Windows 10: How to change Email for the Intial Adminstrator

Discus and support How to change Email for the Intial Adminstrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; long story short.. i signed up using mine and soon to be ex husbands email.. so naturally, i do not want to see this email anymore. 53974 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sage31379, Jun 20, 2016.

1. sage31379 Win User

How to change Email for the Intial Adminstrator

long story short.. i signed up using mine and soon to be ex husbands email.. so naturally, i do not want to see this email anymore.

:)

sage31379, Jun 20, 2016
  2. Ken Blake Win User

how to change the adminstrator

See ZigZag3143's reply and let me add the following: Windows does not have "the" administrator. Any account can either be an administrator or not. So there is no limit on the number of administrators there can be.

Ken Blake, Jun 20, 2016
  3. how to change the adminstrator

The administrator needs to log on go to control panel>user accounts>manage another account>change account type. Once you are an admin you can also change his to a reg user or leave it the way it is (there can be 2 admins)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 20, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Welcome to the Ten Forums.

You have two options, either use the existing Microsoft Account switching the email address, or to create a brand new user account using your preferred email address.

Option 1 - Switch Windows sign-in MS account email address:

Option 2 - Create a new user account, remove the old one:

Thema:

1. How to change Email for the Intial Adminstrator - Similar Threads - change Email Intial

2. Disk "D" not intialized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk "D" not intialized: Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did. But now, when I go to Disk Management, one of my drives is "unknown: not initialized" and when I try to go to initialize it is...
  3. Drive permissions changed for adminstrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive permissions changed for adminstrator.: Hi,I have removed the permission to read-write edit and access of T drive mistakenly.Need support to re-enable it. I have tried making a new user and giving administrator permissions. Still failed to access from there."Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container"This is the...
  4. Drive permissions changed for adminstrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive permissions changed for adminstrator.: Hi,I have removed the permission to read-write edit and access of T drive mistakenly.Need support to re-enable it. I have tried making a new user and giving administrator permissions. Still failed to access from there."Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container"This is the...
  5. how to change name of adminstrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to change name of adminstrator: how to change the administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-name-of-adminstrator/3afbeb2d-69e7-4a9d-b6d4-6accb1a4c687
  6. Remove adminstrator email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove adminstrator email: i wanted to log in into one of my emails through the windows 10 mail app, i had a local user, but when i logged in, that email was synced to my local administrator account and it doesn't seem like i can remove it, or switch back to a local account. is there anyway to remove...
  7. Cannot change adminstrator info

Cannot change adminstrator info: I forgot my Microsoft Account password to access administrator settings. The problem is that the email account associated with that account no longer exists. I need to change that email address and get a new password. Using Windows 10 130484
  8. Cannot change adminstrator info

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change adminstrator info: I forgot my Microsoft Account password to access administrator settings. The problem is that the email account associated with that account no longer exists. I need to change that email address and get a new password. Using Windows 10 130484
  9. adminstrator change

in Windows 10 Customization
    adminstrator change: I have never signed in as an administrator, my computer used by me only. However Brother printers say I have to to allow their product to work ( they signed in as admin to test and all worked) So my worry is that if I become the administrator, will I have to set the...
  10. How to remove adminstrator identity

How to remove adminstrator identity: I just purchased a new PC for my condo office. I made the mistake of using my personal email address when I set it up. Now my personal files can be seen on this machine. Is there any way to remove my identity from the machine? 77436