Windows 10: Explorer Quick access automatic pins

Discus and support Explorer Quick access automatic pins in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to prevent Quick access from automatically pinning new stuff to it without disabling it? I would like to add my own shortcuts there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Octopuss, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Octopuss Win User

Explorer Quick access automatic pins

Is there any way to prevent Quick access from automatically pinning new stuff to it without disabling it? I would like to add my own shortcuts there manually and leave it that way if possible.

:)

Octopuss, Sep 4, 2018
  2. jsacks Win User

Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list.

Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option "pin to quick access" does nothing and there is no option in right click list to "pin to quick access" or even "pin to start" for a .lnk file.

jsacks, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Explorere Quick access automatic pins

Quick Access doesn't automatically pin items, but by default it does automatically list (unpinned) your recently used files and frequently used folders. Either or both these can be turned off, while still allowing you to use Quick Access and pin items there yourself.

Add or Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10
    Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10

Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10

Bree, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Explorer Quick access automatic pins

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer Quick access automatic pins

1. Explorer Quick access automatic pins - Similar Threads - Explorer Quick access

2. Explorer&Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer&Quick Access: When you set a folder for quick access, it shows up in both the Explorer HOME folder and navigation barI want quick access folders not to show up in the navigation bar, only in the home folder. What can I do?Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS...
  3. Explorer&Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer&Quick Access: When you set a folder for quick access, it shows up in both the Explorer HOME folder and navigation barI want quick access folders not to show up in the navigation bar, only in the home folder. What can I do?Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS...
  4. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  5. Quick Access Pins Disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access Pins Disappear: The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins stay, but the ones I add do not. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-pins-disappear/5596e1d2-9295-4c4c-a0be-d9080ac59077
  6. Explorer Quick access automatic pins, revisted

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Quick access automatic pins, revisted: I searched for answers on this subject a while back with no answers. Today I found this thread, which at least confirms I'm not the only one with this experience. Explorer Quick access automatic pins Solved - Windows 10 Forums The Documents, Downloads, Pictures, and Desktop...
  7. Pin to quick access repetition

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to quick access repetition: It seems that by default, certain folders are pinned to quick access: Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Desktop. I keep unpinning them, and they keep pinning themselves back. Whats up with that? 157701
  8. Explorere Quick access automatic pins

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorere Quick access automatic pins: Is there any way to prevent Quick access from automatically pinning new stuff to it without disabling it? I would like to add my own shortcuts there manually and leave it that way if possible. 115577
  9. Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer: I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list. Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option...
  10. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...