Windows 10: Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs The Find My Device feature is now included for Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs

How to: Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs

How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs

The Find My Device feature is now included for Windows 10 PCs starting in Windows 10 build 10565.

Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs, like Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile phones, will allow Microsoft to save your device's GPS location periodically. This way if you lose your device, or your device gets stolen, you will be able to see it's last known location in Your devices online at Microsoft for the same Microsoft account you sign in to the device with.

Find My Device online requires that you have turned on Find My Device on your Windows 10 PC on a map.

If you have Find My Device turned on, your device will update its location periodically if it's connected to the internet.

This tutorial will show you how to use Find My Device to see the last known location of your Windows 10 PC.

Here's How:

1. Go to the account.microsoft.com/devices website at Microsoft, and sign in with your Microsoft account that you also use to sign in to the Windows 10 device you want to remotely lock.

2. Click/tap on the Show details or Manage link of the Windows 10 device you want to remotely lock. (see screenshots below)

Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on the Find my device link for the device. (see screenshot below)

*note If Find my device is currently turned off for this device, this will turn it on for the device if online.

4. If location for this device is currently turned off, then click/tap on the Enable location link to turn on location for this device if online. (see screenshot below)

5. You will now see the last seen at timestamp and location of your Windows 10 device on a map. (see screenshot below)

*note Your device only sends its location if it’s connected to the Internet.

You will be able to drag and zoom in and out of the map as needed.

If you locate your device and want to prevent anyone from using it or seeing your files, you can click/tap on the Lock button to remotely lock it.

6. The Windows 10 PC you tried to locate will now get a notification about this action. Clicking on the notification will close it and open to the Your devices website at Microsoft. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 16, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Oct 26, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 26, 2019
  5. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Find Device PCs

2. Find My Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device: My WIN 10 laptop has been stolen. I see that the location is currently unknown and it is OFF and the battery is 0%. First I'd like to know if I have to Refresh MS Edge to get a new reading? And second, a previous try the first time I used the program it gave an address. Are...
  3. windows find my device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows find my device: i lost my laptops pen is there a way i can locate it in windows. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-find-my-device/25fa49b5-1d9c-47f4-b40c-fca7e99254a4
  4. windows find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows find my device: i lost my laptops pen is there a way i can locate it in windows. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-find-my-device/25fa49b5-1d9c-47f4-b40c-fca7e99254a4
  5. windows find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find my device: How accurate is the find my device? My laptop was stolen yesterday and I keep signing in to find my device but it shows a different location in my neighborhood Everytime I sign in. Once it even said it was at a fire department...
  7. Find my device

Find my device: I need to find my laptop it was stolen. I tried the find devixe. What am i doing wrong,? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device/388c717b-db7d-45de-b519-f083b3297a3a
  8. Windows 10 find my device help!?!

Windows 10 find my device help!?!: Does the "find my device" feature immediately locate lost computer when connected to the internet via wifi or ethernet? I'm tring to locate my lost laptop but the last known location is at my home. I left my laptop bag at a bus stop so in know it's not home....
  9. Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device: How to: Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device How to Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device If your desktop, laptop, tablet, or Surface is lost or stolen, use the Find my device feature to locate and lock it remotely. Find my device uses your...
  10. Find my device on Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Find my device on Windows 10 desktop: Find my device Is not available under settings, update and security on my desktop PC. Whereas it is for my laptop. Can only one be tracked or is it suppressed because it's a desktop? I'm not bothered, I'm hardly going to mis place my huge desktop but was just curious...