Windows 10: How to add Modern UI apps to approved apps list of Controlled Folder Access

Discus and support How to add Modern UI apps to approved apps list of Controlled Folder Access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have problem with Controlled Folder Access, which won't let me to save files from almost any app. So I added my apps manually, but it don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichalPelikán, Sep 14, 2018.

1. How to add Modern UI apps to approved apps list of Controlled Folder Access

Hi,

I have problem with Controlled Folder Access, which won't let me to save files from almost any app. So I added my apps manually, but it don't work for Office Mobile apps on Windows, since I don't know the location of executable files.

I can't use full Office - I have only Office Mobile.

Michal P.

:)

MichalPelikán, Sep 14, 2018

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

How to add Modern UI apps to approved apps list of Controlled Folder Access

Brink, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

How to add Modern UI apps to approved apps list of Controlled Folder Access

1. How to add Modern UI apps to approved apps list of Controlled Folder Access - Similar Threads - add Modern apps

2. 3 unknown apps listed in all through controlled folder access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 unknown apps listed in all through controlled folder access.: How to determine if these apps are legitimate? I did not knowingly place them in that list.What is the Microsoft Recommended setting for all? Allow or Disallow?3 apps listed: wmplayer.exe - svchost.exe - DST.exeDesktop - Windows 10 - 21H1 - 19043.1415 - Edge - 96.0.1054.29...
  3. 3 unknown apps listed in all through controlled folder access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 unknown apps listed in all through controlled folder access.: How to determine if these apps are legitimate? I did not knowingly place them in that list.What is the Microsoft Recommended setting for all? Allow or Disallow?3 apps listed: wmplayer.exe - svchost.exe - DST.exeDesktop - Windows 10 - 21H1 - 19043.1415 - Edge - 96.0.1054.29...
  4. 3 unknown apps listed in all through controlled folder access.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I add Google Chrome to the list of approved apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I add Google Chrome to the list of approved apps: I have a family account set up to monitor my daughter's use of the computer. She needs to use Google Chrome for her school work during the COVID-19 stay at home order. Every time she tries to use Google Chrome she has to have M/S send me an email to allow her to use...
  6. How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access"

How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access": I recently enabled controlled folder access in the Windows Security app. I was running an executable from a USB (assigned drive letter 'I:') that required access to one of my protected folders, so I allowed it via Windows Security>Virus & threat protection>Manage ransomware...
  7. Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List: I am using Windows 10 Pro 1809. Is there a way to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security/Virus Threat & Protection/Ransomware Protection/Controlled Folder Access? I have apps listed there that have been uninstalled, yet still are listed as...
  8. Preventing access to modern app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preventing access to modern app: Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be...
  9. Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Allowed Apps through Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 Starting with Controlled folder access is introduced in Windows Defender Antivirus. When Controlled folder...
  10. Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

in Windows 10 Support
    Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input: A newbie to the forum. Strange one, I have searched all over for an answer to this problem.*Sad Window 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393.187, under any modern app I'm unable to type any information in, this includes Cortana search field, the windows store search field,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gow to add to approval list

2. add app to approved