Windows 10: How do I keep my Settings App from closing every time I click on Themes in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I keep my Settings App from closing every time I click on Themes in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and I am trying to follow the instruction that I found to show my Recycle Bin which is below. Select the Start button, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johndoe3815, May 6, 2019.

1. How do I keep my Settings App from closing every time I click on Themes in Windows 10?

I have Windows 10 and I am trying to follow the instruction that I found to show my Recycle Bin which is below.

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings.
    2. Select Personalization > Themes > Desktop icon settings.
    3. Select the RecycleBin check box > Apply.

Every time I click on Themes though, it closes out the Settings screen completely and I don't understand why? Any help with this matter would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

johndoe3815, May 6, 2019

2. Windows 10: change timing of theme pictures?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about setting time to change theme on Desktop, we will help you with this issue.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• From Desktop, right click and select Personalize.
    • In Personalization window, click on Themes
      in the left pane.
    • Click on Theme settings, select the Default themes you need and close the windows.
    • Click on Background in the Personalization
      windows.
    • Select Background to Slideshow and expand
      Change picture every
      to choose the appropriate time.
    • Close the Personalization window.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further assist on Windows Operating System. We are happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 6, 2019
  3. Dyslexia: is there a customisable theme for windows 10?

Hi Emma,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with themes in Windows 10.

I suggest you to set the themes in Windows 10 to default and check if it helps.

Steps:

• From Desktop, right click and select Personalize.
    • In Personalization window, click on Themes
      in the left pane.
    • Click on Theme settings, select the Default themes
      and close the window.

If you are still not able to find suitable themes, I recommend you to use your favorite search engine to search for the suitable themes, download-install them and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 6, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I keep my Settings App from closing every time I click on Themes in Windows 10?

Is there any way to change the system theme between light and dark in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for choosing windows 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

To Choose a Theme in Personalization

• Right click or press and hold on your desktop, click/tap on Personalize
    • Click/tap on Themes on the left side, click/tap on the Go to theme settings link under "Themes" on the right side, and close Settings,
    • Click/tap on a theme you want to choose.
    To Choose a High Contrast Theme in Settings app

• Open
      Settings
      , and do
      step 2
      or
      step 3
      below for how you would like to open High contrast settings.
    • Click/tap on the Personalization icon, click/tap on Colors on the left side, click/tap on go to high contrast color settings link at the bottom of the right side.
    • Click/tap on the Ease of Access icon
    • Click/tap on High contrast on the left side, and choose a high contrast theme you want in the drop down menu on the right side.
    • Make any
      color
      changes you would like, and click/tap on Apply
    • When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 6, 2019
Thema:

How do I keep my Settings App from closing every time I click on Themes in Windows 10?

1. How do I keep my Settings App from closing every time I click on Themes in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - keep Settings App

2. Why does my To Do app keeps closing every time I type one task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my To Do app keeps closing every time I type one task: It started doing this about two weeks ago and I figured it would be fixed by now. I find it very annoying and difficult to actually use the app and manage my team....
  3. Why does my To Do app keeps closing every time I type one task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my To Do app keeps closing every time I type one task: It started doing this about two weeks ago and I figured it would be fixed by now. I find it very annoying and difficult to actually use the app and manage my team....
  4. Every time I open a new app, the previously closed apps' overlays keep reappearing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I open a new app, the previously closed apps' overlays keep reappearing.: Hello, I've been experiencing this issue for around 6 months now. Even after closing the app, it continues to be displayed in the background whenever I open another application, causing a significant slowdown on my PC. Despite updating both Windows and the graphics driver,...
  5. Every time I open a new app, the previously closed apps' overlays keep reappearing.

Every time I open a new app, the previously closed apps' overlays keep reappearing.: Hello, I've been experiencing this issue for around 6 months now. Even after closing the app, it continues to be displayed in the background whenever I open another application, causing a significant slowdown on my PC. Despite updating both Windows and the graphics driver,...
  6. every time i click on the search bar, it instantly closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time i click on the search bar, it instantly closes: I've already tried all the different troubleshooting things, ive tried to use the troubleshooting feature on windows under the search menu and it said it couldnt identify any issues. I've tried to paste the command and enter it and it did nothing, I have tried everything and...
  7. every time i click on the search bar, it instantly closes

every time i click on the search bar, it instantly closes: I've already tried all the different troubleshooting things, ive tried to use the troubleshooting feature on windows under the search menu and it said it couldnt identify any issues. I've tried to paste the command and enter it and it did nothing, I have tried everything and...
  8. my personalized theme is lost every time i restart

my personalized theme is lost every time i restart: I have recently updated my laptop to windows 11 and my personalized theme is lost/disabled every time I restart my laptop, this was never a problem when I had windows 10. It is simple enough to reactivate the theme, but it's getting annoying to redo it daily....
  9. Why is my laptop doing this every time I click? Does this have to do with my colors settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my laptop doing this every time I click? Does this have to do with my colors settings?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fred37196 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kql8nq/why_is_my_laptop_doing_this_every_time_i_click/
  10. Photos app in Windows 10 - How do I change the default settings so every time I make a...

Photos app in Windows 10 - How do I change the default settings so every time I make a...: How do I change the default settings so everytime I make a video it doesn't have a filter and so the photo isn't moving? Because I'm working on a project with photos and I need there to be no filter and no moving of the photo. Thank You...