Windows 10: Don't see right click menu in open/save dialogs while in contrast theme?

Discus and support Don't see right click menu in open/save dialogs while in contrast theme? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In many programs I see a weird vertical bar with small triangles instead of right click menu. It works fine in default theme but with every contrast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kirk28, Nov 17, 2018.

1. kirk28 Win User

Don't see right click menu in open/save dialogs while in contrast theme?

In many programs I see a weird vertical bar with small triangles instead of right click menu. It works fine in default theme but with every contrast one it 's broken. I cant switch sortings or get rid of annoying file grouping.

It works just fine in default theme but it hurts my eyes both aesthetically and by white backgrounds. So I use contrast ones.

Do somebody know any trick to fix it?

Don't see right click menu in open/save dialogs  while in contrast theme? 5cb8e1cc-b1f2-448b-a553-b943a173f8e6?upload=true.jpg

:)

kirk28, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

High Contrast Themes Issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Which Is the latest build installed in your computer?

To check the latest build installed in your computer
    Press Windows key + R and type winver.

Follow the Methods below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press “Windows + U” to open
    ease of access center.

2. Select Set up High contrast and customize as you required.

Method 2: Please follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
    • Select Themes and click on Themes settings.
    • Select any Windows default theme and check with the issue.
    Do let us know if your computer display is back to normal. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    High Contrast Themes Issue

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: To Adjust Brightness

• Take your mouse pointer to the right flank of the taskbar and hit the Notification icon.

• Press Expand if the lower part of the Action center is shrunken.
    • The light icon under which percentage of the brightness at present is written avails you the platform from where you can control the brightness.
    • Clicking the Brightness icon either increase or decrease the brilliance of your system screen by 25%. Hence, you are pretty efficient to adjust the brightness on Windows 10 machine from this location.
    Step 2: To Adjust Brightness through Settings.

• Take your mouse pointer to the
      Settings icon located at the lower part of the start menu.

• Hit System.

• Toggle the Brightness level slider to
      Adjust Brightness on Windows 10 Desktop.
    2. To Adjust Brightness and Contrast both from the same Platform

1. Click Cortana search at the
    taskbar using the mouse.

2. Write the text
    Calibrate display color
    in the Cortana search box and click the same on the Start Menu.

3. On Display Color Calibration window, click
    Next button at the bottom to proceed further.

4. A new window called
    Set basic color settings appears on the screen. Again Click Next button.

5. Similarly, you get another windowHow to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.

6. Adjust gamma window prompts. Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your
    desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness decreases. This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
    Next button.

7. Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
    Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.

Otherwise, you only click Next button to open the window
    How to adjust brightness.

8. In the How to adjust brightness window, you can see three examples of brightness pictures each labelled with
    too dark, good brightness, and too bright. Click
    Next button.

9. Use the controls of your display to increase or reduce the brightness until you clearly see the given picture. (There are many ways to set the brightness. You can do it with your
    keyboard keys, from the action center or from the
    Settings app also).

10. After adjusting the brightness, click
    Next button.

11. Now, you will be explained
    How to adjust the contrast. Here also you will be shown three instances of
    Not enough contrast, good contrast and too much contrast. Click
    Next.

12. The following screen will tell you to use the contrast controls of your display to adjust the contrast. Well, presently there are no toggles to adjust contrast and also most of the laptops do not provide
    a key to adjust contrast. But if needed, you can set a high contrast theme. Read the below sub-points to set high contrast theme or go to point number 13.

• With the
      Ease of Access
      under Control Panel, you can choose a high contrast theme.

• So, when you are into the
      Ease of Access window, click Make the computer easier to see.

• This takes you to another window where you can see
      High Contrast section. Now to set a high contrast theme, jointly pressleft Alt, left Shift and
      PrtSc keys.

• A separate dialog box of
      High Contrast will emerge asking for your confirmation. Click
      Yes and you can see everything changed into high contrast.

• A separate dialog box of
      High Contrast will emerge asking for your confirmation. Click
      Yes and you can see everything changed into high contrast.

• To get back to the previous settings of contrast theme, again press
      left Alt, left Shift and PrtScn keys.
    13. Click Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.

14. In the window
    How to adjust color balance
    , hit the Next button to go further window.

15. Here, you will notice another window
    Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
    red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
    Next button.

16. Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

Do let us know if you still face issue with screen brightness. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Is there any way to change the system theme between light and dark in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for choosing windows 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

To Choose a Theme in Personalization

• Right click or press and hold on your desktop, click/tap on Personalize
    • Click/tap on Themes on the left side, click/tap on the Go to theme settings link under "Themes" on the right side, and close Settings,
    • Click/tap on a theme you want to choose.
    To Choose a High Contrast Theme in Settings app

• Open
      Settings
      , and do
      step 2
      or
      step 3
      below for how you would like to open High contrast settings.
    • Click/tap on the Personalization icon, click/tap on Colors on the left side, click/tap on go to high contrast color settings link at the bottom of the right side.
    • Click/tap on the Ease of Access icon
    • Click/tap on High contrast on the left side, and choose a high contrast theme you want in the drop down menu on the right side.
    • Make any
      color
      changes you would like, and click/tap on Apply
    • When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Don't see right click menu in open/save dialogs while in contrast theme? - Similar Threads - Don't right click

2. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu keep opening on there own: Recently My Microsft Edge started opening right click menus without right clicking It is very annoying You can be typing and when the menu pop you no longer can type/. Almost to the point of getting rid of Edge...
  3. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu keep opening on there own: Recently My Microsft Edge started opening right click menus without right clicking It is very annoying You can be typing and when the menu pop you no longer can type/. Almost to the point of getting rid of Edge...
  4. Open Dialog, trying to save some clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Dialog, trying to save some clicks: Hi, on Mac, when I open a dialog it will default to the last used location. On windows, it's going to the same one every time, and i don't know where it's getting that information from. I'm replacing stock clips in premiere, every time i open a dialog to replace, it's...
  5. Always Dialog opens on left side from Right Click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Always Dialog opens on left side from Right Click menu: Hello Guys, I am Pranav Dave and I am teacher teaching Physics. Curious and interested in technology. I am posting my Query here. When I right click on desktop (even at other places to) the select any option from it and what I always see that dialog open always on left...
  6. show menu bar in save/open dialog?

in Windows 10 Support
    show menu bar in save/open dialog?: im using win 10 1903. i disabled "Ribbon" and "Command bar" in windows explorer and just kept "Menu bar".but the menu bar didnt apear in save/open dialogs.is there a way to enable "Menu bar" in save/open dialogs? my windows explorer(with menu bar): [img] my open/save...
  7. Right click does not open menu properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click does not open menu properly: I have a window server 2016. when I right click on an icon or on the desk top, the menu sometimes opens with only a couple of items, sometimes it is only a vertical line, sometimes it is a blank box. any suggestion? thank you...
  8. Pressing enter opens right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pressing enter opens right click menu: For some reason, it just happened randomly, every time I press the enter key on any software I'm on, it opens up a menu that should only open when I right click. This happens on word, google chrome, discord. I'm very confused as to how to fix this...
  9. Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing: I tried to do a search but it didn't come up with much. Have you guys seen an issue where the Save/SaveAs/Open dialogs don't open and instead the app crashes? I've seen it in Notepad, Paint and Word. If I kill all explorer.exe processes, and then launch for example Notepad...
  10. Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme: [img] How can I get rid of this horible white border? Thanks! - Shawn 27502