Windows 10: Mail notifications on local user account, Windows 10

Discus and support Mail notifications on local user account, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there - I've just realised that under my partner's login for Windows 10, she gets email notifications for the email address associated with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisThompsonYNWA, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Mail notifications on local user account, Windows 10

Hi there - I've just realised that under my partner's login for Windows 10, she gets email notifications for the email address associated with my account. I have looked all the way through both our account settings, as well as email settings, to restrict her from seeing these notifications, but there does not seem to be a way.

I have an Administrator account associated with my outlook account, and she has an Administrator - Local account which does not have an email address linked to it.

I log in with my Windows password, but she simply clicks her name.

Does anyone know how I can amend this access she has to my email? Thanks!

***Modified Title from: Other Windows 10 login sees my email notifications***

:)

ChrisThompsonYNWA, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Mail notifications on local user account, Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. Kari Win User

Mail notifications on local user account, Windows 10

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Mail notifications on local user account, Windows 10 [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Mail notifications on local user account, Windows 10

1. Mail notifications on local user account, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mail notifications local

2. unable to set a local user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to set a local user account windows 10: Hi to All,Just new to the forum, I have a question about windows 10 pro.Looks like this laptop was reset but I think this laptop was set-up for an school board.After reset on the step to se-up a user my only option is enter an email address for an specific school board., I am...
  3. unable to set a local user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to set a local user account windows 10: Hi to All,Just new to the forum, I have a question about windows 10 pro.Looks like this laptop was reset but I think this laptop was set-up for an school board.After reset on the step to se-up a user my only option is enter an email address for an specific school board., I am...
  4. unable to set a local user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fast. Rebooted and selected other user. It then wants and email and password. Since user was setup without email, I Clicked the keypad under the...
  6. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  7. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  8. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  9. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  10. Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notofications in windows 10 with local user account