Windows 10: Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10

Discus and support Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10 [img] Information When you click/tap on the Power icon in the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10

How to: Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10

Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information When you click/tap on the Power icon in the taskbar notification area, you will see the battery level indicator. The battery indicator has been updated in Windows 10 to be more modern and touch friendly.

This tutorial will show you how to switch between using the new or old battery level indicator from the Power icon on the taskbar system tray for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to switch between the old and new battery indicator.

EXAMPLE: Old and New Tray Power Battery Level Indicator

Here's How:

Note The .reg files below are to change the registry key and DWORD value below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell

UseWin32BatteryFlyout DWORD

0 = new
    1 = old

1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for what you would like to do.

2. To Use Old Power Battery Level Indicator
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Use_Old_Power_Battery_Indicator.reg

Download

3. To Use New Power Battery Level Indicator
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Use_New_Power_Battery_Indicator.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 7, 2016
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Battery power indicator

Hi Patricia,

To get back the battery power indicator, kindly click on this
    link
    and follow the steps provided by Vinodh_Kumar V on November 21, 2015.

Let us know how it goes.

Ar Rom, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Battery Indicator

Hi Mike,

There are several reasons why you are having issues charging the computer's battery. Having said that, we will be doing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this issue. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the battery indicator?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you tried using a different power adapter? if so, did you experience the same issue?
    • Have you tried connecting your power adapter to a different power outlet?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a power troubleshooter on the computer. Here's how:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Next to the View by: option, select Small icons.
    • Go to Troubleshooting.
    • Choose System and Security.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen prompt.

Once done, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10

Battery power indicator

1. I am running on Windows 10 and the battery state indicator has disappeared from the Task Bar. I have tried to follow the advice from the community but all paths lead me to something blanked out, such as "personalise the Task Bar"

2. On a list of icons, the battery indicator has the same icon as the Wi-Fi network indicator, the one with the three circle quadrants.

PatriciaBrindle, Oct 26, 2019
  5. battery indicator

Usually when it states that it is not charging it is battery related. I would suggest getting a new battery. You can try to reset Windows power options to see if it will charge:

what you need to do:

Open the Device Manager by searching for it or right-clicking the Start button and selecting Device Manager.

Click Batteries on the list to expand it and you should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

device-manager-batteries

Right-click on each item and choose Uninstall device. Yes, you are uninstalling your laptop's battery drivers, but don't worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.

Shut down your laptop.

Unplug the power cable from your laptop.

If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it

If your laptop does not have a removable battery. try skipping this step.

Put the battery back in if you removed it.

Plug in your laptop.

Power on your laptop.

Click the battery icon in the system tray and you should see that your laptop is plugged in and charging.

Please let me know if that helped.

MikeSnyder61704, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Battery Power Indicator in Windows.

(Windows) Battery Power Indicator is showing an extremely large amount of time left, typically over 24 hours!!

With the Laptop built-in power indicator showing the expected 3 to 4 hours max and the %'ages left matching the Windows indicator.

This has happened in the last week.

How do I check/rectify this issue.

Thank you in anticipation.

Mal.

Puzzled_Mal, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10

1. Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Old Battery Flyout

2. Old volume flyout on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old volume flyout on Windows 11: Hello there,I'm running latest Windows 11 on a Surace Laptop Studio yes, I've even subscribed to the beta-channel with no differenceProblem is, the volume and brightness flyout is the one before the redesign see below. And I definitely prefer the new one. I've never actually...
  3. Old volume flyout on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old volume flyout on Windows 11: Hello there,I'm running latest Windows 11 on a Surace Laptop Studio yes, I've even subscribed to the beta-channel with no differenceProblem is, the volume and brightness flyout is the one before the redesign see below. And I definitely prefer the new one. I've never actually...
  4. Power indicator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power indicator: Hello! My laptop has a problem. The power indicator stays on when laptop is off but is off when laptop is on.Is there some kind of software issue?Kind regards,Didzis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-indicator/a512041d-6bc7-4b23-89b1-cd2b5e790e1d
  5. Battery power indicator missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery power indicator missing: Yet another advanced miracle - this time the battery power indicator is gone. If I messed up like this at my work I would have a very unpleasant conversation and maybe have to go. The same should apply to bugware makers....
  6. Battery indicator

Battery indicator: After the motherboard was replaced my battery indicator shows time left for full charge instead of battery power percentage. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-indicator/d5c1a88e-c8bd-43ee-b56d-902e71842aca
  7. Change old language indicator to new language indicator

Change old language indicator to new language indicator: I have been using the old language bar and indicator for a while, but I want to change it back to the new language indicator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-old-language-indicator-to-new-language/42093e61-e01c-4d56-8712-6c6a59e8d0ec
  8. Battery indicator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery indicator: Ever since the Microsoft 10 update my battery never shows 100% charged. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-indicator/9c8c02b6-4675-47d5-9bea-ba65732431c2
  9. Battery indicator

Battery indicator: How to keep battery indicator in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-indicator/0cbf90ee-54d9-4f7a-a23e-b48f3eae3526
  10. Battery Power Indicator in Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Power Indicator in Windows.: (Windows) Battery Power Indicator is showing an extremely large amount of time left, typically over 24 hours!! With the Laptop built-in power indicator showing the expected 3 to 4 hours max and the %'ages left matching the Windows indicator. This has happened in the last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. old battery flyout windows 10