Windows 10: Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox

Discus and support Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox Quantum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox

How to: Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox

How to Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox Quantum

Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon.

One of the new features of Firefox 57 is the ability to always open bookmarks in a new tab. Normally, you would have to perform one of the actions below to open a bookmark in a new tab:
    1. Press and hold the Ctrl key, and click/tap on the bookmark.
    2. Right click on the bookmark, and click/tap on Open in a New tab or press W.
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to always open bookmarks in a new tab in Firefox Quantum for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Firefox.

2. Type about:config into the address bar, press Enter, and click/tap on the I accept the risk button. (see screenshot below)

3. Type browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs into the search box, and press Enter. (see screenshots below step 4)

4. Double click/tap on the browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs setting to change its value to true (enabled) or false (disable - default) for what you want. (see screenshots below)

5. You can now close this about:config tab if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 7, 2016
  2. paroh Win User

How to disable firefox auto complete bookmark

Can some one please tell how to disable the auto complete bookmark in firefox. As i only wants to disable auto complete bookmark and wants to remain enable auto complete browser history

paroh, Oct 26, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    FireFox Bookmarks

» Your bookmarks are still there, I promise! The Grand Schemes of Kensie Connor

peach1971, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Castiel Win User

Tabs open on Starup-Firefox?

I was wondering is there a way where when I start up Firefox multiple tabs open with web pages loading? Like when I open up Firefox 4 tabs start up and they are different websites loading?

Thanks*Toast :toast:

Castiel, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Problem Importing Bookmarks from Firefox into Win 10 Edge browser.

IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN DO? IMPORTING BM's TO FAV's ONE AT A TIME?

PLEASE TELL SENIOR MANAGEMENT THAT EDGE SUCKS!

oldguardvet, Oct 26, 2019
  6. nsmth Win User
    importing firefox bookmarks to edge

The only browser that shows up in Edge to import bookmarks from is Internet Explorer. I also have Firefox and Chrome installed but neither shows on the import list. Anxious to try Edge but will continue using Firefox until I can import bookmarks.

nsmth, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Always

2. Firefox for Android Bookmark?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox for Android Bookmark?: Does anyone know how to save bookmarks in Firefox on a Android phone? I tried following the guides I found using Google and they all say to click on the star. When I click on bookmarks I don't have a star to click on. 166779
  3. "new folders" in firefox bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "new folders" in firefox bookmarks: When setting up "new folders" in firefox bookmarks to add to, I ended up with several files named "new folder". The computer jumped ahead of my typing. How do I delete these empty "new folder"s? I can't find that or how could I change their name and use them?...
  4. FireFox bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox bookmarks: After years of using FF, backing up and restoring older ones I "acquired" a mile long list and between them many duplicates, some in folders which are also exact duplicates. From time to time I have to clean them manually one by one. Is there some way to do it automatically ?...
  5. Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox How to Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox Mozilla uses Snippets to display tips, suggestions, updates, and messages about Firefox. Some people have reported advertising displaying at the...
  6. Firefox - Open in new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Open in new tab: Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new tab, like Chrome for example. But, you can drag/drop the dropdown choice to the New Tab "+" on the open tabs bar, and it will...
  7. Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox Starting with Firefox 63.0, the Ctrl+Tab shortcut now displays thumbnail previews of your tabs and cycles through tabs in...
  8. Firefox Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmarks: Hi. The new Firefox Quantum has done something unwelcome with my bookmarking procedure - when I click 'Bookmark This Page' the entry goes to 'Other Bookmarks' whereas I prefer them in the Bookmarks Menu (i.e. not in a folder). Is there a setting I can change to make Bookmarks...
  9. Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox in Windows By default in Firefox, you can close a tab by clicking on the X button on the tab, pressing the Ctrl+F4 keys, or pressing the Ctrl+W...
  10. Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox in Windows Firefox usually does a good job most of the time when it comes to tab switching performance, some sites have noticeable delays between activing the tab and...