Windows 10: How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen

Discus and support How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been able to bypass login on startup but I still need to log in from the Lock Screen. Any way to prevent this? James 18622 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JamesJoey, Aug 22, 2015.

1. JamesJoey Win User

How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen

I've been able to bypass login on startup but I still need to log in from the Lock Screen.

Any way to prevent this?

James

:)

JamesJoey, Aug 22, 2015

2. How to Prevent IE from Automatically Logging In to Office 365

Thx. Tried this. No difference. This behavior only on IE11, not on other browsers. Only in Win10, not on Win7. Started recently, but nothing changed on my end.

PeterH_077, Aug 22, 2015
  3. How to Prevent IE from Automatically Logging In to Office 365

Hi,

It's odd that even after clearing the cache and cookies of the browser that you're using for your Office 365 login, the credentials of your account are still saved and let you to automatically log in. We appreciate that you tried to resolve your concern
    by checking the steps on the link that you provided. However, we suggest that you change your account password, then clear the cache and cookies again of the browser that you're using. Once done, check if the automatic log in persists. We also suggest that
    you reset the settings of the browser that you're using. Follow the steps in this
    article if you're using Internet Explorer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    They are all set to not to require a password

JamesJoey, Aug 22, 2015
  6. cyberSAR Win User
    cyberSAR, Aug 22, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  8. JamesJoey Win User

Yes, and it's set to 'Never'

JamesJoey, Aug 23, 2015
  9. JamesJoey Win User
    JamesJoey, Aug 23, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  11. JamesJoey Win User
    I went to Screen Saver Settings and saw no setting like that.
    I even checked the power setting for requiring a password on wake up and it is set to no.

JamesJoey, Aug 23, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It would be the On resume, display logon screen option.

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  13. JamesJoey Win User

I don't know what that has to do with requiring a password to log back in from the lock screen, but I ticked it anyway and I was still required me to enter my password.

JamesJoey, Aug 23, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would have wanted to uncheck that box. It's for requiring to have to enter a password when resuming from a screen saver.

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  15. JamesJoey Win User
    It is unchecked.

I checked it just for a test.

I then unchecked it.

JamesJoey, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Prevent Logging Lock

2. Safemode preventing me from logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safemode preventing me from logging in: After restarting with my laptop set to safe boot minimal, the PIN I normally used did not work. I’ve been using the PIN method for a long time so I’m unable to remember the original password. And it seems I can’t reenable the internet access either. I tried using an...
  3. How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?: My daughter forgot to sign out of our home PC yesterday, so when she tried to use her laptop at school she'd already used up all her time. I checked the time in family link and it was definitely over night while she slept. Surely there is a better way than expecting a...
  4. some apps prevent screen from locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  5. some apps prevent screen from locking

some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  6. Some apps prevent screen from locking

Some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  7. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...
  8. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...
  9. Unable to prevent screen from locking

Unable to prevent screen from locking: I have tried different things on this Windows 10 but cannot do away with this feature that locks my screen every time I walk away from it (after how long I am unsure but only a matter of minutes). It is annoying to have to keep logging in. I am placing this in the...
  10. how do i prevent windows from deleting lock screen spotlight images

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i prevent windows from deleting lock screen spotlight images: in this dire in run command %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets i can easily find lockscreens i do need these wallpapers but windows delete most of them and update them every short time how do i make it keeps...