Windows 10: lost option to login with PIN

Discus and support lost option to login with PIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before. 6731 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ppelao3k, Jun 4, 2015.

1. ppelao3k Win User

lost option to login with PIN

Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before.

:)

ppelao3k, Jun 4, 2015

2. lost option to login with PIN in Windows 10

I also Have this problem

VISHNUUDAIKUMAR, Jun 4, 2015
  3. lost option to login with PIN in Windows 10

Hi Misbahul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

For better understanding, answer the below question:

1. What happens when you try to use PIN password?

Try the methods below:

Method 1:

Try creating the PIN authentication.

1. Go to Settings and select Accounts.

2. Click on Sign-in options and then click on Add under PIN.

3. Now try to create a PIN and check.

Method 2:

If you already have PIN, try the below method suggested by Vidyaranjan A V replied on July 31, 2015:

You may not be able to sign in with your PIN or with Windows Hello after upgrading to a new build

Also refer:

Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello - Windows Experience Blog

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 4, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

This is one of the bugs in Build 10130. Hopefully they will patch it soon.

JohnC, Jun 4, 2015
  5. John035 Win User
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I did a clean install of 10130 and I had the option to set up a pin for log in,

BunnyJ, Jun 4, 2015
  7. Kari Win User
    Workaround that really works when the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after the upgrade to the build 10130:
    1.)
    Go to Settings > Account, check first that you account does not need to be verified (tutorial, Option One Steps 1 to 3). Verify the account if needed, if verifying the account does not work (does not accept your password), jump to step 4 below.

2.) Select Sign-in options, select I forgot my PIN:

lost option to login with PIN [​IMG]

3.) Click Continue:

4.) If you are asked your MS Account password and the system does not accept it but keeps asking it again and again, click Cancel then switch your MS Account to a local account (tutorial) and immediately thereafter reconnect to your MS Account (video). Resetting the PIN will now work.

5.) Create a new PIN:

(Notice that you can of course use the same PIN you had earlier which after the upgrade did not work.)

6.) Sign out or restart. The PIN works now, this screenshot from a Build 10122 upgraded through Windows Update to Build 10130 and the above workaround applied:

In clean installs PIN works without this workaround "out-of-the-box". In upgrade installs PIN works "out-of-the-box" on all accounts, local or MS, which are created after the upgrade, or which were created before the upgrade but did not have the PIN.

Kari, Jun 4, 2015
  8. ppelao3k Win User

thnks, works for me.

ppelao3k, Jun 4, 2015
  9. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile.

Kari, Jun 4, 2015
  10. I had the same thing happen to me. I didn't realize at first that it was the new build that was put out. Will have to report that back to MS. All I did was go to Settings, Accounts, Signin Options and Remove my PIN and put in a new one. Worked like a charm.

I will be looking at the next build MS pushes out to see if it does it again.

anthonyshill, Jan 7, 2016
  11. Kari Win User
  12. Well, it seems that Windows keeps losing my PIN. I'm on the Technical Preview Program so I have Build 11099 and I am not sure why the PIN keeps disappearing. If anybody has suggestions?

anthonyshill, Jan 19, 2016
  13. lost option to login with PIN

Well, looks like the PIN is not disappearing, it's just not an option for logging in. I still have a PIN setup in Windows but I don't get the option to login with it.

anthonyshill, Jan 19, 2016
  14. scantech Win User
    same here..the option to use it just disappeared

scantech, Jan 26, 2016
  15. ithildin Win User
    As of last night the option to use the pin disappeared. I was able to use it all day. Then when I tried to sign in around 9 PM PT, I received an error message and had to switch to the password option. Now there isn't an option to switch back.

ithildin, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

1. lost option to login with PIN - Similar Threads - lost option login

2. No login possible, only option is PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login possible, only option is PIN: I am locked out of my computer. I never used a PIN to log in, always face recognition. Now it tells me that I have entered an incorrect PIN too many times. It also prompts the challenge phrase and restart. There are no other options at all. I can access this account on...
  3. Forgot PIN, no other login options

Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  4. Login pin password option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login pin password option not showing: Login pin password option not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-password-option-not-showing/d8353914-8029-41c4-a684-6ac41a3e3854
  5. Lost biometrics and pin login data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost biometrics and pin login data: How is it at all acceptable that not once, not twice, but three times in six months my laptop has forced me to reset my pin and biometrics at a whim because they just "stopped working"?! How can my private computer be locked at a moments notice and become unrecoverable...
  6. Lost biometrics and pin login data

Lost biometrics and pin login data: How is it at all acceptable that not once, not twice, but three times in six months my laptop has forced me to reset my pin and biometrics at a whim because they just "stopped working"?! How can my private computer be locked at a moments notice and become unrecoverable...
  7. Login: no other option but PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login: no other option but PIN: Hi, I have a laptop in which I've never configured a PIN, I've been using only my microsoft account password to login. Today, I turned my laptop on, only to find that W10 only gave me the choice to login via PIN (even though I've never set one). I can't choose another login...
  8. Win10 Pin Login Option not visible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 Pin Login Option not visible: I earlier used to use an Acer laptop in which I had upgraded to Win10 from Win7. In that model, I had the option to use a pin to login. I recently bought a new HP laptop with preinstalled Win10. In this device, the option to set up a pin for login is not visible at all. I...
  9. Can’t login, no PIN code option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t login, no PIN code option: I got a new gou and I wanted to ddu so I turned on safe with network boot in msconfig. Now my windows started and it asks for my password. I am not using my password for 3-4 years now and I have no idea what it is. I tried all my previous passwords, non of them worked. I also...
  10. Lost My Login Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost My Login Pin: How do i reset my login pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-login-pin/b4b7b1d6-5fee-4c1a-ac16-f66435b61b08