Windows 10: How to remove gaps between tiles in Windows 10 start menu

Discus and support How to remove gaps between tiles in Windows 10 start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have created additional rows of tiles in the windows 10 start menu tile section. How do I remove the gaps in between the tiles? I took a screenshot,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Rittman, Mar 19, 2020.

1. How to remove gaps between tiles in Windows 10 start menu

I have created additional rows of tiles in the windows 10 start menu tile section. How do I remove the gaps in between the tiles? I took a screenshot, and circled the gaps I would like to eliminate.

https://imgur.com/a/bmL9ZwC

:)

Paul Rittman, Mar 19, 2020

2. How do I remove the margin from the tiles in start menu.

Is there a way to remove the margin, the gaps, between the tiles in the start menu?

How to remove gaps between tiles in Windows 10 start menu [​IMG]

Right now my start menu looks like this, but I want to remove the gap between the squares to make it look like a white sheet with icons on it. I cannot find a setting for this in the windows 10 settings, so I figured there might be some customization tool available that can do it for me.

lyktstolpe, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 I can't remove a tile from the start menu.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to remove a tile from the start screen of a deleted folder.

Use the following steps to remove tiles from your Start Screen.

Please follow the below steps to remove the tile.

• Press the Windows (
      How to remove gaps between tiles in Windows 10 start menu [​IMG]
      ) key
      to open the Start screen.
    • Right-click on the tile you want to remove.
    • Select Unpin from Start to remove the tile.
    Ideally, the above steps should remove the tile which you want to. However, if it fails to, I would suggest you to Restore Default Start Screen Tiles. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter the following command: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows, which will open the Microsoft Windows App-data folder.
    • Scroll down to find these two files, namely, item-data file and the item-data.bak.
    • Select both files to delet, right-click on it and select Delete option to send it to the Recycle bin. Don’t press Shift to delete it permanently, let it go to recycle bin. On the safe side you can make a backup copy of these two files on another disk location.
    • Restart your PC or log out and log in again. Now you will see Windows 8.x Start Screen reset to default tiles.
    • Now re-arrange the tile as you want and new tiles will also be created automatily when you install any apps from Store.
    Note: If anything went wrong and you want to revert start screen tiles to your tiles. restore item data files from recycle bin or from the location where you backed up to the Windows app data folder.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How to remove gaps between tiles in Windows 10 start menu

Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu

Read more:

How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Live Tile Notifications on Start in Windows 10

How to Clear Your Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

How to remove gaps between tiles in Windows 10 start menu

1. How to remove gaps between tiles in Windows 10 start menu - Similar Threads - remove gaps between

2. Gap between icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between icons: I do not know what I did…….last thing remember was accidentally pinned a program to the taskbar……then I unpinned it now have this gap in between icons?Any answers thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gap-between-icons/29c0797c-b3ff-40cc-aa73-4993555cb24f
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: I have just had a Windows 10 Update 1st May 2021 and my People App tile has disappeared from the Start screen. It is not even listed in the alphabetical list of Apps. But I can still access People from the email account and the Calendar App. Is there any way I can get the...
  4. How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu: Hello, I have a question regarding a recent Windows 10 update, which introduced theme aware tiles in the Start Menu, making the tiles themselves transparent. The Start Menu is already transparent, and because of the desktop background I have, having transparent tiles...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles I had a Windows update yesterday Saturday 14 November 2020. There is now no longer any background colour on most of the tiles on the Start menu. Most of them are now just a white background with black text. Looking at Settings,...
  6. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  7. How to remove this tiles thingy from my start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove this tiles thingy from my start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jiimeh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi2igw/how_to_remove_this_tiles_thingy_from_my_start_menu/
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Hi Team, I need to remove the Windows 10 Start Menu all the Tiles for particular domain user only through registry value. Please suggest the same. Regards Natarajan...
  9. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove the space between tiles windows 10 start menu