Windows 10: Local Group Policy editor window size settings not saving, please help

Discus and support Local Group Policy editor window size settings not saving, please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; take a look of the 3 pictures. pic 1. default size of gpedit.msc when opened pic2. I expand the left pane for additional sub folders and its clearly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m18xr2, Oct 28, 2019.

1. m18xr2 Win User

Local Group Policy editor window size settings not saving, please help

take a look of the 3 pictures.

pic 1. default size of gpedit.msc when opened
    pic2. I expand the left pane for additional sub folders and its clearly not big enough
    pic3. so i expand the window and make left pane extend more to the right, so far so good like any other window in explorer.

then I close it, reopen it goes back to picture 1..

how can I get the size/adjustment to stay, please help.

Local Group Policy editor window size settings not saving, please help [​IMG]

:)

m18xr2, Oct 28, 2019

2. group policy editor

Hi Tony,

Group Policy Editor in Windows is a tool to help you manage policy settings. Here's how you can access the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Press Win+R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Settings and Local Group Policy Editor

I was just curious to know if there is a way to easily locate all of the corresponding settings that are in the new Windows 10 Windows Settings app within the Local Group Policy Editor? The reason I ask is because I had recently discovered that several
    of the settings that I have changed in the Windows Settings app have not stuck. This has occurred on several Windows 10 Enterprise systems that I had configured at work. However, the only way that I was able to make the settings stick was to modify them
    in the Local Group Policy Editor instead. It took me some time to find the corresponding settings in the Local Group Policy Editor by searching on Google. That's why I would like to know if there is an easier way to find all of the corresponding settings
    in the new Windows Settings app in the Local Group Policy Editor.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

David

David D 3878, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Local Group Policy editor window size settings not saving, please help

Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows

post or send this record to a support professional to help them diagnose the problem.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Steps Recorder for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable Steps Recorder.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Steps Recorder using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Steps Recorder

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Local Group Policy Editor

*note In Windows 7, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.
    1. Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Application Compatibility. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Application Compatibility, double click/tap on the Turn off Steps Recorder policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Steps Recorder
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Steps Recorder
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Steps Recorder using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat

DisableUAR DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Steps Recorder
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Steps_Recorder.reg

3. To Disable Steps Recorder
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Steps_Recorder.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Local Group Policy editor window size settings not saving, please help

1. Local Group Policy editor window size settings not saving, please help - Similar Threads - Local Group Policy

2. missing sections in Local Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing sections in Local Group Policy Editor: Hi, I just did a clean install to windows 11 but after the update group policy just got destroyed.I searched for solutions but no luck.1. https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-registry-pol-missing-windows-10.html2....
  3. missing sections in Local Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing sections in Local Group Policy Editor: Hi, I just did a clean install to windows 11 but after the update group policy just got destroyed.I searched for solutions but no luck.1. https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-registry-pol-missing-windows-10.html2....
  4. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  5. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  6. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unable to open local group policy editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open local group policy editor: there are many of these and I tried some of them but I still can't open local group policy no matter what I do its still not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-local-group-policy-editor/a0bc9f6e-e518-4194-b500-b1ff2d5ef2c0
  8. Unable to open local group policy editor

Unable to open local group policy editor: there are many of these and I tried some of them but I still can't open local group policy no matter what I do its still not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-local-group-policy-editor/a0bc9f6e-e518-4194-b500-b1ff2d5ef2c0
  9. Local Group Policy Editor Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Group Policy Editor Win 10: Hello, I need help with getting into Local Group Policy Editor In Windows 10 I tried the gpedit in Command Prompt Or gpedit.msc in Run Anything like that won't work, i don't really know how to get into there, i even searched it in Cortana. Still, nothing does anyone know how...
  10. Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset All Local Group Policy Settings to Default in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting gpedit.msc window size

2. save gpedit.msc windows size

3. nu vot