Windows 10: I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator

Discus and support I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, I've noticed just today that I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator. I saw some people say that they have issues with all Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xlostlightx, Oct 27, 2016.

1. I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator

Hello there, I've noticed just today that I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator. I saw some people say that they have issues with all Windows Apps in this case, but for me, Photos, Camera, and a few others I tested all work fine. However, Store (and Calculator) both crash as soon as they begin loading. The window comes up, then vanishes. :/ I've been looking for solutions for hours now. I've tried so many things to no avail. I'm so lost.

Here are some of my failed attempts at trying to fix it:

I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator [​IMG]

The only thing I haven't done as yet is do a repair installation thing where Windows re-installs but keeps your personal files, but I'm honestly not very eager to do so because I really don't have the time to go re-installing a multitude apps/programs that I use all the time. T_T I honestly haven't even downloaded any Apps from the store as yet, but I like checking now and then to see if there's anything useful. Not being able to open it at all is annoying. Even more annoying is the fact that Calculator doesn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

xlostlightx, Oct 27, 2016
  2. Xuorel54 Win User

way to lanch calculator

Thank you for your answer.

but it doesn't work. First time i clic on my new shortchut calculator launch. But then, nothing apens, nor windows switch on opened calculator window, nor a new calculator appears.

Xuorel54, Oct 27, 2016
  3. windows 10 update

I involuntarily had windows 10 updates foisted on me this week and as a consequence the following occurred:

I have no windows calculator

the windows store doesn't work

therefore I can't download an app for the calculator

nor will I be able to download Office 365 because the store doesn't work

my notifications will not open

in fact much of the taskbar functions are defunct

I had to download another Start Menu

Cortana doesn't work - not that it is of much use anyway

A CD Rom will work but only half the features on it - the interactive part of it is defunct

I could go on....and on...

Michael Gittins

michaelgittins, Oct 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator

dalchina, Oct 27, 2016
  5. I did the in-place repair, and now Store doesn't open at all. I can click it how many times - nothing will happen. Calculator still crashes. I'll check the other solutions. T_T

xlostlightx, Oct 28, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    The problem where all Modern Windows Apps briefly flash open then close immediately has been around since they were introduced in Windows 8. The fault seems to be related to permissions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2798317

7. Steve C Win User
    Have you tried the Troubleshooter for Windows Store Apps (as Administrator)?

Steve C, Oct 29, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

You can try Tweaking.com's cautious free repair tool, select only the repair for registry permissions.

dalchina, Oct 29, 2016
  9. efhale Win User
    I had a similar problem. After changing the calculator type/option to "Date Calculation" it failed and would not open. I was able to fix it by resetting it as follows: 1). Enter "apps" in the Windows 10 Cortana search box and select Apps & Features. (This is just one of many ways to open the Apps & Features window) 2). Enter "calc" in the Search this list box. 3). Select Calculator. 4). Select "Advanced Options". 5). Select the "Reset" button.

efhale, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator - Similar Threads - can't open Store

2. I cannot open mircosoft store nor any games on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open mircosoft store nor any games on it: When i tried the "wsreset" on "run" and this popped up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-mircosoft-store-nor-any-games-on-it/84097bd0-efd3-48f3-9a5d-bb0482a2ead7
  3. I cannot open mircosoft store nor any games on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot open mircosoft store nor any games on it: When i tried the "wsreset" on "run" and this popped up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-mircosoft-store-nor-any-games-on-it/84097bd0-efd3-48f3-9a5d-bb0482a2ead7
  4. Microsoft store wont open nor reinstall.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store wont open nor reinstall.: So recently for some reason the microsoft store will not open. I have tried resetting the cache put it keeps giving me errors and Im trying not to resort to resetting my pc. is there any way around it??...
  5. Microsoft store wont open nor reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont open nor reinstall.: So recently for some reason the microsoft store will not open. I have tried resetting the cache put it keeps giving me errors and Im trying not to resort to resetting my pc. is there any way around it??...
  6. Microsoft store wont open nor reinstall.

7. Microsoft store not opening nor in apps and features

Microsoft store not opening nor in apps and features: Title says all I got this after resetting microsoft store because of apps not downloadingWhat I tried:Set-ExecutionPolicy UnrestrictedGet-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  8. Windows store not responding - Can't install calculator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows store not responding - Can't install calculator: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_humanonly [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j150m7/windows_store_not_responding_cant_install/
  9. Windows Calculator Not Opening

Windows Calculator Not Opening: The Calculator Splash screen will come up, then it immediately closes. That's it. I had previously Transferred the profile from an older computer to a newer computer using MizWig, I even backed up the AppData folder, I'm wondering if this is the source of the problems....
  10. Windows Calculator & Store Not opening and displaying white icon

Windows Calculator & Store Not opening and displaying white icon: Hi, I am new to these forums so I hope this is placed in the correct section. I have been googling for a while now and I cannot find anything which is helping me. About a week ago the calculator started opening and then closing instantly so I tried re-registering the...