Windows 10: Google search for Edge

Discus and support Google search for Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have set Google as my search engine for Edge but when I launch Edge I get msn.com with the Bing. I have followed the tutorial and its not working. In... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by copiman, Apr 22, 2016.

1. copiman Win User

Google search for Edge

I have set Google as my search engine for Edge but when I launch Edge I get msn.com with the Bing. I have followed the tutorial and its not working. In settings under "search in the address bar with" it shows Google. Is it that you just use the address bar and it automatically uses Google or should Edge show the Google page like it did in Internet Explorer?

:)

copiman, Apr 22, 2016
  2. GP_47 Win User

Google Search and Edge

I regularly use Google as a search engine but lately I have noticed that the cursor in the search bar 'blinks' for a couple of seconds then disappears. This is really annoying. Why is this happening ? How do I reset it so that I can start to type immediately
    when I open Google to search. I am using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.

Thanks

GP_47, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Google Search and Edge

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided in the below mentioned link to reset default settings and check if it helps.

Microsoft Edge - reset the default settings.

Note:Reset
    Edge browser Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. Reset Edge
    browser Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Edge Settings feature. Resetting Edge browser
    isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Please follow the section which says how can I clear and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge;

Microsoft Edge, Browserdaten und Datenschutz – Microsoft Datenschutz

You can also check this link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Apr 22, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Google search for Edge

davidhk, Apr 22, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 22, 2016
  6. copiman Win User
    Thanks David. Yes, I wanted it like yours. The link you provided did it for me. Thank you.

copiman, Apr 22, 2016
  7. copiman Win User
    Hello Shawn. I did follow the link you provided but something was missing or I just caused my own problem. The link David gave me did what I needed. The more I think about it, I think I missed something. Thanks for responding. I always feel good when you respond because you have always helped me in other forums.

copiman, Apr 22, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Google search for Edge

You are welcome.

Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 22, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 22, 2016
  10. Ivan4you Win User
    When i start edge i get as my homepage google.But when i open then a new tabblad i get back the MSN search engine.How can i change that?

Ivan4you, Apr 22, 2016
  11. elbmek Win User
    Not too sure I am understanding this 'search' problem. In Edge, in my taskbar, is a thing called web search. I dont know if its already in but when I click on it google search opens.

what I DO want in Edge is the old file menu bar *Mad

elbmek, Apr 22, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I think you may be confusing the MSN webpage your new tabs open to as the search engine?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Google search for Edge

1. Google search for Edge - Similar Threads - Google search Edge

2. Edge: Inconsistent behaviour when using a Google search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Inconsistent behaviour when using a Google search: . I have Edge 91.0.864.41 in Win 10 Pro. In the Edge Settings, I have "Google" in the option: Search engine used in the address bar. For years, even with Chrome, I ignored the Google search box, and started my search by inserting my pointer in the URL bar. I did that even if...
  3. Edge crashes when google used as default search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge crashes when google used as default search: When I set google to the default search in setttings/privacy/address bar, Edge crashes when I enter the 2nd character in the URL field. When I change it back to bing it works correctly. Win10 V 19041.388 Edge 84.0.522.49 161689
  4. google search

in Browsers and Email
    google search: Hi, when I click on google search button, it connects to page and instantly, the page goes dull and will not respond to any instructions. This seems to have happened since last Windows update. Help please, thanks Best regards. David 150578
  5. google search

in Windows 10 Support
    google search: Hi, when I click on google search button, it connects to page and instantly, the page goes dull and will not respond to any instructions. This seems to have happened since last Windows update. Help please, thanks Best regards. David 150578
  6. Edge and Google Chromecast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge and Google Chromecast: When I was using the Edge Beta, I had no trouble getting Google Chromecast to work with it, until 2 weeks ago. At that point, Chromecast disappeared as an option icon on Edge or programs appearing on Edge. I want this back or I will return to Chrome as my browser. How do I...
  7. WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider

in Browsers and Email
    WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider: Hello, new guy here. I just purchased (April 2019) a new PC running WIN10 Home - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. As with most it came with Bing as the default search engine and my preference is Google. I went through the process of making Google my preferred and it is not...
  8. WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider: Hello, new guy here. I just purchased (April 2019) a new PC running WIN10 Home - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. As with most it came with Bing as the default search engine and my preference is Google. I went through the process of making Google my preferred and it is not...
  9. Edge search Change from Bing to Google

in Browsers and Email
    Edge search Change from Bing to Google: Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing 18806
  10. Google Search not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google Search not working in Edge: I have google.com.au set as home page as I mainly start browsing with a search. I first started to have problems last night when opening a new TAB for a new search and selecting Home page rather than using the Bing search on the new TAB. As soon as I start typing the search...