Windows 10: How to rename items in the Win+X menu of Windows 10

Discus and support How to rename items in the Win+X menu of Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The WINKEY + X shortcut context menu is a great medium to launch various utilities like Power Options, Windows PowerShell, and more.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 11, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to rename items in the Win+X menu of Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10  

Hello Slugger, How to rename items in the Win+X menu of Windows 10 :)

Here are a few tutorials below to help with some. Let me know if you need one for another item.

Brink, Jun 11, 2019
  3. oneLess Win User
    Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10  

If exist a list of shortcuts for default win-x entries
    (like custom [win-x + c] for control panel in 1703)
    would be nice to see it here.

the letters are not underlined in win-x menu.

c

oneLess, Jun 11, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?

Hi,
    If you create a folder- call it, say '& My Favourites' - which should put it at the top of the list in the start menu- in
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
    -and put whatever shortcuts you want in it, I would think you would get access to those easily.

1. Open explorer (Win key + E)
    2. Cut & paste C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu into the address bar
    3. Hit 'Return'
    4. rt click the pane and create a new folder.
    5. Rename it (e.g.) &Myfavourites
    (& makes sure it's at the top)
    6. Put whatever shortcuts you want into the folder.
    7. Close explorer.
    8. Open the Win 10 Start Menu and look for &Myfavourites

Someone else may have another suggestion for you. Good luck!

dalchina, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to rename items in the Win+X menu of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - rename items Win+X

2. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal in Win+X menu: Is there a valid, not garantue vouching way to get Terminal in the Win+X menu on Windows 10? As Windows 11 seems to be a bit over the top for a Lenovo L13 Yoga I just installed W10 on it only to realize that my favourite app "Terminal" is not sitting where I had it in WIn11...
  3. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Terminal in Win+X menu: Is there a valid, not garantue vouching way to get Terminal in the Win+X menu on Windows 10? As Windows 11 seems to be a bit over the top for a Lenovo L13 Yoga I just installed W10 on it only to realize that my favourite app "Terminal" is not sitting where I had it in WIn11...
  4. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Rename item in New context menu

Rename item in New context menu: There are many well descripted sources about how to add/delete item from context menu new – for instance Edit, Add, Remove items from New Context Menu in Windows 10 – but none of them states how to rename such item in reliable way. I found article Change Name/Description...
  6. Rename start menu item Windows 10

Rename start menu item Windows 10: I have installed different versions of an application but they all appear as "ABC application". How can I can name each one uniquely ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-start-menu-item-windows-10/db44fa34-1d71-4466-b7b9-94644bb88dc5
  7. Rename Shortcuts in Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Shortcuts in Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10: How to: Rename Shortcuts in Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 How to Rename Shortcuts in Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power...
  8. How to use Win+X Menu Editor

How to use Win+X Menu Editor: Hi guys, Does anyone know how this works?? I have downloaded this utility, but I am unsure how to use it. I would like to add a "Recent Items" entry to my Win+X menu, using the path:- %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\ However I can't figure how this is...
  9. Add or Remove Default Items on Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Default Items on Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Default Items on Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Default Items on Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  10. Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu: How to: Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu How to Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10 PC. Some of these...