Windows 10: Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by dencal, Apr 25, 2017.

1. dencal Win User

Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10

How to: Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10

Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Advanced Startup Settings lets you start Windows 10 in different advanced troubleshooting modes to help you find and fix problems on your PC.

Normally, you could boot to Advanced Startup Options to select to restart to Startup Settings.

If you like, you could set Windows to always boot to Start Settings first to either press a number to choose a boot option, or press Enter to continue booting to Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable to always boot to advanced Startup Settings on your Windows 10 PC.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable to always boot to Start Settings.

Note Startup Settings:

[table][tr][td]Startup Settings[/td] [td]Description[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Enable debugging[/td] [td]Starts Windows in an advanced troubleshooting mode intended for IT pros and system admins.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Enable boot logging[/td] [td]Creates a file, ntbtlog.txt, that lists all the drivers that are installed during startup and that might be useful for advanced troubleshooting.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Enable low-resolution video[/td] [td]Starts Windows using your current video driver and using low resolution and refresh rate settings. You can use this mode to reset your display settings.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Enable Safe Mode[/td] [td]Starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Enable Safe Mode with Networking[/td] [td]Starts Windows in safe mode and includes the network drivers and services needed to access the Internet or other computers on your network.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt[/td] [td]Starts Windows in safe mode with a Command Prompt window instead of the usual Windows interface. This option is intended for IT pros and system admins.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Disable driver signature enforcement[/td] [td]Allows drivers containing improper (aka: unsigned) signatures to be installed.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Disable early launch anti-malware protection[/td] [td]Prevents the early launch antimalware driver from starting, allowing drivers that might contain malware to be installed.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Disable automatic restart after failure[/td] [td]Prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail. Choose this option only if Windows is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, tries to restart, and fails again repeatedly.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Warning If you let Startup Settings sit idle for 1 minute at boot, your PC will be automatically turned off.

EXAMPLE: Startup Settings in Windows 10

Here's How:

1. Open an command prompt at boot.

2. Do step 3 (enable) or step 4 (disable) below for what you want.

3. To Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings
    A) Type the command below in the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow bcdedit /set {globalsettings} advancedoptions true

4. To Disable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Type the command below in the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow bcdedit /set {globalsettings} advancedoptions false

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

dencal, Apr 25, 2017

2. how do i start in safe mode

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery. Under Advanced startup, click Restart now

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode

Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

or

Log out and go to the sign in screen.

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

If the computer is not booting:

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

Andre Da Costa, Apr 25, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Safe Mode?

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery

Under Advanced startup, click Restart now

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

or

Press Windows key + R

Type: msconfig

Hit Enter

Got to the Boot tab

Check off 'Safe Boot'

Click Apply then OK

Restart when prompted

Andre Da Costa, Apr 25, 2017
Thema:

Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10

1. Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Always Boot

2. Windows 10 keeps booting to advanced startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 keeps booting to advanced startup: I paused updates on my windows 10 21h2 ltsc pc then I resumed then. Once my pc restarted it got s BSOD but then it got the advanced startup. Whenever I turn it back on it will bring me to the advanced startup...
  3. Windows 10 keeps booting to advanced startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps booting to advanced startup: I paused updates on my windows 10 21h2 ltsc pc then I resumed then. Once my pc restarted it got s BSOD but then it got the advanced startup. Whenever I turn it back on it will bring me to the advanced startup...
  4. Windows 10 keeps booting to advanced startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows not booting into advanced startup options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not booting into advanced startup options: when I try to boot my system, windows is stuck in an infinite boot loop. After 3 startup errors windows should boot into advanced startup options, but it does not. -Spamming f11 doesn’t work -Resetting motherboard battery doesn’t work -After windows does its “Preparing...
  6. Advanced Startup Settings Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Startup Settings Menu: I am unable to see the option boot from a device or usb in the advanced startup settings from reset this pc in settings. It only shows:- 1. exit and continue to windows 10 2. trouble shoot 3. turn off your pc I am not able to see "start with a device" in it Even in the...
  7. Advanced boot settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced boot settings: Hey, I was in msconfig in boot settings I went to advanced settings then I changed the number of processor to 1 then I click apply and restarted my pc, when it started I logged on went to boot settings advanced settings and when I clicked on the number of proccessors drop...
  8. Windows 10 Startup & Boot problems – Advanced Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Startup & Boot problems – Advanced Troubleshooting: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Are you an IT admin and need to troubleshoot Windows boot problems? If the answer is yes, then in this guide, we will share advanced troubleshooting for Windows 10 startup and boot problems. Before you begin, we recommend you check out [...] This post...
  9. Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10: How to: Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 How to Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 Advanced startup enables you to perform these actions: Start recovery (aka: Windows RE or WinRE), troubleshooting, and diagnostic tools. Boot from a disk (ex:...
  10. windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings: i wonder why theres only shut down option as you see on photo and later i tried bootable usb, i could get some option by this way but it couldnt repair, i cant get startup settings and i feel only 1 person in the world that have that problem and nobody can solve!!! 92985

Users found this page by searching for:

1. always boot advanced startup windows 10