Windows 10: Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu

Discus and support Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; What you need to know Windows 10's live tiles could be removed soon as part of a redesign of the Start Menu. A report claims that static icons could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu

Read more:

How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Live Tile Notifications on Start in Windows 10

How to Clear Your Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Feb 26, 2020

2. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 I can't remove a tile from the start menu.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to remove a tile from the start screen of a deleted folder.

Use the following steps to remove tiles from your Start Screen.

Please follow the below steps to remove the tile.

• Press the Windows (
      Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu [​IMG]
      ) key
      to open the Start screen.
    • Right-click on the tile you want to remove.
    • Select Unpin from Start to remove the tile.
    Ideally, the above steps should remove the tile which you want to. However, if it fails to, I would suggest you to Restore Default Start Screen Tiles. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter the following command: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows, which will open the Microsoft Windows App-data folder.
    • Scroll down to find these two files, namely, item-data file and the item-data.bak.
    • Select both files to delet, right-click on it and select Delete option to send it to the Recycle bin. Don’t press Shift to delete it permanently, let it go to recycle bin. On the safe side you can make a backup copy of these two files on another disk location.
    • Restart your PC or log out and log in again. Now you will see Windows 8.x Start Screen reset to default tiles.
    • Now re-arrange the tile as you want and new tiles will also be created automatily when you install any apps from Store.
    Note: If anything went wrong and you want to revert start screen tiles to your tiles. restore item data files from recycle bin or from the location where you backed up to the Windows app data folder.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu

1. Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Live Tiles may

2. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu: I want to remove this either through registry or through GPO so it does not display as a tile. I logged in with local admin credentials and unpinned it but still it appears for other users .I want only Microsoft Edge to appear and not the STORE....
  3. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu: I want to remove this either through registry or through GPO so it does not display as a tile. I logged in with local admin credentials and unpinned it but still it appears for other users .I want only Microsoft Edge to appear and not the STORE....
  4. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  6. Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore

Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore: I just factory reset my Windows 10 PC and the live tiles in the start menu no longer work. I've run the troubleshooter, which found nothing, and have tried resetting the apps but nothing seems to work. Any solutions?...
  7. Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles: The glory days of live tiles, which was first introduced with metro-style Windows Phone 7, are over. By default, Start menu contains about two dozen live tiles that continuously pull information in real-time, but many of those live tiles are not displaying anything useful....
  8. Remove a corrupt tile from the W10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove a corrupt tile from the W10 start menu: A tile corrupted on the Start menu, and is not responsive to activation. The tile context menu only lists tile sizes and nothing else. I ran sfc /scannow and the system files are all OK. Cleared the IconCache.db as well as the Explorer, in the locations listed below and...
  9. Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working

Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working: Hello. Just got a new computer today, win10 64-bit, i7. i can add apps to the live tiles, but then when i go to move them around or resize them, the start menu crashes. if i open it up again, the apps i added are gone, leaving only the ones that were already there. this...
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...