Windows 10: How do I change ALT+TAB behaviour

Discus and support How do I change ALT+TAB behaviour in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks I am stumped by something which I assume is relatively easy to fix. The Alt+Tab behaviour has changed on my Win 10 laptop and I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blueghoti, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Blueghoti Win User

How do I change ALT+TAB behaviour

Hi folks

I am stumped by something which I assume is relatively easy to fix.

The Alt+Tab behaviour has changed on my Win 10 laptop and I am not sure how to change it back.

I prefer Alt+Tab to make definitive screen changes, but now it seems to be a scrolling change ("animated", with the next screen appearing from behind the current screen... not sure exactly how to describe this).

How would I change its behaviour please?

Another oddity I notice is that I can't display the icons on my Desktop. Instead I see all of the Windows Store tiles where my Desktop screen should be. How can I hide those and show Desktop only?

I am sure these are simple settings to change... but I can't figure out how!

Thanks
    Chris

:)

Blueghoti, Nov 3, 2017
  2. Martmcd Win User

how do i alt tab into desktop?

try just windows key + d

Martmcd, Nov 3, 2017
  3. how do i alt tab into desktop?

are you joking with me? thats tooooo complicated.

windows 10 sucks.

windows 7 MUCH better. could alt tab directly to desktop there.

jackblack846, Nov 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Two possibilities:
    In Settings you either have start screen set to display as full screen, or you are in tablet mode.

dalchina, Nov 3, 2017
  5. Blueghoti Win User
    Thanks Dalchina...

I had a quick look in settings and couldn't see where I would be able to toggle this. I had a look here How to Enable or Disable Tablet Mode in Windows 10 but am stumped at Step 4. The Tablet submenu displays, but the message "Make Windows more touch-friendly" does not appear.

Any thoughts?

Chris

Blueghoti, Nov 3, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
  7. Blueghoti Win User
    Perfect!! That seemed to solve both problems. Many thanks!!

Chris

Blueghoti, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change ALT+TAB behaviour - Similar Threads - change ALT+TAB behaviour

2. How do I fix taskbar and alt tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix taskbar and alt tab: Ok so I’ve tried the lock taskbar and auto hide taskbar it does nothing. Ive done the windows explorer in task manager it’s done nothing and my alt+enter does nothing it’s like it can’t full screen without the taskbar and the thing is the last time I started it it was fine...
  3. How do I fix taskbar and alt tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix taskbar and alt tab: Ok so I’ve tried the lock taskbar and auto hide taskbar it does nothing. Ive done the windows explorer in task manager it’s done nothing and my alt+enter does nothing it’s like it can’t full screen without the taskbar and the thing is the last time I started it it was fine...
  4. How do I fix taskbar and alt tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Alt + tab fullscreen behaviour

Alt + tab fullscreen behaviour: Hi there,Alt tabbing out of a full screen application media player into something windowed loses focus, e.g. alt tabbing from a fullscreen media player into a web browser or Windows Explorer means that keyboard shortcuts won't work until I actually click the window to focus...
  6. Alt + tab into fullscreen behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt + tab into fullscreen behaviour: Hi there,Alt tabbing out of a full screen application media player into something windowed loses focus, e.g. alt tabbing from a fullscreen media player into a web browser or Windows Explorer means that keyboard shortcuts won't work until I actually click the window to focus...
  7. HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?: I need to disable the Alt + Tab hotkey. it keeps screwing up my games when i'm playing causing windows i dont **** want to pop up on top of my fullscreen game. HOW THE **** DO I TURN IT OFF?!?!!? why the **** is there not a **** option to just....you...
  8. How do I remove desktop in alt tab list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove desktop in alt tab list: For win 10 by the way. submitted by /u/69Eddy69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kms3yn/how_do_i_remove_desktop_in_alt_tab_list/
  9. Alt+tab behaviour, how to stop automaximalization of full screen app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+tab behaviour, how to stop automaximalization of full screen app?: Hello When I am playing some game in fullscreen, I press alt+tab to switch to eg. browser. Game minimalise and browser is displayed. Thats fine. However, when I close browser or minimalize browser, game is automaticaly maximalized. Why it dont stay at desktop like was in...
  10. Alt/Tab has changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt/Tab has changed: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10. On W7 alt/tab would expand each open application window such that they were full size when alt/tab'd or mouse'd over to it. But on W10 they do not show full size unless you bring the app into focus by releasing alt/tab. I suspect MS did...