Windows 10: Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information The pinned to your Start screen cache the data that flips across them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by oneLess, Mar 8, 2017.

1. oneLess Win User

Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10

How to: Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10

Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The pinned to your Start screen cache the data that flips across them. Sometimes when you delete something, the cached version will still show up on the live tile of an app.

Clearing the live tile cache will reset the live tiles to update them.

This tutorial will show you how to clear the live tile cache for your account in Windows 10.

Tip You can look at the value of the ResetCacheCount DWORD in the registry key below to see how many times your live tile cache has been reset after being reset using the downloadable .bat file.

*Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\StateStore

EXAMPLE: Live tiles on Start

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
    Clear_Live_Tile_cache.bat

Download

Note Contents of the .bat file:
    Code:
    2. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .bat file.

4. Run the .bat file.

5. You will now notice your screen flicker as a command prompt quickly opens and closes to run the command to reset the live tile cache, then restarts the explorer process to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

oneLess, Mar 8, 2017

2. clear the cache on the live tiles in Windows 10

original Title - Live tiles

SO I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm having a problem with some of the Live Tiles on the start menu it's showing old pictures that I have deleted. On windows 8 and 8.1 there was a way to clear the cache on the live tiles and I can not find a way to
    do it on Windows 10. Can anybody help me?

The Colonel96, Mar 8, 2017
  3. J355Y Win User
    Calendar app live tile displaying events from an exchange account (work) that I have removed already.

Original title: Calendar app live tile cache problem

Hi there,

I'm having issues with the Windows 10 Start menu Calendar app
    live tile display.

It is still displaying events from an exchange account (work) that I have removed from the calendar app... Is there any way to clear the cache?

I tried :

- Turning the live tile on/off/on/off....

- Logging off/on

- Rebooting

- Disk cleanup including system files

Nothing..... Any ideas?

Thanks in adavance, Jessy.

J355Y, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello C, *Smile

Setting ResetCache to 1 and restarting explorer process is what resets the live tile cache.

After explorer as been restarted, ResetCache gets automatically set back to 0 (non-reset state), and the ResetCacheCount value automatically increases by 1 for how many total times the live tile cache has been reset.

Brink, Mar 8, 2017
  5. oneLess Win User
    So, its time to update Tip and first picture

c

oneLess, Mar 8, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The tutorial pretty much already states all that.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Live Tile

2. How to clear the Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear the Cache in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There are times when users must make efforts to clear their Windows 10 cache, […] This article How to clear the Cache in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  4. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  5. Clearing cach - windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clearing cach - windows 10: How do I clear cache? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cach-windows-10/42366b1a-40dd-4395-b170-b5137b4f0bd7
  6. Windows 10 Live tile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Live tile: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro, and i'm not getting the live tile feed. For some apps only. (Microsoft store, Photo,etc) Please help me to fix this issue. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-live-tile/b6167eb7-5c19-4d27-90ba-9d046c4ac1b6"
  7. Clear 'Live Tiles' using a script or Command..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear 'Live Tiles' using a script or Command..?: Does anyone know how to clear ALL the Live Tiles from the Windows 10 Start Menu using a script or by editing a file/files? Have tried a number of Registry Edits, adding and deleting keys, but to no avail... The goal is to have a Start Menu with no extra space to the right...
  8. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  9. Live tiles doesn't work, maybe damaged store cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tiles doesn't work, maybe damaged store cache: many live tiles of my start menu doesn't work (msn news, store), i checked the win throubleshooting and say me that cache is damaged, what can i do for fix this? i also saw that if i uninstall msn news, and i reinstall again without open it, the tile work, when i open it the...
  10. Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Live Tile Notifications on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information A tile is an app’s representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. A static tile...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetcachecount

2. windows 10 live tile cache