Windows 10: Turn On or Off Ask to Switch to Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Ask to Switch to Tablet Mode in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Switch to Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ask before Automatically Switching to Tablet Mode in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Ask to Switch to Tablet Mode in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Switch to Tablet Mode in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Ask before Automatically Switching to Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Ask to Switch to Tablet Mode in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Continuum is Microsoft's new way of switching between tablet and desktop mode on a Windows 10 tablet or convertible PC as needed.

Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you don't want to use a keyboard and mouse.

You will see the desktop by default on a typical laptop or desktop.

Tablet mode will be turned on by default on tablets.

On a convertible PC (laptop/tablet hybrid), detaching or attaching the keyboard will prompt you by default to switch in and out of tablet mode.

This tutorial will show you how to set to Don't ask me and don't switch, Always ask me before switching, or Don't ask me and always switch when your Windows 10 PC automatically switches tablet mode on or off.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Ask before Automatically Switching to Tablet Mode in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Ask before Automatically Switching to Tablet Mode using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Do you want to switch to tablet mode?" and "Do you want to exit tablet mode?" notification

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Ask before Automatically Switching to Tablet Mode in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Tablet Mode on the left side, and select Don't ask me and don't switch, Always ask me before switching, or Don't ask me and always switch under When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Ask before Automatically Switching to Tablet Mode using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell

ConvertibleSlateModePromptPreference DWORD

0 = Don't ask me and don't switch
    1 = Always ask me before switching
    2 = Don't ask me and always switch

1. Do step 2 (Don't ask - don't switch), step 3 (Always ask), or step 4 (Don't ask - always switch) below for what you would like to do.

2. Set to "Don't ask me and don't switch"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Don't_ask_me_and_don't_switch.reg

Download

3. Set to "Always ask me before switching"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Always_ask_me_before_switching.reg

Download

4. Set to "Don't ask me and always switch"

Don't_ask_me_and_always_switch.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. If prompted, click on Run, OK (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 11, 2017
  2. Eric Ber Win User

PC tablet stops turning on tablet mode automatically

Hi,

Incorrect settings is one of the possible reasons why the tablet mode is not turning on automatically. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode
      in the left panel. A tablet mode sub-menu appear.
    • Configure the When this device automatically switches menu to
      Don't ask me and always switch.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu.
    If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. Kindly follow the steps below to sort out the concern:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appear
    • Toggle "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." to on to enable Tablet mode. Or off to go to desktop mode
    • Configure the "When this device automatically switches" menu to let Windows 10 to switch modes on your 2-in-1 prompt or not prompt you.

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Ask to Switch to Tablet Mode in Windows 10

need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

You can disable tablet mode in settings

Disabling Tablet Mode :

• Go to the Tablet Mode tab under Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode
    • Toggle the "make Windows more touch friendly" option off.
    • Select whether the device switches modes automatically ->change to Dont Ask/Don't Switch.

DeathtoGnomes, Oct 26, 2019
  5. cannot switch laptop to tablet mode after update!

Hi Christine, please follow the troubleshooting steps:

Go to the Start Menu and press Settings

Choose System

On the left pane, select Tablet Mode

Turn on "Make Windows more touch-friendly" to enable Tablet Mode

Find "When this device automatically switches" menu and turn on "Don't ask me and always switch".

Nicky Radonskiy, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Ask to Switch to Tablet Mode in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Ask to Switch to Tablet Mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Ask

2. Turn off tablet mode on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off tablet mode on windows 11: Hi guys, I simply need to turn off the Tablet mode. I have found that Windows has removed that setting in the switch to Windows 11.. Ok I nice when things are intuative and so... but I simply need a way to switch it off. So many times it happens that I slightly shake with the...
  3. Turn off tablet mode on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off tablet mode on windows 11: Hi guys, I simply need to turn off the Tablet mode. I have found that Windows has removed that setting in the switch to Windows 11.. Ok I nice when things are intuative and so... but I simply need a way to switch it off. So many times it happens that I slightly shake with the...
  4. What is Tablet Mode in Windows 10 and How to Turn it On and Off?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Tablet Mode in Windows 10 and How to Turn it On and Off?: Windows 10 automatically switches your system to tablet mode when you reconfigure your PC. However, there are several ways to turn this off or on. This article will look at the various methods. What Is Automatic Tablet Mode? If you have a 2-in-1 convertible laptop with a...
  5. turn off tablet mode windows 11

turn off tablet mode windows 11: i need to turn off tablet mode in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tablet-mode-windows-11/a5cabf08-7062-498a-92af-25cb7b2847ac
  6. turn off tablet mode windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off tablet mode windows 11: i need to turn off tablet mode in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tablet-mode-windows-11/a5cabf08-7062-498a-92af-25cb7b2847ac
  7. Win 11 tablet mode turned off

Win 11 tablet mode turned off: I have an hp pavillion laptop and tablet pc combo. I'm confused about win 11 turning off tablet mode when upgraded. Does that mean that I can't use my tablet on this pc at all. As it is meant to work?...
  8. Windows 10 stuck in Tablet Mode? Here is how to turn off the Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck in Tablet Mode? Here is how to turn off the Tablet Mode: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Tablet Mode on Windows 10 device was introduced to make Windows 10 more user-friendly on 2-in-1 devices like the Surface Pro and the Surface Book. However, If your Windows 10 is stuck in Tablet Mode and can’t turn off [...] This post Windows 10 stuck in...
  9. Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Continuum is Microsoft's new way of switching between tablet and desktop mode on a Windows 10 tablet or convertible PC as needed. Tablet mode makes Windows easier and...
  10. can't turn off tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't turn off tablet mode: I selected tablet mode, and I have no way of going back that I can fine. My start button does nothing(which was the original problem that I was trying to resolve). All I have is Control Panel. This has definitely been the most challenging version since 3,1 21348