Windows 10: Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox

Discus and support Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox How to Set a Custom URL for New Tabs in Mozilla Firefox [img] Information When using Mozilla... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox

How to: Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox

How to Set a Custom URL for New Tabs in Mozilla Firefox

Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox [​IMG]
    Information When using Mozilla Firefox web browser following installation, the new tab default setting opens with Firefox's recently visited webpages displayed in the form of a grid. The new tab setting can be changed to land on your home page or a website of your choice every time you open a new tab.

Note Once a new tab URL is set, every new tab will open at that specific web page. You can only set one custom URL, you cannot set multiple URLs or a different URL for different tabs.

INTRODUCTION [/i] List of Contents
    Option One: Set Custom URL for New Tabs
    Option Two: Reset New Tab to Recently Visited Websites (Default)

OPTION ONE [/i] Set Custom URL for New Tabs
    1: With Firefox open, click/tap on a new tab then in the address box type in or copy and paste about:config. Click/tap on the Go arrow at the end of the address bar .

2: Click/tap on I'll be careful, I promise! to proceed.

3: In the search bar type in newtab then click/tap on browser.newtab.url

4: The Enter string value command box will open

Type in your desired URL for the page you wish new tabs to open to. Click/tap OK

5: Your custom URL for the webpage you wish new tabs to open to will now be set. You can now close the about:config tab.

OPTION TWO [/i] Reset New Tab to Recently Visited Websites (Default)
    1: Follow Option One to Step 3:

2: At Step 4 type in or copy and paste about:newtab into the Enter string value command box and click/tap on OK. The default new tab setting will be restored and you can now close the about:config tab.

That's it,
    Gav.

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 26, 2016

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Firefox tabs stackable?

Ok worked, made 5 rows but had to increase the tab width to 200 to prevent Firefox to still hide some tabs before putting them in a new row.

Thx Kreij!

Laurijan, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox

Cannot open new Tab in Firefox after Windows7 updates were installed

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following query:

• Does the issue occurs in Internet Explorer?

• What is the KB number of the latest Windows Update?
    I suggest you to, check the status of Windows update in Windows update history and check any update had failed to install.

To find the KB number of the Windows update please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I key.

• From the window select Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Update.

• Click on Advanced Options.

• Click View your update history.

If the issue occurs only in Mozilla Firefox then, I suggest you to contact the Firefox support for better help.

If the issue occurs in Internet Explorer also then I suggest you to
    Reset Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Laurijan Win User
    Firefox tabs stackable?

Hi!

I have this problem little "problem" with Firefox:

I have 9 tabs opened ready every time I start Firefox and it looks like this:

Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox nimetön.jpg

Once I start surfing reading emails and opening links the number of tabs increases fast so that in no time the tabs that doesnt fit my screen are hidden.

I would love to have an Firefox extension that enables me to stack the tab in several rows so that all tabs can be displayed but could not find one that works this way.

Laurijan, Oct 26, 2019
  6. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox

1. Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox - Similar Threads - Set Custom URL

2. Update SignatureFallBackOrder to custom url

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update SignatureFallBackOrder to custom url: Hello,I have working on a solution where I need to control the defender updates by disabling the auto updates and triggering the updates via a custom logic. I see there are 3 options in Set-MpPreference's signaturefallbackorder i.e Update server, wsus, mmc and one additional...
  3. Update SignatureFallBackOrder to custom url

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update SignatureFallBackOrder to custom url: Hello,I have working on a solution where I need to control the defender updates by disabling the auto updates and triggering the updates via a custom logic. I see there are 3 options in Set-MpPreference's signaturefallbackorder i.e Update server, wsus, mmc and one additional...
  4. Update SignatureFallBackOrder to custom url

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't customize tab in new chromium edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't customize tab in new chromium edge?: I unfortunately updated my edge browser to the new chromium version. Didn't even know they were pushing a new edge browser until after the updates. It seems like this release is super buggy. I am unable to customize the tab at all. When looking around, I see that apparently...
  6. Custom Service Unable to Register URL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Service Unable to Register URL: Greeting! I have a custom service that was made with other people and recently, I have been encountering a strange issue with it. Up until about two days ago, I could start and stop the service and it would register its URL just fine. Recently, it began being unable to...
  7. Firefox - Open in new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Open in new tab: Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new tab, like Chrome for example. But, you can drag/drop the dropdown choice to the New Tab "+" on the open tabs bar, and it will...
  8. Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage: For the past few days I have been constantly plagued by a problem with my Firefox Browser [ver 56.0 (64 bit)]. When I try to open Firefox, the follow page also opens up in addition to, and over the top of my usual "Homepage". I then need to click on the "Close" box to get...
  9. Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file: I'm running windows 10 pro build 14986. For example, I go to bing.com. I drag and drop the shortcut from Firefox to the desktop. I double click on the shortcut and it opens File:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/OB0L0QRF/HGCFGEDM. I can watch...
  10. Change New Tab page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Tab page in Firefox: How to: Change New Tab page in Firefox How to Change New Tab page in Firefox in Windows When you open a Firefox Home screen by default. The Top Sites (sites you visit most), popular articles Recommended by Pocket, Highlights (sites you've visited recently or...