Windows 10: Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Live Tile Notifications on Start in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Live Tile Notifications on Start in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information A tile is an app’s representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live.

A static tile displays the default content, which is generally just the name and a full-tile logo image for the app.

Live tiles can show updates from your friends, new email, app notifications, and the next appointment on your calendar at a glance, even without opening an app. And because everyone who uses the PC can sign in with their own Microsoft account, each person can personalize their own tiles, colors, and backgrounds.

If live tiles were disabled, the tiles would only be static.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable live tiles on Start for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable live tiles on Start.

Note For reference, the group policy setting will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications

NoTileApplicationNotification DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

Unfortunately, manually editing the registry above instead of using group policy below will not work to be applied to all users.

*Busted This will only work if you use group policy in the tutorial steps below.

EXAMPLE: Live Tiles on Start enabled and disabled

Here's How:

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

Note Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar/Notifications

4. Do step 5 (disable) or step 6 (enable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Disable Live Tiles on Start for All Users

Note While step 5A will disable live tiles on Start, any live tiles in the cache will still show until cleared.

Step 5B will clear the live tile cache.

A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 6)

B) step 7 below.

6. To Enable Live Tiles on Start for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

B) If you like, step 7 below.

7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.

8. restart the computer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 24, 2018
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Start Menu Live Tiles All Of Them Stopped Being Live

There's an article here that explains globally turning live tiles off and on. If you are running Win 10 Home, you can't use the Group Policy method, but you can look at the Registry entry and change if it is set wrong.

Also a tutorial here on TF with the same instructions:

*Arrow Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Take a look at the article, maybe something got set wrong...

*Arrow https://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-live-tiles-feature-for-all-apps-in-windows-8-and-later/

f14tomcat, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 26, 2019
  4. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Oct 26, 2019
  5. windows 10 live tiles not going live

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To make sure the live tile feature is enabled, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check again.

1. Right click on one of the app (For eg. Xbox app) and select "more".

2. Select "turn live tile on".

Check if that changes the tiles.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Live

2. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows 10 Live tile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Live tile: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro, and i'm not getting the live tile feed. For some apps only. (Microsoft store, Photo,etc) Please help me to fix this issue. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-live-tile/b6167eb7-5c19-4d27-90ba-9d046c4ac1b6"
  4. Live Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  5. Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working: Hello. Just got a new computer today, win10 64-bit, i7. i can add apps to the live tiles, but then when i go to move them around or resize them, the start menu crashes. if i open it up again, the apps i added are gone, leaving only the ones that were already there. this...
  6. Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 A Tile is an image that represents a pinned app on Start. Live tiles on Start display information that are useful at a glance without opening...
  7. can you have Live Tiles on Desktop and can it be disabled in start?

in Windows 10 Support
    can you have Live Tiles on Desktop and can it be disabled in start?: Any way at all to have live tiles be on the desktop instead of in start menu? I don't undertand why MS tucked the live tiles into start menu? If they are afraid that it would interfere with desktop icons, then they should make live tiles be dockable or make it so that a live...
  8. Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10: How to: Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage. If...
  9. Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10: How to: Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information The pinned to your Start screen cache the data that flips across them. Sometimes when you delete something, the cached version will still show up on the live tile of an app. Clearing the live tile...
  10. Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10 A tile is a modern apps representation on the Start screen in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. Windows 10 includes a new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable tiles from registry to all users