Windows 10: Edge won't work after Creator

Discus and support Edge won't work after Creator in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone, my very first post anywhere and I am desperate! Upgraded to Creator 3 weeks ago and Edge won't open since - click on it, opens, hangs then... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Juliekaren, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Edge won't work after Creator

Hi everyone, my very first post anywhere and I am desperate! Upgraded to Creator 3 weeks ago and Edge won't open since - click on it, opens, hangs then back to desktop. Have tried various options to repair but no joy. Now I also get funny message on start up - will try and post screen shot. Can use Opera to browse. Mmm can't see how to attach photo!

:)

Juliekaren, Aug 20, 2017

2. microsoft start menu and edge not working

after upgrading tofall creators update edge and start menu have stopped working

MarkRobinsonZV, Aug 20, 2017
  3. Ovr40Gamr Win User
    screen will not zoom with fingers after latest windows 10 update

Can only zoom by using the pad on surface book after doing fall creators update. Fingers on screen won't work. Won't work even when keyboard is detached on tablet mode.

Ovr40Gamr, Aug 20, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Edge won't work after Creator

5. Hi Bree, yes I have done this twice as I wasn't logged in as administrator the first time.

Juliekaren, Aug 20, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    You could try the following...Settings....Apps.....Default Apps....Click on Microsoft Edge then Reset.

dencal, Aug 20, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    The standard steps to take would be sfc /scannow followed by Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. You may have tried that already, but note that...

8. Edge won't work after Creator

Thanks Dencal, tried that but no go

Juliekaren, Aug 21, 2017
  9. Thanks Bree, have done that once but will give it another go. Am reluctant to do anything that means reinstalling all the apps. I did go in to make sure the restore was checked which it was but something below was off so I have put it on - not sure that was OK. Have taken a screen shot but as I mentioned previously, don't know how to upload it on this site.

Juliekaren, Aug 21, 2017
  10. dencal Win User
    Sorry it did not work....Looks as though you should now attempt Bree suggestions Julie...good luck and welcome to TenForums.

dencal, Aug 21, 2017
  11. cbwilsha Win User
    "Edge won't work after Creator"

Good riddance! Sorry, Julie, couldn't resist.*Eek

I see no one answered your posting question.You can post a screenshot by clicking on the Image Icon above the REPLY box--the square one next to the video one which looks like photo film.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Aug 21, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    An in-place repair install keeps all your installed apps, settings and documents.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

13. jhiker Win User

Go to control panel - then 'uninstall a program'. If you see 'Trusteer' listed, uninstall it.
    When you run the uninstall, you may get an option to 'Stop' it - that's OK. That worked for me.

jhiker, Aug 27, 2017
  14. WillH Win User
    I had a similar problem, but it was traced to a program Rapport Trusteer. It appears that Creators update and Trusteer had a conflict.
    The following fix from Trusteer resolved the problem:

The issue you have reported is currently being investigated by our company experts and we expect it to be resolved in a future release of Rapport.

Please use other browsers in the meantime. Kindly note that once the issue will be resolved you will be notified via E-mail.

Should you wish to use Microsoft Edge still, please try to disable Rapport's Early Browser Protection.

To disable Rapport's Early Browser Protection:
    1. Open Rapport's Console by choosing - Start Menu > Programs > Trusteer Endpoint Protection > Trusteer Endpoint Protection Console
    2. Advance to the next page by clicking on the green arrow at the bottom-right.
    3. Under 'Security Policy' at the top left corner, click on 'Edit Policy'.
    4. Enter the letters as they are shown in the image and click OK.
    5. Locate 'Early Browser Protection' and select 'Never' in the drop-down menu.
    6. Click 'Save' and reboot your computer.
    7. Check if the issue is resolved.

Please be advised that disabling Rapport's Early Browser Protection will limit some of Rapport's protections.

WillH, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge won't work after Creator - Similar Threads - Edge won't Creator

2. Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.: Lately, my Microsoft Edge corrupted, and I've tried forcefully uninstalling it to reinstall it fully, I also uninstalled Webview Runtime2. However, now whenever I open the setup for it, it is showed for a very split second before it disappears, doing absolutely nothing.I have...
  3. Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.: Lately, my Microsoft Edge corrupted, and I've tried forcefully uninstalling it to reinstall it fully, I also uninstalled Webview Runtime2. However, now whenever I open the setup for it, it is showed for a very split second before it disappears, doing absolutely nothing.I have...
  4. Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Edge won't work over VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't work over VPN: When on VPN and access EDGE, I get message "Can't connect securely to this page". Chrome & IE seem to work fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-wont-work-over-vpn/18ed6fe8-e5da-465a-9c1f-97a5fbc09386
  6. Creators Update Broke Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Creators Update Broke Edge: All other browser work fine... but after the Creators Update Edge is behaving badly with intermittent problems. Main error is 'Hmmm... cannot reach this page' with 'The DNS server might be having problems. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND' when Details is clicked....
  7. Edge non-responsive after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge non-responsive after Creators Update: Edge is unresponsive after the Creators Update (opens to blank page, Home button won't work and can't even type anything in address bar). Most hamburger menu items on right work except New Window and Zoom and extensions lost. All previous settings like Home page, Save...
  8. AutoComplete not working in Edge Since Fall Creators Update?

in Browsers and Email
    AutoComplete not working in Edge Since Fall Creators Update?: Hello, I remember before the Fall Creators Update, Edge would autofill certain pages addresses that I visited before when I start typing a word of the subject that the page is discussing (thus not necessarily the address itself). This does not seem to work anymore...
  9. More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update: Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, and thanks in advance for your help. computers are dell inspiron laptops, i7 processors, less than a year old, updated to fc. First a suggestion: is there a single thread for problems with major Windows updates, like the fall...
  10. Edge not working after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not working after Creators Update: Microsoft Edge launches to a blank screen, hangs for a few moments then shuts off. This has happened since the Creators so called Update. It worked perfectly until then. Can anything be done or should I use Opera instead? 94926