Windows 10: Flash player is missing in Edge browser on Win10

Discus and support Flash player is missing in Edge browser on Win10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I upgraded my computer to Windows 10, however I cannot play Flash content in Edge browser. It is enabled in the advanced settings in Edge and it is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dim, Oct 5, 2015.

1. DIM
    dim Win User

Flash player is missing in Edge browser on Win10

I upgraded my computer to Windows 10, however I cannot play Flash content in Edge browser.
    It is enabled in the advanced settings in Edge and it is still not working, saying I have to update my Flash plugin,
    however it is supposed to be bundled with Edge.

I do not have a problem with Flash content in Chrome or IE11 browsers, but would like to be able to use Edge as well.
    Now, I also encounter the following error message from Windows Update:

"Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087040) - Error 0x800f0922"
    which I guess is related to the issue of missing Flash Player in my Windows. I could not find any help on Microsoft or Adobe websites.
    I would appreciate any advice on resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance,

:)

2. Websites with Flash Players freezed on Edge/IE in Win10

I am experiencing screen freezes on websites with Flash contents.

This issue exists on Edge and IE on Windows 10, while the problem persisted after I restarted the computer or cleared all my browser data & history.

The problem did not come since I upgraded to Win10, but just an unknown situation triggered the issue.

Could I reinstall Flash Player in Edge/IE?

Is there any way to recover the pages with Flash contents instead of disabling Flash Player?

Thanks.

Dexter Leung, Oct 5, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Bejewelled 3

What do you mean by "load" . Download and install, or run the game ?

The Bejewelled series and the others from Pop Cap and similar game publishers are Flash/Browser based.

If you have not installed or updated Adobe Flash and Shockwave players (Win10 normally keeps up on

Flash player through Windows Updates, but this may only be the plugin for the Edge browser ? ) doing so may help ?

( Careful you don't install the 'extras' you may not want )

Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player

Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player

BossDweeb, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Almighty1, Oct 5, 2015
  5. DIM
    dim Win User
    Hi Almighty, thank for your reply.

It was very helpful and I was able to resolve the update error, however my main issue of the flash player not working in Edge browser, despite trying all the suggestions I could find elsewhere, still remains.

The browser prompts me update the flash player, but I cannot really do anything with that ,as it is supposed to be bundled with Edge and it is already enabled in the advanced settings.

Is there a way to install flash player manually?

6. jds63 Win User
    Where, how and when exactly is it prompting you to update flash player, what are you doing when this happens ?

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  7. Cluster Head, Oct 6, 2015
  8. DIM
    dim Win User

Whenever I go to a website that requires flash. It tells me that my Flash Player is outdated and I need to update it. When I follow a link to the adobe website to update the player, I get a message that the player is bundled with Edge and that I just need to enable it in the Edge settings.
    The player is already enabled , but it does not help.

9. jds63 Win User
    In Edge look under this, open Edge on top left click the 3 dots, select Settings at bottom of the list, in settings go to Advanced settings scroll to bottom of list you will see it, make sure Adobe flash is turned on.Some malicious websites may say this to you also, need flash player.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Flash player is missing in Edge browser on Win10 [​IMG]

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  10. Hey mate,

So you are having problems installing that update. Did you search for troubleshooting that particular error?

Follow these tutorials in order
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Restart the computer. If the last scan fixed errors, then run it again, and restart. Try the update again. I can't find very much Windows 10 specific fixes, but you can troubleshoot Windows update within Windows itself (just type troubleshoot into the start menu and look for the updates section).

You could also try resetting Edge: Microsoft Edge - Reset to Default in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

DustSailor, Oct 6, 2015
  11. Almighty1 Win User
    Assuming that you have the Use Adobe Flash turned on as jds63 mentioned above, what happens when you goto:
    Adobe - Flash Player

Does it show you have Flash installed?

Almighty1, Oct 6, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Flash player is missing in Edge browser on Win10 - Similar Threads - Flash player missing

2. turning on Adobe Flash Player on Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning on Adobe Flash Player on Edge?: Why did I have to go to Adobe to find a simple solution for turning on Adobe Flash Player on Edge? Would I be better off with Chrome to use Flash Player?...
  3. Cyberfox Web Browser Flash Is Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cyberfox Web Browser Flash Is Missing: I am testing out Cyberfox web browser it is a Firefox clone this browser is missing flash player where do I get a copy of it for this browser?? Flash is already installed on the computer I just need to get it working for this browser.
  4. Flash player in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash player in Edge: I am only offered the choice of allow once when enabling Adobe Flash player on Edge, so I have to enable it every time I go to a website where it's needed, and there's one in particular I go to a lot. I tried permissions, but that didn't work. How else can I enable Flash so I...
  5. Flash Player in Edge Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash Player in Edge Windows 10: My flash player is on but will not allow me to use. How do I enable or allow me to use? Do I need to upgrade or have plugin? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-in-edge-windows-10/72cb2a50-d41c-4b3e-b04c-901b34ebcd48
  6. Flash Player issues in every browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Flash Player issues in every browsers: Hello everyone, I've been having strange issues for a few months I don't know if I'm posting in the right section but since it's flash player related I think it's fine. The issue is that flash player will mess up games (playing them but not fully, some things not appearing)...
  7. Flash videos not working with Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Flash videos not working with Edge browser: This problem has frustrated me to no end. For some reason, flash videos on websites like Gamespot, IGN and Gametrailers will not work with the Edge browser. All I get is a black screen with sound, or most of the time without any sound at all. Here are some of the things...
  8. MS Edge and Flash Player.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge and Flash Player.: I am trying my best to use MS Edge, but I am not happy with the built in flash player. Sometimes I do get the prompt to use flash once or always, other times nothing. Use adobe flash is set to on, so why are some sites with video not playing. Here is one site that does not...
  9. Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?): So last night I downloaded and used the 'Tweaking.com' Windows 10 software to see whether or not there were any issues with my registry, selected all options for repair and off it went. Today sees me not being able to watch any video that uses Flashplayer, but only if I...
  10. Adobe Flash Player 20 Released w. Win 10 a. Edge Browser Improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Adobe Flash Player 20 Released w. Win 10 a. Edge Browser Improvements: Adobe Flash Player 20 Released with Windows 10 and Edge Browser Improvements Adobe® Flash® Player 20 drives innovation for rich, engaging digital experiences with new features for cross-platform browser-based viewing of expressive rich internet applications, content, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flash is missing on microsoft edge

2. Flash player is missing in Edge browser on Win10