Windows 10: How do I change ALT+TAB behaviour

Discus and support How do I change ALT+TAB behaviour in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks I am stumped by something which I assume is relatively easy to fix. The Alt+Tab behaviour has changed on my Win 10 laptop and I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blueghoti, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Blueghoti Win User

How do I change ALT+TAB behaviour

Hi folks

I am stumped by something which I assume is relatively easy to fix.

The Alt+Tab behaviour has changed on my Win 10 laptop and I am not sure how to change it back.

I prefer Alt+Tab to make definitive screen changes, but now it seems to be a scrolling change ("animated", with the next screen appearing from behind the current screen... not sure exactly how to describe this).

How would I change its behaviour please?

Another oddity I notice is that I can't display the icons on my Desktop. Instead I see all of the Windows Store tiles where my Desktop screen should be. How can I hide those and show Desktop only?

I am sure these are simple settings to change... but I can't figure out how!

Thanks
    Chris

:)

Blueghoti, Nov 3, 2017
  2. Martmcd Win User

how do i alt tab into desktop?

try just windows key + d

Martmcd, Nov 3, 2017
  3. how do i alt tab into desktop?

are you joking with me? thats tooooo complicated.

windows 10 sucks.

windows 7 MUCH better. could alt tab directly to desktop there.

jackblack846, Nov 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Two possibilities:
    In Settings you either have start screen set to display as full screen, or you are in tablet mode.

dalchina, Nov 3, 2017
  5. Blueghoti Win User
    Thanks Dalchina...

I had a quick look in settings and couldn't see where I would be able to toggle this. I had a look here How to Enable or Disable Tablet Mode in Windows 10 but am stumped at Step 4. The Tablet submenu displays, but the message "Make Windows more touch-friendly" does not appear.

Any thoughts?

Chris

Blueghoti, Nov 3, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
  7. Blueghoti Win User
    Perfect!! That seemed to solve both problems. Many thanks!!

Chris

Blueghoti, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change ALT+TAB behaviour - Similar Threads - change ALT+TAB behaviour

2. Alt + Shift + PrtScn changes contrast, how do I reset this?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt + Shift + PrtScn changes contrast, how do I reset this?: Hello So I've been using my computer and I pressed a combination of the buttons Alt, Shift, and PrtScn, and this changed the contrast of my computer, which is fine, but I want to know how to reset it because I would like the original version I had back. Is there a way to...
  3. alt+tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    alt+tab: when i alt+tab it use to show previews but then all of a sudden it stopped. i don't exactly remember when it stopped but it doesn't show previews only icons submitted by /u/venusarr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpfjbx/alttab/
  4. Bug with alt+tab?

Bug with alt+tab?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Due_Entrance_9883 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irck9l/bug_with_alttab/
  5. How do I change default tab in "Win+." shortcut

How do I change default tab in "Win+." shortcut: I tried googling it, but there seem no options whatsoever, I am stuck with useless emojis when I am intending to use additional symbols, mathematical and punctuation that aren't present on the keyboard. I found this feature very useful and helpful, but switching from emojis...
  6. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: How can I remap Alt+Tab to a single key like the Fn Key. I came from Linux Mint with Gnome Desktop and accessing all my open tabs was one key away. How can I replicate this time-saving feature on Windows 10? submitted by /u/luke__7 [link] [comments]...
  7. Alt-tab Delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-tab Delay: Hi all, I'm not sure if I posted this before, but I've been having this minor annoyance for a while now. When I use Alt-Tab to switch between windows, there is a 1.5-2 second delay. Since I switch apps a lot, it gets really annoying. I've read that this issue can be linked...
  8. Alt+tab behaviour, how to stop automaximalization of full screen app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+tab behaviour, how to stop automaximalization of full screen app?: Hello When I am playing some game in fullscreen, I press alt+tab to switch to eg. browser. Game minimalise and browser is displayed. Thats fine. However, when I close browser or minimalize browser, game is automaticaly maximalized. Why it dont stay at desktop like was in...
  9. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798
  10. Alt/Tab has changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt/Tab has changed: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10. On W7 alt/tab would expand each open application window such that they were full size when alt/tab'd or mouse'd over to it. But on W10 they do not show full size unless you bring the app into focus by releasing alt/tab. I suspect MS did...