Windows 10: HDR streaming not turning on.

Discus and support HDR streaming not turning on. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop is supporting HDR steaming but when i try to turn it on it crashes. i tried with power supply on in laptop. now i don't know what i have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hemin_Patel, Oct 26, 2019.

1. HDR streaming not turning on.

My laptop is supporting HDR steaming but when i try to turn it on it crashes. i tried with power supply on in laptop. now i don't know what i have to do.

:)

Hemin_Patel, Oct 26, 2019

2. Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10  

How to Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

You will be able to play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video when your Windows 10 device has a display thats optimized for HDR video and you have Stream HDR video turned on in Windows HD Color settings.

*note Not all displays are optimized for HDR video. If you have two displays and move the HDR video onto a display thats not optimized for HDR video, youll get the appropriate standard dynamic range (SDR) video stream as soon as new content starts to play (for example, a new TV episode). If you want to get it sooner than that, restart your video app and start playing the video on the display you plan to watch it on.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off HDR video streaming for a display in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Display on the left side, and click/tap on the Windows HD Color settings link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

HDR streaming not turning on. [​IMG]

3. If you have multiple displays connected to your PC, select the HDR-capable display you want in the Select a display to view or change the settings for it drop down menu under Choose display. (see screenshot below)

*note If Stream HDR video says No under Display capabilities, then the selected display is not optimized (not supported) for HDR video.

4. Turn on (default) or off Stream HDR video for what you want.

*note If this is an external display, you will need to turn on Play HDR games and apps to turn on Stream HDR video.

5. You can now close Settings if you like.

HDR streaming not turning on. [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10

Hi Mohammed AlJasim,

We determined the issue and found out that your computer specs and graphics card are highly capable of enabling HDR and running a 4K video.

Since you've already tested this on Sony TV and its perfectly working fine, we suggest that you
    contact your other TV manufacturer’s support team (which is
    BenQ) directly for confirmation if this TV is really capable for
    streaming HDR videos in Netflix or not.

To know how to contact them, you can visit this link:
    BenQ Support.

Netflix has a feature to auto-detect the capability monitors or TVs if they can stream HDR videos or not.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Johann Eva, Oct 26, 2019
  4. HDR streaming not turning on.

Help with HDR in windows 10

Have you tried the following?

To turn on HDR video streaming

Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Video playback .

Under Stream HDR video, select Windows HD Color settings.

Under Choose display, select the display you want to change.

If it's an external display, turn on Play HDR games and apps.

Turn on Stream HDR video.

Source
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/404025...

JamesYoung9, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

HDR streaming not turning on.

1. HDR streaming not turning on. - Similar Threads - HDR streaming turning

2. Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?: I have an iMac 2017 model running bootcamp and I use display port 1.2 to connect to my ASUS tuf monitor. I'm not quite so sure as to why this particular setting keeps on turning off. I make sure to disconnect my iMac display so it wont interfere with the hdr process. I have...
  3. Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?: I have an iMac 2017 model running bootcamp and I use display port 1.2 to connect to my ASUS tuf monitor. I'm not quite so sure as to why this particular setting keeps on turning off. I make sure to disconnect my iMac display so it wont interfere with the hdr process. I have...
  4. Where is the HDR Streaming option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the HDR Streaming option?: My laptop says it supports HDR streaming but I cannot find the option to turn it on. The HDR itself is on, I just don't have the streaming option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-hdr-streaming-option/4683f432-5610-49af-8676-8731c6a9ad70
  5. Where is the HDR Streaming option?

Where is the HDR Streaming option?: My laptop says it supports HDR streaming but I cannot find the option to turn it on. The HDR itself is on, I just don't have the streaming option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-hdr-streaming-option/4683f432-5610-49af-8676-8731c6a9ad70
  6. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  7. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

[HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  8. USE HDR Streaming = No

in Windows 10 Customization
    USE HDR Streaming = No: I have a Intel NUC NUC8i5BEH - i5 8259U with the Iris 655+ on board graphics chip. This combination should support 4K HDR.I acquired a Samsung LS32AM702UNXZA monitor - HDR10 capable.I have the Samsung driver for the monitor installed. According to DXDIAG compared against MS...
  9. Accidentally turned on hdr

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally turned on hdr: I accidentally turned on hdr, on a monitor that I assume doesnt support it. I unplugged my main monitor and plugged in a secondary one that also doesnt support it, so I don't know how it's usable. I looked at many threads/ tutorials and they always said to use the slider to...
  10. Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 You will be able to play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video when your Windows 10 device has a display thats optimized for HDR...