Windows 10: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by WinLatest, Jul 15, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller in Windows 10

The Xbox Game Bar makes it simple to take control of all your favorite gaming activities while playing.

When you open Xbox Game Bar (Win+G), youve got a variety of gaming activities at your fingertips. Select one and itll pop up as an overlaymany of these can be moved, resized, or pinned to your screen.

When the Xbox Game Bar is turned on, you can also open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on a connected game controller by default.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the ability to open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on a Xbox One controller for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller in Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Xbox button on Xbox One Controller

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Game Bar in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Gaming icon.

2. Click/tap on Game bar on the left side, and check (enable - default) or uncheck Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note Starting with Windows 10 (20H1) builds, you will need to click/tap on Xbox Game bar on the left side instead.

*note It is required to turn on the Xbox Game Bar to be able to open it.

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GameBar

UseNexusForGameBarEnabled DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller
    *note This is the default setting. It is required to turn on the Xbox Game Bar to be able to open it.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_open_Xbox_Game_Bar_using_Xbox_button_on_game_controller.reg

Download

3. To Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_open_Xbox_Game_Bar_using_Xbox_button_on_game_controller.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

WinLatest, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar Xbox

Source: Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar

Source: Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Open

2. Clipping using xbox game bar bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clipping using xbox game bar bug?: It says the command Win+Alt+G records the last 30 seconds of gameplay. However, when I try that, it recorded like 11 seconds sometimes, then 20 seconds, then like 4 seconds. Never recorded a full 30 seconds, and constantly recorded inconsistent amounts of time. Anyone got a...
  3. Xbox Game bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game bar: Boa noite, estou tentando ativar a exibição de fps no Xbox Game Bar e não estou conseguindo. De acordo com este artigo do próprio suporte do Xbox, peço para solicitar acesso e autorizo normalmente, como aparece, reinicio o pc mas ainda assim ainda assim o fps counter não...
  4. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar: I am running the latest Windows build 1909 with all updates and all my Microsoft Apps updated from the Microsoft Store. In the Xbox game bar I only see CPU, GPU and RAM under the metrics. I do not see FPS at all. Like it is not even there. I tried repairing the app and...
  5. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar: Lo how do I turn off the fps counter? Super buggy on my gaming laptop. Screen stutters black no gudd gg. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar/e0392856-dc6f-42a7-b564-d8d07e2adc10
  6. Xbox Game Bar Update Enables FPS Counter and Achievement Tracking Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Game Bar Update Enables FPS Counter and Achievement Tracking Xbox: [ATTACH] Fall is here, which means plenty of exciting new releases and content across both Xbox One and PC. With that in mind, we figured it was a great time to bring you new features for Xbox Game Bar with the October 2019 update to help you get the most out of your...
  7. Xbox game bar not opening correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not opening correctly: Hi! does anyone know how to fix Xbox game bar display issues? Whenever I try to pull up the menu ingame it just sends me to my desktop and opens it there, giving me the little note that says for me to try fullscreen borderless which is what I already have. Thanks a million!...
  8. Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10: Hello, I want to change the folder destination where my recorded clips go. Does anyone know how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-on-windows-10/e7e35769-e45b-4989-a42d-da60f5f8d6be"
  9. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10. Since it is a 64-bit laptop with 4 gigabytes of ram it won’t hold a lot, and when I try to record my screen with the Game Bar it displays a message saying “Can’t save your recording. Make sure your captures...
  10. Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming: How to: Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming How to Enable or Disable Game Streaming from Xbox One [img] Information Game streaming is the ability to play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your home network. This feature...