Windows 10: I accidentally uninstalled Math Recognized from the optional features in Windows 10

Discus and support I accidentally uninstalled Math Recognized from the optional features in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I accidentally uninstalled Math Recognized from the optional feature in Windows settings (Windows 10). After that, I went to the list of features in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alva D. F., Nov 17, 2019.

1. I accidentally uninstalled Math Recognized from the optional features in Windows 10

I accidentally uninstalled Math Recognized from the optional feature in Windows settings (Windows 10). After that, I went to the list of features in settings to reinstall it. But unfortunately, it is not there.

:)

Alva D. F., Nov 17, 2019

2. I Can't Install Maths Recognizer in Windows 10 Education

I accidentally uninstalled Maths Recognizer from the optional feature in Windows Settings. When I go to the list of features in settings to reinstall it, it is not there. Can someone help me reinstall it ASAP.

Windows Version:

Windows 10 Education 1903

Specs:

Intel Core i7-8565U

16GB RAM

MX150 Geforce Graphics

128GB SSD

1TB HDD

Thanks,

Kendrick

KendrickBui, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Install or Uninstall Microsoft Paint in Optional Features

How to Install or Uninstall Microsoft Paint (mspaint) in Windows 10

Microsoft Paint (formerly Paintbrush) is a simple raster graphics editor that has been included with all versions of Microsoft Windows. The program opens and saves files in Windows bitmap (BMP), JPEG, GIF, PNG, and single-page TIFF formats. The program can be in color mode or two-color black-and-white, but there is no grayscale mode.

In July 2017, Microsoft added Paint to the list of deprecated Windows features and announced that it would become a free standalone application in Microsoft Store, and also included a warning in the Paint application that it eventually won't be installed by default. However, Paint continued to be included with Windows 10 in later builds, and eventually an update removed the deprecation warning from the app.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18980, Microsoft converted MS Paint into an Option Feature for you to uninstall or reinstall to save disk space if needed.

This tutorial will show you how to install or uninstall the classic Microsoft Paint (mspaint) app for all users in Windows 10.

While you can uninstall Microsoft Paint if wanted, it currently will fail to reinstall afterwards.

Until this is fixed in a future build of Windows 10, you can do a repair install of Windows 10 to restore Microsoft Paint.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Install or Uninstall Microsoft Paint in Optional Features
    • Option Two: Install or Uninstall Microsoft Paint in Command Prompt

EXAMPLE: Microsoft Paint

I accidentally uninstalled Math Recognized from the optional features in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I accidentally uninstalled Math Recognized from the optional features in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Install or Uninstall Microsoft Paint in Optional Features
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Apps icon.

2 Click/tap on Apps & features on the left side, and click/tap on the Optional features link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3 Do step 4 (install) or step 5 (uninstall) below for what you would like to do.

4. To Install Microsoft Paint
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on Add a feature. (see screenshot below)

B) Scroll down, check Microsoft Paint, click/tap on Install, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

5. To Uninstall Microsoft Paint
    A) Scroll down, click/tap on Microsoft Paint under Installed features, click/tap on the Uninstall button, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshots below)

6 You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Install or Uninstall Microsoft Paint in Command Prompt
    You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

1 Open an elevated command prompt.

2 Do step 3 (install) or step 4 (uninstall) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Install Microsoft Paint
    This is the default setting.

A) Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 5 below.

*Arrow DISM /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Microsoft.Windows.MSPaint~~~~0.0.1.0

4. To Uninstall Microsoft Paint
    A) Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 5 below.

*Arrow DISM /Online /Remove-Capability /CapabilityName:Microsoft.Windows.MSPaint~~~~0.0.1.0
    5 You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 17, 2019
  4. I accidentally uninstalled Math Recognized from the optional features in Windows 10

How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

I accidentally uninstalled Math Recognized from the optional features in Windows 10

1. I accidentally uninstalled Math Recognized from the optional features in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - accidentally uninstalled Math

2. What is math recognizer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is math recognizer?: I was clearing up space on windows when i noticed an optional feature named math recognizer. What happens if i delete it and do i need it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-math-recognizer/43b5adef-ff74-4365-b0e6-5f0524251427
  3. What is math recognizer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is math recognizer?: I was clearing up space on windows when i noticed an optional feature named math recognizer. What happens if i delete it and do i need it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-math-recognizer/43b5adef-ff74-4365-b0e6-5f0524251427
  4. What is math recognizer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Accidentally "removed" an already uninstalled file from apps & features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally "removed" an already uninstalled file from apps & features: Hello,Long story short, my cousin once installed a game on my computer that then I deleted, it was taking up 40GB, but even after I uninstalled it those 40GB were still there, then I checked apps & features, I wasn't able to uninstall it there because it said it was already...
  6. Accidentally "removed" an already uninstalled file from apps & features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally "removed" an already uninstalled file from apps & features: Hello,Long story short, my cousin once installed a game on my computer that then I deleted, it was taking up 40GB, but even after I uninstalled it those 40GB were still there, then I checked apps & features, I wasn't able to uninstall it there because it said it was already...
  7. Accidentally "removed" an already uninstalled file from apps & features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How to reinstall Math Recognizer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reinstall Math Recognizer?: I delete Math Recognizer by mistake. How Could I reinstall it? I tried to reinstall it on ADD FUNCTION PANEL, but there is no Math Recognizer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-math-recognizer/56e092f4-8c3e-4fb4-b337-af7481289bc0
  9. I Can't Install Maths Recognizer in Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Can't Install Maths Recognizer in Windows 10 Education: I accidentally uninstalled Maths Recognizer from the optional feature in Windows Settings. When I go to the list of features in settings to reinstall it, it is not there. Can someone help me reinstall it ASAP. Windows Version: Windows 10 Education 1903 Specs: Intel Core...
  10. Uninstalling Optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling Optional features: Hi. I want to uninstall Optional features, now that we can in W10 1903. But I dont want to "lose" Internet Explorer or Windows media player. I dont use this programs but IE is the only other browser that I have other than Firefox and Windows media player is the only other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 calculator uninstalled accidental

2. windows install math recognizer