Windows 10: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by WinLatest, Jul 15, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller in Windows 10

The Xbox Game Bar makes it simple to take control of all your favorite gaming activities while playing.

When you open Xbox Game Bar (Win+G), youve got a variety of gaming activities at your fingertips. Select one and itll pop up as an overlaymany of these can be moved, resized, or pinned to your screen.

When the Xbox Game Bar is turned on, you can also open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on a connected game controller by default.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the ability to open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on a Xbox One controller for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller in Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Xbox button on Xbox One Controller

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Game Bar in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Gaming icon.

2. Click/tap on Game bar on the left side, and check (enable - default) or uncheck Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note Starting with Windows 10 (20H1) builds, you will need to click/tap on Xbox Game bar on the left side instead.

*note It is required to turn on the Xbox Game Bar to be able to open it.

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GameBar

UseNexusForGameBarEnabled DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller
    *note This is the default setting. It is required to turn on the Xbox Game Bar to be able to open it.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_open_Xbox_Game_Bar_using_Xbox_button_on_game_controller.reg

Download

3. To Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_open_Xbox_Game_Bar_using_Xbox_button_on_game_controller.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

WinLatest, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar Xbox

Source: Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar

Source: Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Open

2. Xbox Game Bar not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar not Opening: Hi, Whenever I try launch Xbox Game Bar, it doesn't do anything. If I search game bar in the search bar, I can click on the app repeatedly and nothing happens. When I enable it in Game DVR it turns itself off again. When I change the registry values "GameDVR_Enabled" and...
  3. Xbox game bar opens on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar opens on its own: I have a problem with the Xbox game overlay the menu that is opened with Win+G. When doing anything on my pc it randomly opens it's not too frequent, but very annoying as it can prevent you from acting in a game. I had the problem on my old HDD, and i thought reinstalling...
  4. I can't enable the Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't enable the Xbox game bar: I am unable to open the Xbox game bar. Every time I enable recording clips, screenshots, and broadcasting using the game bar, it disables itself again. I have tried resetting, changing things in the registry editor, and reinstalling. Despite all of this, nothing seems to...
  5. Xbox Game Bar won't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar won't open: [ATTACH] When I press Win + G i get what seems to be game bar but looks a bit different than what I've seen online. Not quite sure what's going on but I'm trying to install a game bar widget. Anyone ever seen this before?...
  6. Windows 10 Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Xbox game bar: I recently got my pc... i found out i can open up the xbox game bar and capture the last 30 seconds. With some games this works and others it only capture the first frame.... i really need help with this! thanks....
  7. Parental Controls for Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls for Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App: Currently I am unable to set time limits for my child to use the Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App. He is distracted by constant chat notifications while distance learning during the Covid19 pandemic. Also, my child is able to pull up the Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar...
  8. Xbox game bar not opening correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not opening correctly: Hi! does anyone know how to fix Xbox game bar display issues? Whenever I try to pull up the menu ingame it just sends me to my desktop and opens it there, giving me the little note that says for me to try fullscreen borderless which is what I already have. Thanks a million!...
  9. Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10: Hello, I want to change the folder destination where my recorded clips go. Does anyone know how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-on-windows-10/e7e35769-e45b-4989-a42d-da60f5f8d6be"
  10. Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming: How to: Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming How to Enable or Disable Game Streaming from Xbox One [img] Information Game streaming is the ability to play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your home network. This feature...