Windows 10: Managing favorites in edge browser?

Discus and support Managing favorites in edge browser? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I manage my favorites in the new Edge browser? I accidently moved a favorites folder into another favorites folder & I don't know how to get the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dom, Aug 3, 2015.

1. DOM
    dom Win User

Managing favorites in edge browser?

How do I manage my favorites in the new Edge browser? I accidently moved a favorites folder into another favorites folder & I don't know how to get the folder out of the other folder? Thanks

:)

2. Managing Favorites in Edge

Hi Patricia,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you with your query.

Based on your description, please be informed that the option you are looking for is not unfortunately available. In-order to save the favorites in folder you have to save individually. However, I suggest you to provide your valuable suggestion and
    feedback using Microsoft edge app.

If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Managing Favorites in Edge

How to you move favorites into and out of different folders in Edge? Don't want to import.

PatriciaKelcher, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  5. DOM
    dom Win User
    Thanks for your reply Brink. The link you supplied explains how to add or remove a favorite but those are not my issue. I need to remove a favorites folder that I accidentally dragged into another favorites folder. Thanks

6. bra10n Win User
    Hi Dom,

Just go into the folder containing the folder you want to move and drag it into the 'Favourites' link at the top.

bra10n, Aug 3, 2015
  7. DOM
    dom Win User
    Thanks

8. Managing favorites in edge browser?

Hi,

I have been trying to tidy up my favourites after importing Internet Explorer and Chrome. The link above is great because I have been looking for the folder for a couple days. However, when I start dragging and dropping folders around, the favourite actually disappear from my favourites list in Edge. I have tried re-importing the favourites but I cant seem to get them back. I can see them in the folder in the file management part but not in Edge.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

chrisybabes, Oct 25, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Chrisy, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Unfortunately, links added directly into the folder or moved around in the folder will not show in Microsoft Edge. They have to be imported instead.

How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

To fix this, you'll need to use OPTION FOUR below to delete all favorites in Microsoft Edge, and start over importing them again. *Sad

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 25, 2015
  10. DGCR Win User
    After dragging and dropping something beginning with R from last on the list to where it belongs I closed the browser (Edge) and re-opened it only to find the link has gone back to last on the list. Interestingly in the local folder where the favorites are stored it is there in alphabetical order. Hmmm

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You can drag and drop favorites from within the listed Favorites inside Edge to change the order how you like.

Brink, Oct 26, 2015
  12. zaqxsw Win User
    If you have manually dragged them and want them back in alphabetical order, how would you do that, short of manually doing it?

Thanks for any replies!

zaqxsw, Nov 19, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

There's no easy built-in way to manually manage favorites in Microsoft Edge currently.

You could either manually drag and drop them to how you wanted, or delete all favorites in Microsoft Edge and import them from say Internet Explorer again. *Sad

Brink, Nov 19, 2015
  14. maranna Win User
    I am only posting hoping that someone who can attend to this issue will take the suggestions under consideration.
    I have browses where I can arrange, drag/drop and remove fav's . It is a very important function to me as I am always looking to a favorite to get to a specific site. I too find the inability to manage the fav's very troublesome to the point where I avoid Edge just b/c of this limitation. Let's hope enough people will provide feedback.

maranna, Dec 20, 2015
  15. RomanX Win User
    I realize that this thread is a few months old, but I was looking for how to manage my favorites within Edge also and during my googling I found this thread. In messing around with different things, I did figure out a way to move things around (which if I understood, is what some of the issues were talked about). Having a favorite in my Favorite's Bar for example, and want to move it into a sub folder. What I did was go the favorites then added my new folder. Then on each of the 5 links I had on the favorites bar, I clicked on the favorite link to bring up the page, then clicked the Favorites star and it allowed me to save it into that sub folder. Once I hit Save, it moved the link out of my Bar and into the sub folder (I didn't have to worry about it being in two places). It isn't quite as long of a process as I probably made it sound. I did 5 links in about a minute and a half. One other thing I did was click on my new sub folder then drag it up and dropped it on the Favorites Bar option, it moved the folder there and now it is on the Bar. Hope it helps.

RomanX, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Managing favorites in edge browser? - Similar Threads - Managing favorites edge

2. Favorites crashes Edge Browser when selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites crashes Edge Browser when selected: Recently, Favorites crashes Edge Browser every time when selected from the Upper Right corner ... Asks to restoreI pinned my favorites to a toolbar and it is working as expected.Unable to correct.Have rebooted, cleared history, have newest win 10 version 21h1Any additional...
  3. How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser: Having a place where you can save websites and links that are frequently visited by you is a feature present across browsers running on all Operating Systems. This functionality may be named differently but works in a similar capacity most of the time; you find a link to be...
  4. New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing: I had a favorites bar on my old Microsoft Edge and I pinned it to the right side of the screen. However, after update it is missing. I found it now on the left side and cannot pin or change location. How to change it?...
  5. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  6. Edge will soon HAVE BEEN my favorite browser :-(

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will soon HAVE BEEN my favorite browser :-(: Lately the MS Edge browser gets more and more annoying by refusing to load webpages claiming: " Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner....
  7. Sorting favorites in thr Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Sorting favorites in thr Edge browser: I have just thoroughly mixed up the favourites in Edge and as I have about 200 to choose from, it's going to take ages to remember where to find them. The idea was to either have them in alphabetical order, or to have the dozen or so most used at the top. I had only moved one...
  8. How to export favorites from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to export favorites from Edge browser: After the "November update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer uses a folder structure to store favorites. Instead, it now uses an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database. So, that means you can no longer just do a copy-n-paste in an attempt to export your favorites....
  9. Move favorite to left side of new Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Move favorite to left side of new Edge browser?: Can anyone tell me how to get my favorites to pin on the left side of the new Edge browser? thanks 12475
  10. Microsoft Edge Favorites management HELP !

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites management HELP !: ​Everytime I use drag and drop to move around Favorites, the bar gets dimmed and I get a message saying "Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing. If you close Microsoft Edge, some items might not be shared". At this point, the solution is to close the Edge browser. Can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. managing favorites in edge browser is a pain