Windows 10: Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows

Discus and support Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows [img] Information Mouse Keys lets you control the mouse pointer by using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by cfourkays, Oct 21, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows

How to: Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows

Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows [​IMG]
    Information Mouse Keys lets you control the mouse pointer by using the numeric keypad on your keyboard.

The keyboard shortcut to turn on and off Mouse Keys is to press the left Alt + left Shift + Num Lock keys.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Mouse Keys left Alt + left Shift + Num Lock keyboard shortcut for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Control Panel
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: Mouse Keys confirmation when using keyboard shortcut

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Ease of Access Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Make the mouse easier to use link in the Ease of Access Center. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Set up Mouse Keys under the "Control the mouse with the keyboard" section. (see screenshot below)

4. Under Keyboard shortcut, check (enable - default) or uncheck (disable) Turn on Mouse Keys with left ALT + left SHIFT + NUM LOCK for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut using a REG file

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\MouseKeys

Flags string value (REG_SZ)

250 = Disable
    254 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you want.

2. To Enable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Mouse_Keys_keyboard_shortcut_for_current_account.reg

Download

3. To Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Mouse_Keys_keyboard_shortcut_for_current_account.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

cfourkays, Oct 21, 2016

2. Ultimate list of all Windows keyboard shortcuts with Win keys

Ultimate list of all Windows keyboard shortcuts with Win keys

Read more: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...oard-shortcuts

Cluster Head, Oct 27, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 27, 2019
  5. How to enable mouse and keyboard click sound?

Hi,

From the above description, I understand you want to enable sound for mouse and keyboard strokes on the computer.
    Please reply, do you want to enable sound for mouse clicks and all keyboard keys?

Currently there is no option to enable sound for all keyboard keys and mouse clicks in Windows 10. However, you will be able to enable sound option for three keys on keyboard i.e.
    Num Lock, Scroll Lock and Caps Lock.

To enable sound for the above mentioned keyboard keys, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings window.
    • Select Ease of Access and click on
      Keyboard from left side panel of the window.
    • Under Toggle keys on right side panel turn on
      Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock option.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

I suggest you to post feedback on the above requirement using
    Feedback App. You can also input some of the ideas on enhancements, additions and requirements to be made to the operating system using
    Feedback app. We will make sure the feedback given by you will be considered and worked on.

Refer to the link below on Give us feedback to write a feedback on the requirement you are looking for in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-pc

Write to us for further assistance on any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 27, 2019
  6. hot to enable the keyboard short cuts?

Hello,

To enable the keyboard shortcuts in your Windows 10 PC, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in the article below.

How to enable or disable the keyboard Windows key

If you have further questions, kindly let us know.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Mouse

2. Disable keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable keyboard shortcut: Hi, I rely on the Accessibility / Ease of Access functions, one of which is the mouse pointer location using the expanding concentric circles. In Windows 8.1 this was operated with the Ctrl key. However, under Windows 11 the Ctrl keyboard shortcut also brings up the Start...
  3. Disable keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable keyboard shortcut: Hi, I rely on the Accessibility / Ease of Access functions, one of which is the mouse pointer location using the expanding concentric circles. In Windows 8.1 this was operated with the Ctrl key. However, under Windows 11 the Ctrl keyboard shortcut also brings up the Start...
  4. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  5. Keyboard and mouse only available for shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse only available for shortcut keys: This problem happens in a sudden when i was watching movie. Now i can only open any link by right click on the link and open in new tab. It goes the same to "this PC" and any other softwares on my laptop. When i double click "this PC", it pops up settings but not files where...
  6. Is there a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable a wireless adapter/card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable a wireless adapter/card: Is there a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable a wireless adapter/card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-keyboard-shortcut-to-enabledisable-a/e11be656-9ff9-4e30-8705-9769c56523b0
  7. disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?: Hello, I have a Inspiron 7370 with a touch screen and a hinge that allows the computer to open flat. I was wondering if there was a safe way to disable and re-enable the keyboard and keyboard mouse so I can use the screen as a tablet and place a notepad on the keyboard area...
  8. keyboard shortcut in windows for bluetooth to enable/disable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    keyboard shortcut in windows for bluetooth to enable/disable: can we create a keyboard shortcut in windows for bluetooth to enable/disable don't want to click action centre and click on bluetooth to enable and disable it, is there any possibility like we have a dedicated key for wifi in our laptop we can create a shortcut key to...
  9. Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Win+Ctrl+Enter Shortcut Key to Turn Narrator On or Off in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a...
  10. Enable or Disable High Contrast Keyboard Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable High Contrast Keyboard Shortcut in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable High Contrast Keyboard Shortcut in Windows [img] Information In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. High Contrast themes improves readability of the display by applying a special system color...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortcut key to disable mouse

2. disable mouse keys shortcut