Windows 10: How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

Discus and support How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by OKCarl, Sep 4, 2017.

1. OKCarl Win User

How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me my email password is the same as my log on / sign in password) Suggestions? Advice?

:)

OKCarl, Sep 4, 2017
  2. Erika Aro Win User

How do I change how I am log-in to my machine.

You are more than welcome. Thank you for updating us on your case. Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you have other concerns.

Cheers.

Erika Aro, Sep 4, 2017
  3. How do I change how I am log-in to my machine.

Hi, with windows 10 can I do a complete reinstall of windows when I have forgotten the log-in password. At the moment I don’t have administration right on my machine and when I try to log-in as administrator the password I thought was the one it doesn’t
    recognize it so I am unable to get administrator right.

Can I just reinstall windows 10 when I don’t have the disc because I got the free upload to windows 10pro when it was offered at the time from windows 7 pro & ultimate? If I have the disc I would do a complete reinstall of windows but its hard when
    to don’t have the disc or the money to buy the Windows 10pro disc.

My computer run ok I just don’t have the right to delete or install anything.

Thanks

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop]

Michael Skeen, Sep 4, 2017
  4. lmaneke Win User

If your login is your Microsoft account, then unfortunately that password does Synchronize with Windows, and your Microsoft account password would need to be changed in order for the password to change on Windows. What it is supposed to do, is when you change your email password, Windows is supposed to recognize those changes, and ask you to reverify your Microsoft account. If that is not happening, then there is a problem with Windows.

On a local account, you go to Sign in options, and change the password.

lmaneke, Sep 4, 2017
  5. OKCarl Win User
    This answer is confusing.

OKCarl, Sep 10, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 10, 2017
  7. OKCarl Win User
    Hello Brink. I think I have a Microsoft Account. Still, No workee! When I type in my sign in / log on password windows says wrong password. When I type in my email password windows says right password! How does changing my email password bring about a change in my sign in / log on password?

OKCarl, Sep 11, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Your Microsoft account uses the email address you registered with it as the user name, and uses the same password for the email address.

If you are unable to sign in to your Microsoft account, then you could use option 4 in the tutorial below to reset the password of your Microsoft account. You will need to be connected to the Internet to be able to use this option though.

*Arrow Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password? - Similar Threads - Change Log Sign

2. I cannot change log in to facebook. How do I retrieve my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot change log in to facebook. How do I retrieve my password?: I cannot log in to facebook. When I try to change my password, the code that is sent is rejected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-change-log-in-to-facebook-how-do-i/64485b64-6af7-4bb9-8f64-188f33862dd5
  3. How do I change my log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my log in?: I am setting up a brand new MSI laptop and after the Wi-Fi step it says "Welcome to Mckim & Creed, Inc.!" and gives me no option but to sign into this company I have not heard of. Please Help! Urgent!...
  4. How do I change my log in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my log in?: I am setting up a brand new MSI laptop and after the Wi-Fi step it says "Welcome to Mckim & Creed, Inc.!" and gives me no option but to sign into this company I have not heard of. Please Help! Urgent!...
  5. How do I change my log in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my password?: I can change my local account password on my windows 10 machine, but not on my windows 11 machine. Why? The very same local account password that I use to login with just fine, windows says that password is wrong when I go to change it. How can this be, when I just signed in...
  7. How do I change my log in ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my log in ?: My sign in option has been disabled due to failed attempts or repeated shutdowns, which I believe didn't happen.I've tried to reset my pin, but the email address to send a code to is no longer valid.Looked at resetting this as well but it takes 30 days.I urgently need to...
  8. How do I change my log in ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my log in ?: My sign in option has been disabled due to failed attempts or repeated shutdowns, which I believe didn't happen.I've tried to reset my pin, but the email address to send a code to is no longer valid.Looked at resetting this as well but it takes 30 days.I urgently need to...
  9. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my password?: I forgot my password, how do I put in a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-password/84ca6441-236e-48cf-a4a9-0745e60c1cdd
  10. How Do I Change My Computer Sign In Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How Do I Change My Computer Sign In Password: How do I change the password I use to sign in to my computer ? Note that I am not referring to my MS account password - I have already changed than. I went to the Control Panel and selected User Accounts. From there I don't see anyway to change to computer sign in...