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]

Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]

Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]

Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge

Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]

3. In the right pane of Microsoft Edge in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow Address bar drop-down list suggestions policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you want.

5. To Enable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]

7. You can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]
    OPTION TWO
    Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

ShowOneBox DWORD

delete = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you want.

2. To Enable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar_drop-down_list_suggestions.reg

Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]

3. To Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar_drop-down_list_suggestions.reg

Disable StorSvc? [​IMG]

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Disable StorSvc?

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Disable StorSvc?

1. Disable StorSvc? - Similar Threads - Disable StorSvc

2. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  3. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  4. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  5. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  6. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.: Hi, i remember diabling this setting a long time ago and can't remember how. today this annoying thing popped up again. I have tried a multitude of methods that have been previously posted, but appear to lack the options required to complete the instructions. please help me...
  8. Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.

Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.: Hi, i remember diabling this setting a long time ago and can't remember how. today this annoying thing popped up again. I have tried a multitude of methods that have been previously posted, but appear to lack the options required to complete the instructions. please help me...
  9. How do I disable the caps lock on/off notification on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the caps lock on/off notification on windows 11?: I havent touched any settings where it may change whether or not it appears, but now it is appearing and its really annoying. My laptop has a light indicator to tell me if my caps lock is on or off. But man THIS IS SO ANNOYING. If anyone has the solution, please tell me. I am...
  10. How do I disable the caps lock on/off notification on windows 11?

How do I disable the caps lock on/off notification on windows 11?: I havent touched any settings where it may change whether or not it appears, but now it is appearing and its really annoying. My laptop has a light indicator to tell me if my caps lock is on or off. But man THIS IS SO ANNOYING. If anyone has the solution, please tell me. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. StorSvc

2. StorSvc disable

3. storsvc disable or enable