Windows 10: How to prevent StartMenuExperienceHost.exe waking up my PC?

Discus and support How to prevent StartMenuExperienceHost.exe waking up my PC? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am restarting an old topic because I cannot for the life of me stop this process from waking my PC. My PC will enter sleep mode and turns back on 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mikepp33, Mar 6, 2020.

1. mikepp33 Win User

How to prevent StartMenuExperienceHost.exe waking up my PC?

I am restarting an old topic because I cannot for the life of me stop this process from waking my PC. My PC will enter sleep mode and turns back on 3 seconds later.

I have tried every fix on the interwebs, including those recommending from Microsoft. See link below

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e-waking/537b6473-83b3-49ee-a11d-312c9c44a36b

Has anyone figured this out?

:)

mikepp33, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

Hello zolotoy, How to prevent StartMenuExperienceHost.exe waking up my PC? :)

Check using Option Two in the tutorial below to see if there may be an event log that may help ID what woke your PC.

*Arrow See Wake Source in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

If a device is identified, then you could prevent it from being able to wake the PC.

Brink, Mar 6, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

Ok, here's the long version.. from my first link

This idea may or may not help you.

Then I said

You may also discover more by using the powercfg command (the above gives examples).
    At a command prompt you can of course use
    powercfg /?
    etc to examine options.

E.g. this which hopefully relates to your experience.
    How to stop Logitech Wireless mice from waking PC from sleep - CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory - Linus Tech Tips

·

dalchina, Mar 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How to prevent StartMenuExperienceHost.exe waking up my PC? - Similar Threads - prevent StartMenuExperienceHost exe

2. How to prevent a device from waking up PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent a device from waking up PC?: My computer woke up at night, recently after I put it to sleep. This is what the command prompt says about what woke it upWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  3. How to prevent a device from waking up PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent a device from waking up PC?: My computer woke up at night, recently after I put it to sleep. This is what the command prompt says about what woke it upWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  4. How to prevent notifications to wake up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent notifications to wake up Windows 11: Every time I receive a notification, my laptop running on Windows 11, wakes up from sleep, remains on for a couple of seconds and then goes back to sleep. However, sometimes it doesn't go back to sleep and stays on until its battery drains. It mostly happens when the laptop...
  5. How to prevent notifications to wake up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent notifications to wake up Windows 11: Every time I receive a notification, my laptop running on Windows 11, wakes up from sleep, remains on for a couple of seconds and then goes back to sleep. However, sometimes it doesn't go back to sleep and stays on until its battery drains. It mostly happens when the laptop...
  6. How to wake up my pc from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to wake up my pc from sleep: Problem is that every time I put my computer to sleep or it goes to sleep on its own, after the blue light indicating the power is on goes out, after i try to wake it up, the light turns back on but the screen stays black. I always end up having to force shut down then turn...
  7. Windows keeps waking up from sleep: StartMenuExperienceHost

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows keeps waking up from sleep: StartMenuExperienceHost: Windows 10.0.19042.1288 20H2I've had this problem previously, it's a very common issue by the way, where Windows is randomly waken up by the "StartMenuExperienceHost.exe" wake timer.Last time I went into great lengths to fix it because the "Allow wake timers" setting was...
  8. StartMenuExperienceHost Waking PC almost instantly after putting PC to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartMenuExperienceHost Waking PC almost instantly after putting PC to sleep: Hello, as the title says it's impossible to keep my PC asleep. I have no available updates and have troubleshooted as well as tried just about every solution I've found on here and elsewhere. "powercfg /wake timers" reads- "Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  9. How do I delete a wake timer created for startmenuexperiencehost?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I delete a wake timer created for startmenuexperiencehost?: I have a script running as a scheduled task that used to delete all wake timers, including the ones that ignored the setting in the power settings that specified that I really really really don't want any wake timers waking me up in the middle of the night. But now I'm on...
  10. StartMenuExperienceHost

in Windows 10 Customization
    StartMenuExperienceHost: Why is startmenuexperiencehost.exe is runnig in the GPU and not in the CPU? And how do i change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startmenuexperiencehost/f90b1e5f-7f75-4f43-a9b4-ffd5b9eba920

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startmenuexperiencehost.exe wake timer

2. start menu experience host wake timer

3. startmenuexperiencehost wake timer

4. startmenuexperiencehost sleep,
  5. startmenuexperiencehost.exe starten