Windows 10: I have some questions about microsoft edge

Discus and support I have some questions about microsoft edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 1) Can you get the avast online security add on? 2) How do you add favorites to the favorites bar? I set a site as a favorite and it didn't get added... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tim87, Oct 21, 2015.

1. tim87 Win User

I have some questions about microsoft edge

1) Can you get the avast online security add on?
    2) How do you add favorites to the favorites bar? I set a site as a favorite and it didn't get added to the favorites bar
    3) Why does it freeze so often? The first time I opened edge I went to tap on a tab and nothing would happen so I had to close the browser. I opened it again and shortly after the same thing happened.
    4) Is it faster and more reliable than firefox?

:)

tim87, Oct 21, 2015
  2. MikeinCA Win User

Actually I have some questions about WP7

1) You can still use the People tile and it will find by company name.

2) I think you can only select a word, not a phrase, by pressing and holding until the cursor displays and then tap again.

3) This feature isn't present yet

4) Feature no longer present

MikeinCA, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Actually I have some questions about WP7

• How to look for a contact by company or any other field?
    • How to select an entire phrase to edit ?
    • How to copy & paste?
    • What about task management? It desapeared from wm 6.1
    • When will it be the Portuguese localized version?
    • When will it be the marketplace for Portugal?

Antonio Queiros, Oct 21, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Question 1 last modified July 24 said then did not support Microsoft Edge
    https://www.winhelp.us/avast-free-antivirus-additional-protections.html

Question 2 look through tutorial here,towards bottom more tutorials for Edge https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

How does rest of system react except for freezes with Edge, is this only time it freezes ? Done all windows updates ? How long has this been happening with Edge, since upgrade ?

Question 4, Edge is fast, yes, but does not yet have as many features or add-ons as other browsers. As a Firefox user myself i would it is more refined then Edge as of now, but in time as updates come Edge will get better. Be many different opinions on this.

jds63, Oct 21, 2015
  5. tim87 Win User
    I upgraded to 10 yesterday. I've only opened edge twice since then and it froze both times. The only thing that would freeze at the time would be the browser. My pc is up to date.

tim87, Oct 21, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Seen this issue months back with the start of the upgrade with Edge,did not see an exact kind of resolve as it was new then, but have not seen any issues anymore here. As with freeze up in a particular app only is rare unless corrupted. Try to reset it first https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/reset-microsoft-edge-to-default-in-windows-10.8465/

When you say updated my PC mean all of the newest system drivers from the PC manufacturer's site for Windows 10 ? Also Video card updates.

jds63, Oct 21, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Site here HP, something that is always needed to do after upgrading to another OS to update system drivers.
    Just upgrading a day ago,i would keep checking windows update in all settings, run it manually as might not of also received all your updates yet.
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/...30AQO5O3KA30R1

jds63, Oct 21, 2015
  8. tim87 Win User

I asked this in my other thread, but could I just go to that hp site and update all the drivers? or will it mess something up if a certain driver I try to update is already up to date?

tim87, Oct 21, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Most important would be from the driver audio to the driver storage updates as i see all were updated this month, if update is already there the OS will let you know and you can cancel install of it then. If uncertain on how to install certain ones, let me know. Since laptop was just upgraded it is most likely it has not optimized itself and received all windows updates yet.

Other things to check, but i would do this first. Like system configurations, startup items. Ones after Driver Storage are some optional software updates plus BIOS and Hard Drive Firmware, would be not concerned with this yet. Windows 10 itself may have already updated some drivers for you, this i am not sure unless i can see it.

jds63, Oct 21, 2015
  10. tim87 Win User
    So I went to the hp site and updated all the "recommended" drivers and now my laptop locks up in the middle of restarting

UPDATE: I tried doing a system restore to try and fix the problem and during the restart part it locked up again. So I had to hold the power button to turn my pc off. I turned it back on and it wouldn't boot up, so I had to do a factory restore. So now I have to wait for my windows 10 upgrade again. *Sad

tim87, Oct 21, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    I never said all the drivers just up to driver storage, sorry if i did not say to install drivers 1 at a time. Windows 10 may of had some of these drivers in the Windows 10 already need to check device manager to know, as said would of told you if they were newer version when trying to install those drivers. Could of tried a refresh also before rolling back to older OS.

Can download the ISO and do the upgrade instead of waiting or use Media Creation tool. Also decide on a clean install of Windows 10.

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/download-windows-10-iso-file.1980/

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Clean install, need to make sure to backup all files and added software before this or even upgrade only.
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First

jds63, Oct 22, 2015
  12. tim87 Win User
    I know, but I thought I'd update the "recommended" drivers anyways since I'm pretty sure they were out of date since they were on the list of drivers for my pc. When I would update one of the drivers it wouldn't be on the list anymore, so that told me they were out of date. Also, what do you mean by "up to driver storage"?

tim87, Oct 22, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

What do you mean when you update one of the drivers it would not be on the list again ?
    If look at site here it starts off with Driver Audio, so i meant ones i would do were from here to Driver storage this page for now only. Although the driver storage being Intel rapid storage technology drivers usually installed before an Operating system.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/...30AQO5O3KA30R1

jds63, Oct 22, 2015
  14. tim87 Win User
    Once I updated one of the drivers on the list, it would be taken off the list.

tim87, Oct 22, 2015
  15. tim87 Win User
    Also, since my laptop came out in 2014, does that mean every driver on the pc is out of date?

tim87, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

1. I have some questions about microsoft edge - Similar Threads - questions microsoft edge

2. Some questions about BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some questions about BSoD: Hello , I'm new here and i'm not sure if i sent this thread in right place .. I have Some question and cant find answer ,I would be grateful if anyone could help me to find answers . _________________________________________________ As i Have win7 i'm not sure i can ask about...
  3. I have some questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have some questions: Not a problem with any apps on my pc or my phone but I would like to ask you some questions, some might be off-topic but before I begin, suppose you made QnA video on Facebook or YouTube, remind me when it's time. Okay, let's begin with: 1 How are the projects going ? I...
  4. I have some questions about Windows 10..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have some questions about Windows 10..: Right now i'm using Windows 10 for about 3 years.. Iknow how to make it Faster and reduce lagg and speed it up but i want to know if there is more to do than just Disabling/deleting the inbuilt-apps and crap but i didn't disabled The telemetry because it will mess things...
  5. Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles: As much as I hate to admit it, the new browser is fantastic. The browser itself is blazingly fast, and synchronisation between different machines is almost instantaneous. That said, something weird is happening. I primarily use two machines (desktop and laptop), and two...
  6. Some questions about Licensing of Microsoft products

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some questions about Licensing of Microsoft products: 1. What service in Windows Server need Client Access LicenseCAL? 1.1. For example, if a company setup 2 Windows ServerWinSvr to be domain controller, and there are 10 users and 15 PCs in this domain. How many CAL is needed? 1.2. If a company use IIS on WinSvr to build a...
  7. I have some questions about replacing a hard drive

I have some questions about replacing a hard drive: (My english isnt very good so just bear with me) I have been thinking about replacing my 250 gb hard drive on my pc for a 1tb hard drive. But this is my first time replacing something on my pc so i have a few questions What do i have to do before replacing my hard drive...
  8. I have a suggestion about the Microsoft Store.. (not a question)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have a suggestion about the Microsoft Store.. (not a question): Suggestion: The apps in the "Available Updates" section should have a button that lists what's new on the version. That way, the user shouldn't have to just manually open the apps info. That's all.[ATTACH]...
  9. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  10. some questions about 'about:config'

in Browsers and Email
    some questions about 'about:config': I would like to increase the width of the scrollbar in Palemoon from 2.5mm to 5mm. I seem to be missing the bar quite often when I try to click it. So annoying. I went into 'about:config' and discovered there were just over 60 lines with the word 'scroll' in each of them but...