Windows 10: Change New Tab page in Firefox

Discus and support Change New Tab page in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change New Tab page in Firefox How to Change New Tab page in Firefox in Windows When you open a Firefox Home screen by default. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by AFTommy, Apr 23, 2016.

1. AFTommy Win User

Change New Tab page in Firefox

How to: Change New Tab page in Firefox

How to Change New Tab page in Firefox in Windows

When you open a Firefox Home screen by default.

The Top Sites (sites you visit most), popular articles Recommended by Pocket, Highlights (sites you've visited recently or bookmarked), and Snippets (updates from Mozilla) every time you open a new tab.

You can select to see the Firefox Home screen (default) or a blank page by default when you open a new tab in Firefox.

This tutorial will show you how to change what you see by default when you open a new tab in Firefox for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: "Firefox Home (default)" or "blank page" on New Tab page

Change New Tab page in Firefox [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Firefox.
    2. Click/tap on the Menu button
    , and click/tap on Options. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you could copy and paste aboutChange New Tab page in Firefox :preferences#home into the address bar of Firefox and press Enter instead.

3. Click/tap on Home in the left side, and do step 4 (default) or step 5 (blank) for what you would like to see when you open new tabs.

4. To Use "Firefox Home (Default)" as your New Tab page
    A) Select step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

5. To Use "Blank Page" as your New Tab page
    A) Select Blank Page in the drop menu for New tabs, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close the Options tab if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

AFTommy, Apr 23, 2016
  2. labeeman Win User

Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page

More

labeeman, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+

One can add as many rows of Sites in The New Tab Start Page by entering the Following in About:Config

Code:
    Default is two

Do not concern yourself with the void warranty warning

I entered 3 so I have 3 rows of Sites

Source and Thanks to:

Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox | Windows 10 Tutorials

This will work in all the latest Quantum Firefox Releases.

Josey Wales, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Castiel Win User

Tabs open on Starup-Firefox?

I was wondering is there a way where when I start up Firefox multiple tabs open with web pages loading? Like when I open up Firefox 4 tabs start up and they are different websites loading?

Thanks*Toast :toast:

Castiel, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Tommygunn Win User
    Firefox opens unwanted tabs from previous (closed) web pages.

I'm having a problem with Firefox at the moment, and from memory it seems to have happened since I upgraded to v4.
    It goes something like this.
    I turn the computer on and open up a webpage or two on individual windows i.e. my Yahoo and Hotmail account, BBC News.. whatever. Later, I may have closed these pages down but then I'll go to open up another window and Firefox will open an additional tab on this page, usually of the last, as far as memory serves, of the previous webpage I shut down.

For instance, today, I opened Hotmail. I then signed out and closed the window. I then clicked on, for the sake of argument my IMDB.com icon in Rocketdock, which opened fine but also I got the additional Hotmail/MSN tab alongside it. I didn't get rid of the tab but closed the whole page opening up a new webpage immediately afterwards and the result was that I got two Hotmail/MSN tabs this time.

What's going on here?

Any ideas?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Novato Win User
    Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge  

Thank you Brink,

Appreciate your welcome and your prompt response - I have appreciated your advice on this forum in the past, especially with the registry fix for choosing where to save downloaded files from Edge!

I have checked my Edge settings, and they are as follows:
    • Open Microsoft Edge with new tab page
    • Open new tabs with a blank page

So I can't see any reference to MSN here... it even diverts via this URL if you click on a saved favourite site!

Glad of any further advice or suggestions please.

Novato, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change New Tab page in Firefox - Similar Threads - Change Tab page

2. Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has reengineered its Microsoft Edge browser and has moved it from EdgeHTML to the Chromium engine. This means that Google Chrome and the new Microsoft Edge will be powered by the same web engine. However, Microsoft has added some [...] This post...
  3. Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+

in Browsers and Email
    Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+: One can add as many rows of Sites in The New Tab Start Page by entering the Following in About:Config Code: browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.topSitesRows[/quote] Default is two [img] Do not concern yourself with the void warranty warning I entered 3 so I have 3 rows...
  4. Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox How to Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox Mozilla uses Snippets to display tips, suggestions, updates, and messages about Firefox. Some people have reported advertising displaying at the...
  5. Firefox private bowsing - tabs and start page

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox private bowsing - tabs and start page: I have a couple questions about Firefox private browsing. I use a shortcut to open Firefox directly in private browsing mode: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -private Every time I open in private mode, it defaults to the purple default private browsing...
  6. Firefox - Open in new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Open in new tab: Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new tab, like Chrome for example. But, you can drag/drop the dropdown choice to the New Tab "+" on the open tabs bar, and it will...
  7. Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox: How to: Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox How to Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. By default, Firefox displays...
  8. Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10: How to: Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10 How to Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had...
  9. Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox: How to: Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox How to Set a Custom URL for New Tabs in Mozilla Firefox [img] Information When using Mozilla Firefox web browser following installation, the new tab default setting opens with Firefox's recently visited webpages displayed...
  10. Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page

in Windows 10 Support
    Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page: Mozilla has scrapped a plan to put ads on the windows that show when Firefox users launch a new browser tab. Mozilla announced the Firefox new-tab page advertisements idea in February but on Friday night announced an end to the "experiment." More 1569