Windows 10: How To Blow Away Local Admin Acct Password?

Discus and support How To Blow Away Local Admin Acct Password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, I just got my laptop back from ASUS after a couple of weeks, and believe it or not, I can't remember the Local Admin Password. No trouble with my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gplea, Apr 27, 2016.

1. gplea Win User

How To Blow Away Local Admin Acct Password?

So, I just got my laptop back from ASUS after a couple of weeks, and believe it or not, I can't remember the Local Admin Password. No trouble with my Stnd Admin Pswd. I've tried every pswd permutation I can think of, and NOTHING works. HEP ME!

:)

gplea, Apr 27, 2016

2. Change default sign on account when booting uo win 10 on laptop

I have two accounts one local, admin no password. The other is microsoft acct, also admin. with password. Laptop boots up with local acct with no password. I want to boot up win 10 with the microsoft acct with password required. how do i make this change?

BIGrich049, Apr 27, 2016
  3. CurtissG Win User
    Multiple issues with my Windows 10 account

For the time being, I logged into the local admin account, removed my MS-connected account from the computer, then logged into my MS account with the local admin account.

If the problem pops up again, I'm going to have to find a better solution, because I can't keep blowing away all of my local data every few months in order to keep using Windows 10.

CurtissG, Apr 27, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 27, 2016
  5. gplea Win User
    Brink,

I'm sorry, but I thought I FINALLY had this whole stupid mess about which one was Local, and which one was Stnd. I thought the stinking Stnd one was the one that is advised to use for security purposes because it doesn't allow you to go but so deep into the security layers, and the Local one was what was required to make any major changes, like App installs, and such.

My Stnd one is the one that uses my Microsoft services pswd. I don't need to change that one. Does that make more sense?

gplea, Apr 27, 2016
  6. gplea Win User
    So, I finally figured out how to create a password reset disk, which was a ROYAL CRYPTIC PAIN IN THE @$$ in of itself. I formatted my flash drive, went thru the "Create Pswd Reset Disk" wizard. THEN, went to my Local Admin login, and clicked on "Reset Password". I started the wizard, typed in my password twice, and a hint, and it gave me a non-descript error "There's an error trying to create your new password". I tried a new password, with new passwrd hint...same error. I even tried NOT giving a hint. EVERY F-ING time it gives me the same error.

GEEZ!

gplea, Apr 27, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 27, 2016
  8. gplea Win User

It's the LOCAL Acct I'm trying to get into, NOT the Stnd/User, whatever they call it. It's NOT the MSoft account I'm trying to get into. I wouldn't have created the "Reset Pswd" disk if the LOCAL acct hadn't prompted me to.

gplea, Apr 27, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Do you have another administrator account that you can sign in to on the PC?

Brink, Apr 27, 2016
  10. gplea Win User
    The one I'm using now is the Stnd Admin, and I know that's the one because when I tried to install an app it asked me to log into the Local/ Master Admin acct, which I was unable to do. Can you tell me why I would have gotten the error when I tried to use the "Password Reset" disk, since that is NOT the acct that I'm using the M'Soft login?

gplea, Apr 27, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You got the error for the password reset disk since you would need to know your valid password to create it before you have an issue with your password to have the password reset disk available afterwards in case needed.

It doesn't work when you try to create the password reset disk after you have an issue with your password.

You might call ASUS back, and ask them what's up to see if they can let you what changes they made to your password to hopefully get access back.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Blow Away Local Admin Acct Password? - Similar Threads - Blow Away Local

2. Win 11 local acct. with no password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 local acct. with no password?: I've checked a few online suggestions but I've not found a place in settings yet that shows "sign in without password" or similar wording. On a windows 11 local account. When I follow step by step instructs from web suggestions what they show from window to window is not...
  3. Win 11 local acct. with no password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 local acct. with no password?: I've checked a few online suggestions but I've not found a place in settings yet that shows "sign in without password" or similar wording. On a windows 11 local account. When I follow step by step instructs from web suggestions what they show from window to window is not...
  4. PC's local access password versus Microsoft acct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC's local access password versus Microsoft acct password: I had an older PC where old local access password had expired when screen lock comes up and you need to type password to unlock. It did not reset properly and all subsequent attempt to regain access by resetting password failed all the methods on YouTube to get the CMD prompt...
  5. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  6. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  7. Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account: Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I...
  8. Admin acct

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin acct: I am admin. I read that I should also have a standard user acct for everyday work. How do I set that up? Then how will I know which acct I'm in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-acct/3fceec95-1516-406c-bade-b6610f105070
  9. First Boot Local Login Then Create Admin Acct??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    First Boot Local Login Then Create Admin Acct??: New computer. I hope I can explain this correctly and someone kindly tell me if my thinking is all wrong. At first boot I want to power up without an Internet connection. I don't want MS to start updating right away and I want to set up somethings first. I believe I know at...
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...